FORUMS

Tips for newcomer :)

Posted: //
Aug. 30, 2017, 10:49 a.m.

Hello everyone!
I just started playing this game so yes I'm a noob. I'm still getting use to this.

Anyway I was just wondering about the "sniper" class ships in this game.
In every game this is my thing (I do play other classes to but not as much)
I like to take the enemy from a distance.

But my first inpresion from the first "sniper" was...mix. Reason being at first I notice it deals great dmg. But then I see a what I believe a distance cap to shoot...even if I see the enemies fro mm far away I shoot and can't hit them, only if I'm "close enough. I honestly don't know is this is intentional or if this distance increase by tier or ship specific.

Sorry if I sounded dumb.
And while you guys are at it any advice for the current "best snipers" altilery cruiser ships?

Aug. 30, 2017, 10:53 a.m.

The sniper range limit was reduced to 7km. The best sniper in my opinion is the Akula Vector ones, the Murometz. Get mines as soon as you can to deal with vetts, evasive maneuvers is great for dodging and makes you hard to kill. Most snipers I've seen run missile pulse to deal with storms.

Aug. 30, 2017, 10:56 a.m.

Yes, there is distance limits on weapons. AFAIK all the artillery cruisers (snipers) primary fire is a maximum of 7000 meters (7 km) This is far greater than all other "gun" weapons, so you can still maintain a considerable distance advantage. The rest of the ships have a general optimum range of under 3 km. It varies ship to ship/weapon to weapon. You can view your weapon stats to see what the exact range is in the hanger/tech tree.

The only weapons with a greater range are some missiles, but they take a loooooooong time to arrive if you fire them off that far away.

Aug. 30, 2017, 10:57 a.m.

You must be within 7 km of an enemy ship to hit it; range is stated in your HUD in tiny font, so put on your monocle and look for it. Green sniper ships have more health, middle maneuverability, one-shot clips with good damage. Grey sniper ships have medium health, lower maneuverability, 2-shot clips with higher damage if you're able to land both shots. White sniper ships are lower health, high maneuverability, 8-shot rapid fire clips with lower damage.

Join the Dreadnought Discord if you want any help or tips; there's usually someone there willing to give advice. https://discordapp.com/invite/0YUQEUySzjvmLnIg

Aug. 30, 2017, 3:01 p.m.

Hi and welcome! I consider myself an intermediate player and I assure you the community is very accomodating.

My top 3 tips are:

1) Know your role.
2) Know your ship.
3) Know your enemy's ship.

This is one of those games that rewards out-smarting your opponent based on deep knowledge of what every ship in the match is and isnt capable of. First section off the ships into their types and get to know them (artillery, dreadnought, tactical etc). After you're comfortable with that, focus and learn what each ship can do individually in its own right.

Pick your targets, and try not to push your ship into doing something it's really not supposed to. Even ships of the same type can be considerably different, so just because you can fly a light tac cruiser doesn't mean you can pilot a medium one with the same prowess.

Aug. 30, 2017, 3:06 p.m.

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-137689)

Yes, there is distance limits on weapons. AFAIK all the artillery cruisers (snipers) primary fire is a maximum of 7000 meters (7 km) This is far greater than all other "gun" weapons, so you can still maintain a considerable distance advantage. The rest of the ships have a general optimum range of under 3 km. It varies ship to ship/weapon to weapon. You can view your weapon stats to see what the exact range is in the hanger/tech tree.

The only weapons with a greater range are some missiles, but they take a loooooooong time to arrive if you fire them off that far away.

This is not totally correct. A lot of ships have 7km range on their main guns. However, those shots usually move a lot slower than the artillery shells. Which means that at max range, you can basically only hit a dreadnought or someone who is standing totally still. Even a bit of dipping up and down makes it very hard to hit something smaller like the murometz line of artillery.

I am only talking about the PC version. I have no idea about Playstation.

Aug. 30, 2017, 4:58 p.m.

My tip is to stay in "Recruit" bracket where the game is decently balanced. "Veteran" bracket, all balance is thrown out the window in favor of bought T4 ships and T4 ships in general.

Aug. 30, 2017, 5:01 p.m.

Still got a lot to learn in here. Now that I'm situated in the 7km range I'll start to expand my knowledge gain for other ships. (Still keeping artillery cruisers as a main tho)

Gets me exited learning this like this.

Aug. 30, 2017, 5:41 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 30, 2017, 5:42 p.m.

Also, one very important thing: If you want to play recruit games, have one T1 ship in your recruit fleet. If you have an All T2 recruit fleet, you get thrown into veteran matches with all the T4 ships. Which is rather silly.

Edit: Also, i wouldn't agree that stuff in the veteran bracket is broken, or in favor of the bought ships. The bought ships are just a specific loadout of ships you can have anyways. Obviously T4 ships are stronger than T3, but i am having a lot of fun playing in the veteran bracket with my T3 s currently.

I am only talking about the PC version. I have no idea about Playstation.

Aug. 30, 2017, 9:31 p.m.

Energy management Energy management Energy management

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.