FORUMS

Blast Pulse + ABW Abuse going away in 2.0?

Posted: //
Sept. 3, 2016, 2:59 p.m.

Both of these skills do insane damage with module amper and ignore shields. Outside of armored lockdown there is no counter play defense because the attacks hit near instantly and shields do nothing.

I've been on both sides both against stacked comps with 3-4 corvettes running blast ABW, and on the winning side of this comp as a corvette running the combo.

When I'm running this with 2-3 other corvettes, its hilarious. We just rush their fleet and if everyone is grouped within the ranges of the blast pulses they all just instantly die.

I've seen fleets of 4 ships get wiped in one attack run, unable to do anything but sit there and die.

I do think there should be attacks that bypass shields, but the ease of use and execution of ABW + blast pulse is just silly. When you stack multiple vettes that have this capability and coordinate attacks to blast their fleet at the same time, there is no counter play or reaction windows.

Anyone in range of the pulses instantly dies unless they pop armored lockdown.

ABW is not that bad, at least you can avoid it or kill the vette before they are in range to warp. Blast pulse is absolutely ridiculous. Corvette duels basically turn into who can get desperate measure procs and double blast pulse faster.

The range is insanely large and impossible to escape, even with fast ships. The pulse will also kill you before the animation of most warp skills go off.

I'm wondering how this would be remedied in 2.0. Currently, you can kill any fleet comp by pulse stacking on vettes. You don't even need healers, tanks... nothing matters. Just get 4-5 corvettes and if they all group they instantly die. If they branch off you can just pick them off one by one with vette runs. There currently is no counter if the blast pulse team has half a brain.

Sept. 3, 2016, 7:46 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 3, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

The Developers are aware of the ABW issue,so i guess its gonna be changed somehow in 2.0,lets w8 and see.But i hope they let blast pulse as is,alone its not that bad,combined with abw there is a problem.

"The First Of His Name"

Sept. 3, 2016, 7:53 p.m.

As far as I know, ABW will not bypass shields in the future. The insane damage of 15k+10k = 25k amped, which is the same as a plasma ram of a destroyer, which can also use scrambler pulse and thrust amplifier...and ontop use module amper himself to boost his ram to 32,5k.

Btw, amped nuclear mines deal a lot of damage, and you can snipe vettes, especially if they come in a straight line and may have their power to weapons. You can use tractors or stasis pulse so you have more time to take them out, close nuke yourself with an nuke torp, etc. If your team does not switch ships for a suitable loadout to counter this, I have bad news for you, as this is one of the ideas behind dreadnought, you can counter everything, but this may force you to use a different loadout. If you do not have such a lodout, you will be at a disadvantage.

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 4, 2016, 2:28 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2016, 2:29 a.m.

I hope they keep the blast pulse powered up, as it seems sometimes the only way of taking down a corv when in a tactical cruiser.

Sept. 5, 2016, 7:51 a.m.

The moment I see pulse/ABW and 3+ corvettes on the opposing team, I just stop playing and stop queuing. There's no reason to play and no reason to give them any more opponents to play against. Cheap wins in a system that is going to wipe don't deserve anyone to play against.

Sept. 5, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

phreakstorm#1997 posted (#post-43709)

The moment I see pulse/ABW and 3+ corvettes on the opposing team, I just stop playing and stop queuing. There's no reason to play and no reason to give them any more opponents to play against. Cheap wins in a system that is going to wipe don't deserve anyone to play against.

And what will you do after the wipe when ABW won't ingore shields anymore, but they can drain you with Drain Torps first and then deliver the same damage?

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 5, 2016, 11:10 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-43716)

phreakstorm#1997 posted (#post-43709)

And what will you do after the wipe when ABW won't ingore shields anymore, but they can drain you with Drain Torps first and then deliver the same damage?

If the game's fun enough and/or there's progression to deal with, it might not matter but I will probably still auto leave games with 3+ corvettes that have ABW/pulse.

Sept. 5, 2016, 2:08 p.m.

Drain torpedos are counterable, being slow to strike, vulnerable to anti missile systems, and far less effective if the enemy has a means of regaining energy (such as energy generator).

No true scotsman would ever call out a logical fallacy.

Sept. 5, 2016, 2:33 p.m.

TheDeadlyShoe#1217 posted (#post-43726)

Drain torpedos are counterable, being slow to strike, vulnerable to anti missile systems, and far less effective if the enemy has a means of regaining energy (such as energy generator).

Tacticals and Destroyers have no access to anti-missile systems, and even the Dreadnoughts anti-missile lasers will need several shots to destroy the torpedoes, which makes them without an anti-missile pulse virtually uncounterable, because they can be launched at shorter distances to avoid getting shot down. And activating energy generator and reshielding needs to be done in the small time window of the enemy corvette seeing his torpedoes impact and activating ABW.

The bugfix will make it harder to use this combination and decrease the frequency of it, but it will still be possible.

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 5, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 5, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

Armored Lockdown (or similar) and laugh as that combo does virtually no damage.
Heck, my Svarog has even survived passes by ABW+BP corvettes with well timed armor amps, followed up with an easy kill because they jump in front of my gun expecting me to be dead.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.