FORUMS

Is the Jutland supposed to have such utterly useless guns?

Posted: //
Aug. 29, 2017, 12:25 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 29, 2017, 12:27 p.m.

Played a few games so far in the Jutland and honestly, it is an absolute god aweful ship. It is so pitifully weak and is little more than a pinyata with a feather duster for claws. The main cannons are so absolutely pitiful breathing on the enemies armour would do more damage.

It takes about 15 volleys on average (for me anyway, I have terrible aim as a I live in Australia) to kill tier 3 corvette with them. Are they supposed to be so god dam pitiful? I have resorted to only using its secondaries as they deal far more damage and net far better results. Is there something I'm missing or is it little more than a garbage ship to spend free XP on to get to the monarch? To reiterate, it is so pitifully weak a tier 2 destroyer can out damage it even after a broadside.

Aug. 29, 2017, 12:28 p.m.

All Dreadnought primary guns <T5 are weaker than the Repeaters. The only primary gun better, and just at 0-1200m, than the Repeater Secondaries are those of the Monarch. Only advantages of the primaries are range and better energy efficiency when using ptw.

So nearly all Dreads might need a balance pass regarding their guns.

Recruit Engineer

Aug. 29, 2017, 12:52 p.m.

Yeah, basically, on a dreadnought, always use the repeaters if possible. It is a bit weird, but not really gamebreaking imo.

I am only talking about the PC version. I have no idea about Playstation.

Aug. 29, 2017, 1:56 p.m.

I've seen some good use of Jutlands in Team elimination stalemates. I agree that the main guns damage output is laughable, but i believe that it strenght rely on being a giant warpjumping brick.
And you still can spread chaos and pack a punch at close range with broadsides, repeaters and your massive hp

Aug. 29, 2017, 2:28 p.m.

Yes Jutland primary guns are supposed to be c.r.a.p. it has the best tank in the game.
Fun fact repeater secondary weapons are identical on all dreads.
Jutland is about jumping on someones face and spanking them with modules and repeater guns.
If you have a good healer the Jut is a pain in the b.u.t.t. to kill.

P.S. stupid filter

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Aug. 30, 2017, 8:09 a.m.

How to fix the jutland guns.

Use the monarch's firing pattern.

It will be perfect.

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

Oct. 20, 2017, 5:04 p.m.

Been having a lot of fun in this game and I want it to continue to develop greatly. It got discouraging though after having focused the grind towards a Jutland only to unlock it and discover that its main guns are so poor. Being slow and tanky is understandable but those primary cannons are an insult to the ship and make spending all the time and points on it remorseful. Also the great expense of obtaining a Jutland now requires even more investment to fully research it, all the while being hindered by those astoundingly inadequate primary weapons. It's just not right.

Oct. 20, 2017, 5:49 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-137370)

All Dreadnought primary guns
So nearly all Dreads might need a balance pass regarding their guns.

What this Captain above said...exactly..

"The First Of His Name"

Oct. 20, 2017, 6:55 p.m.

I personally want to see the Jutland's cannons used like naval guns (which is what they resemble), massive alpha damage at long range and then a slow reload or slow fire rate to balance.

I just can't understand for what reason the main guns on the Jutland are quite so terrible, the scatter is bad, medium range, low damage, low fire rate...

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 21, 2017, 4:37 a.m.

Jutland primaries should be like the Jutland itself: Incredibly slow but packing a wallop.

If they took a second / 2 seconds to reload but did 3 or 4 times the current damage they might start being useful - but as it is now they are like wee little pea shooters. It makes no sense that something so incredibly monstrous would squirt water pistols at you.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.