FORUMS

Flight Joystick support non existant. -_-

Posted: //
Aug. 13, 2017, 6:49 p.m.

I assume there is no support for Thrustmaster joysticks..... or anything flight joysticks for that matter?

Aug. 13, 2017, 7:18 p.m.

That would be correct, says someone who bought one and couldn't get it to work.

Aug. 13, 2017, 7:23 p.m.

Crazy ... Flying with a keyboard.....

layinout#5947 posted (#post-132455)

That would be correct, says someone who bought one and couldn't get it to work.

Aug. 13, 2017, 7:25 p.m.

And yet it would seem that hundreds or thousands of people are capable of doing it...

Are you a special snowflake?

March 31, 2018, 10:25 p.m.

I'd like to see support for Thrustmaster Hotas for PS4.... Mine is just sitting on the shelf gathering dust since I don't play Eve Valkyrie much any more. Would be a great addition to the game IMHO...

April 1, 2018, 2 a.m.

Well, this isn't a fighter sim. Even the smallest class of ships is presumably operated by a crew of atleast a (few) dozen people. Suggesting that a Jutland/Monarch should be operated with a joystick is kind of... vexing.

That said, I'm all for supporting whatever control schemes players may prefer.

April 1, 2018, 3:12 p.m.

-Bazza-#5140 posted (#post-132458) said:

And yet it would seem that hundreds or thousands of people are capable of doing it...

Are you a special snowflake?

I very carefully though about the controls and what joystick (that was available to purchase) had enough buttons and switches to substitue for the keyboard. The game just simply didn't recognize the joystick at all. Tried everything I could, read what was available, and still no success.

For me it wasn't about twitch movement control, it was about controls that felt more like "flying" which is approximately what you do in a spaceship.

April 1, 2018, 4:30 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-216476) said:

I very carefully though about the controls and what joystick (that was available to purchase) had enough buttons and switches to substitue for the keyboard. The game just simply didn't recognize the joystick at all. Tried everything I could, read what was available, and still no success.

For me it wasn't about twitch movement control, it was about controls that felt more like "flying" which is approximately what you do in a spaceship.

After 2 years the game still doesn't allow you to properly bind controls, anyway, you need to do it all by hand in %LOCALAPPDATA%\DreadGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini

If your joystick doesn't support XInput (most of them don't) you'll additionally need an emulator like x360ce.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.