FORUMS

Progress(research) is WAY to slow!

Posted: //
Aug. 12, 2017, 6:59 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 15, 2017, 11:07 p.m.

So does anybody else feel like they are not making progress? I've been grinding for hours to get a tier 4 ship, and have made so little progress its depressing. How long do the developers think their game will stay popular if it takes 100 plus hours to unlock one higher end Ship??? Don't get me wrong, I like this game. It is fun, but it is not fun to grind as extensively as it is in this game. I know what you're wondering, "While if it bothers you so much, why don't you try elite status?" I have, I bought 90 days worth, with real money. It helps, but not near enough. You'll still spend countless hours trying to progress to tier 4. I can't even imagine the grind necessary to get to tier 5.

However there's a remarkable easy fix, just double or triple the amount of research gained from battles. As far as credits go, they could be increased to. But to me, research is first priority.

EDIT: I'm glad to see the community's concern for the debated issue. After more thought I have an alternative proposal, how about a faster "wait time" for the battle bonuses? (15min instead of 24?).

Aug. 12, 2017, 11:17 p.m.

You need at least 15 hours to get a T4 without booster. T5 cost 3x more than a T4 and would take around 48 hours. It's not that long but if you want to get it faster try aiming to be the top 1 so you can have more rewards.

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

Aug. 13, 2017, 9:19 p.m.

The reward system definitely needs a boost. How much, exactly, is hard to say, but the game does feel way too grindy right now, and not very rewarding. Made even worse now that gains when battle bonus is on cooldown are just about nothing, especially in a loss.

Aug. 13, 2017, 10:01 p.m.

100 hours to get to Tier 4? I did T3-4 in a couple hours in one sitting. lol...

I only have 100 hours in the game and I have two Tier 5s and one more on the way tomorrow. As well as nine Tier 4s.

I think the progression is fast enough. I wouldn't mind if they increased it though. Fast people get to tier 5, the more T5 matches we can have <3

Aug. 14, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

If you truly enjoy the game, then the grind shouldn't matter.

Aug. 14, 2017, 1:27 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 14, 2017, 1:28 p.m.

To be fair, the T5 grind seems to be going a lot faster. You get so much EXP healing that you can get a new module nearly every round. I've been averaging around 25-35k EXP per match. Broke that record today. Not only that, you make back enough to pay off your battle bonus or just barely. Hardly any credit loss.

Aug. 14, 2017, 2:39 p.m.

Those numbers aren't representative of play in recruit or veteran, not even close, and I'm pretty sure you know it. Given that's where the vast majority of the players are, that's where it needs a bit of a change. The current grind won't sit too well with casual players, as they'll see very little progression over a full week of play. The game rewards with pennies in a non-battle bonus match.

The community needs to grow, and I honestly believe the reward system is going to prevent that from happening, or at the very least, hinder it.

Aug. 14, 2017, 4:56 p.m.

Their is no lose of BB in recruit? Only in Veteran and Legendary. Veteran BB cost 3500 credits. You can easily make that in a round. So it pays for itself. And once you get two Tier 4 ships, you can que in Legendary as well for 500% XP.

Aug. 14, 2017, 5:20 p.m.

Easily make 3500 spacebux each round? What are you smoking?

Aug. 14, 2017, 5:35 p.m.

ok but what about players who don't have 2 tier 4 ships or higher? and some people can't make 3500 per vet match, you have to remember that not everyone has the same skill level. most ppl average about 600-2000 credits and 2-3.5k xp per match on the lowish end without battle bonus. so it would take the average person 2 matches just to afford the battle bonus and if they lose the match after buying it then they have to grind that much more with nothing to show for it.

and at 600-1500 credits and 2000-3500 xp per match it would take a LONG time for a casual player to get enough xp to even think about unlocking a tier 4 ship (about 40ish matches in a single ship) let alone purchasing one at 90,000-95,000 credits (around 100 matches) and after that its another 14,000-29,000 xp to unlock tier 4 modules ,at the same pay rate, just to unlock a module and then the same amount of credits again to purchase it. yes its easy once your in top tier matches but if you don't have multiple tier 4s or 5s it takes weeks of grinding for a casual player just to make even the smallest amount of progress after tier 3 and it is very discouraging. especially if you spend all that time to get a ship only to realize it doesn't fit your play style.

the battle rewards do need a buff for vet level matches.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.