FORUMS

NERF ON SCORE AND BATTLE BONUS IS WAY TOO BIG

Posted: //
Aug. 23, 2017, 9:39 p.m.

I tried Legendary Proving Grounds. I got 19 kills. Old score would have been 5500+. New score was less than 2400. Way too big a nerf. Not sure this game is worth my time anymore. Not a happy camper.

Old base score would have been close to 750. This score was an even 600. Reminds me of the days when any score over 14 kills would net you a low 600 score. Nice screw-up.

Aug. 23, 2017, 9:56 p.m.

I just came out of a Veterans Proving Grounds. Base score, with only 14 kills was 800+ and overall score was great, about half again what I got in Legendary with 19 kills a few minutes ago. Congratulations on really screwwing things up.

Aug. 23, 2017, 10:04 p.m.

That might just be for Proving Grounds, maybe they forgot to boost those points, because with a ~1800 score, 11-0, I was able to get 10k overall xp with elite and the legendary bb in a TDM with a T4 Destroyer.

Recruit Engineer

Aug. 23, 2017, 10:11 p.m.

Well, I went into Legendary Proving Grounds again and purposely kept my kills to 14-15, Score was fine. Looks like the old 'Score too many kills and you get a crrap score' again.

That was fixed. Now it is broken again.

Aug. 24, 2017, 6:52 a.m.

Why are you playing Proving grounds? You get so much more EXP and credits for even a bad game of Deathmatch?

Aug. 24, 2017, 8:35 a.m.

Matchmaker still worthless at large with teams on one side and t2 ships on other. I can understand people playing proving grounds.

Aug. 24, 2017, 3:26 p.m.

They did nerf the h.e.l.l. out of base scores with 1.8.0. and they have been buffed again last patch.
Have you not played for a while ?

P.s. poxy filter

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Aug. 24, 2017, 8:56 p.m.

I'm getting more points than ever in 1.8.1

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Aug. 25, 2017, 1:37 a.m.

I was getting an average of 4000 - 5500 XP in a Legendary Proving Grounds match, with a wait time of 1 minute, and 2800 - 4000 XP per match in Veterans. I get to do more killing and less being killed. My high in Onslaught before Proving Grounds was about 5500 and that was a fluke. Typical score was low 2000s.

I'm an older gamer who has really only played Dreadnought, and that only since January. Most of the people in the other matches are much better than me, because they have developed gamer reflexes, from years of gaming. I did my time in the trenches with this game. When I finally get some decent modules on the tier 4 ships that I am currently passively leveling, I'll come back into the other matches. I'm content where I'm at for now.
Benefits of Proving Grounds from my perspective:

Almost always a couple of tacs on a Dreadnought so I can get some experience dealing with that kind of situation.

Sometimes they're on an arty, also good experience.

Practice going after corvettes from 3km and out, with an arty.

Gaining patience to let shields drop before I fire.

Experience looking around the map for stuff coming up from behind.

I almost always have a bot tac healing me if I stay in a general area. Not so much if I am adventurous.

If you are alone, the adversary bots tend to match your tier level better, you will work harder, and get more kills.

Bot teammates tend to play at least as well as new players. If the adversary bots weren't obviously nerfed, I might lose a lot.

Not frustrated by people, with way more experience, seal clubbing me.
For those claiming that they are getting more points than ever - try getting a base score of 600 for 19 kills, in a Legendary Proving Grounds match, and then turning around a few minutes later and getting 700+ for 14 kills in a Veterans match (more real players). Then try getting a similar 700+ base points for 15 kills and then in the next match getting only 605 for the same 15 kills. Please explain. My first Proving Grounds after 1.8.1 should have netted me 5000 - 5300 XP. it was less than 2400.

By the way, customer service has explained that they've looked at the issue and it is the way they want it. Somehow, I think they are blowing smoke.

Background: Proving Grounds let me play my tier 4 ships without paying that exorbitant maintenance fee. I found that Arties are particularly useful for me in that format and I finished leveling 2 tier 3 arties that I would hardly play in regular matches because I was regularly seal clubbed. On one of those tier 4 arties, that I earned after Proving Grounds, I am almost to it's tier 5 version and I've passively leveled 4 other ships at about 100,000 XP each. Particularly helpful when you can have the same tier 4 ships in both Veteran and Legendary fleets. Only difference is that one fleet has an Onager, and the other has a Murometz.

While the wait for Battle bonus was so long, I would play Veteran and then Legendary, wait about 10 minutes and play Veteran again. Then I would close the program, do something else on the computer for a while, and then reload the program and do it again. I was actually OK with that rhythm.

Aug. 25, 2017, 1:43 a.m.

I think you are mistaking the timing. Legendary BB have 20 minutes wait, but it start the moment you start the match, so after the game you only have to wait 15 minutes or so. You can just play legendary - veteran - wait 3-5 minutes then play legendary again.

After 1.8.1 I hardly play a game without BB anymore. And you don't have maintenance fee anymore as well (unless you are playing on PS4)

Proving ground is always slower than other modes, even if you don't do well. A middle range score in onslaught (where you only need to kill AI ships) would net you 50% more scores than in proving ground.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.