FORUMS

Observations, and feedback

Posted: //
Sept. 1, 2017, 8:58 a.m.

Not really sure where to put this, or if a lot of it has already been said, but I wanted to give some feedback on initial impressions.

• Colorblind mode- I noticed in the tutorial, that the reticle apparently changes colors based on effective distance. neat. would be nice if I could use this feature. This really needs a colorblind mode (blue - white - red should work for all but monochromats)
  • Points system dicks over damage dealers. - as a healer class main, I get points for every x I heal. DPS and Tanks do not apparently get points for damage, only kills and assists, this doesn't make sense, don't nerf healers, add points for dealing damage, even if it gets healed, and we don't get the kill, dealing damage is still important, and should be rewarded, otherwise we'll just have a game of killstealers
  • Field of View - Holy cow, I can't see jack, let me zoom out a little, these are space ships, I have sensors in every direction, there's no need to limit the fov
  • Heal and look - I really need a way to monitor my allies while healing one. this game is a lot about positioning, and if I'm in a good position to heal, but it requires extreme camera angles, then I cannot keep an eye on my team, I would like a way to either maintain a heal beam and spin the camera around (not a lock on target, i get that, but if we're both stationary, I should be able to do this)
  • Alternately, raid panes - IF I could get a status window with my allies HP, direction, and distance, then I could more easily live with the limited FoV
  • Maneuvering thrusters - How can we not strafe? we can only move on 2.5 of the axis, it seems. would like to see horizontal thrusters for right/left movement
  • Fighter - Could the fighter be any more difficult to fly? I feel like playing warthunder, with my hands tied behind my back, a keyboard full of cheetos and dried mountain dew, and trackball mouse from 1997, whilst being flogged with a large tuna would be more enjoyable than trying to make the fighter do anything useful.

Sept. 12, 2017, 5:34 a.m.

I basically totally agree with this. As a Tac main, I find it super hard to keep up with my allies health. Something Id like to see is assists for healing team mates. Many of my team mates would not be getting kills without my assistance.

Also with strafing, its something I've found really frustrating is the inability to do so. I Really need to be able to position myself in a more refined matter.

Also with colour blindness, Im not colourblind myself, but I find colourblind modes are much easier on my sensitive eyes. THis would benefit more than just a few people, while including better accessability.

There is so much empty space on the hud that could be better used to give us vital info

Sept. 12, 2017, 6:02 a.m.

Spartan_029#1170 posted (#post-138231)

• Points system dicks over damage dealers. - as a healer class main, I get points for every x I heal. DPS and Tanks do not apparently get points for damage, only kills and assists, this doesn't make sense, don't nerf healers, add points for dealing damage, even if it gets healed, and we don't get the kill, dealing damage is still important, and should be rewarded, otherwise we'll just have a game of killstealers

You do get credit for the kill even if you are not dealing the final blow though. The game gives kill credit to 2 person: the one deal most damage and the finisher (sometimes they are the same)

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 12, 2017, 5:56 p.m.

"Field of View - Holy cow, I can't see jack, let me zoom out a little, these are space ships, I have sensors in every direction, there's no need to limit the fov"
I believe you can solve that by increasing number of UI objects in port view and minimap. But i agree with all the rest (not color blind tho); healers should have a health bar easy to see on its allies.

Sept. 13, 2017, 7:58 p.m.

For FeedBAck, is there not a strafe left and right ability? Also, is there not an Invite a friend option?

Sept. 13, 2017, 8:30 p.m.

SteelNinja#2897 posted (#post-143687)

For FeedBAck, is there not a strafe left and right ability? Also, is there not an Invite a friend option?

For strafing, right now you can use evasive maneuver on destroyer, or left/right maneuver on arty for that. Other ships cannot

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 14, 2017, 3:04 a.m.

Observations from a relatively new player to the game, but with experience in similar tactical games like WoT, WoWS, WT, AW, etc.:

-The lack of uniqueness of the different ship lines makes the game a bit stale. The concept of heavy, medium, and light is not enough to spice up the game considering every ship class has access to the same modules in its tier. While each ship type should still fill the same general role, playing a ship type from one line should feel significantly different from the same ship type of another line and currently it does not due to the shared weapons/modules. Playing a Jupiter destroyer doesn't "feel" different enough from playing an Oberon destroyer except that I'm slower and meatier for example. Basically, the lack of game play diversity will kill long term interest in the game.

-Tighten up maneuvering. Not speed, just maneuvering. Overall, movement feels way to clunky and slow regardless of ship type or line, especially considering how quick engagements can occur. Also, reverse thrust turning is not inverted which is incredibly counter intuitive. If I am reverse thrusting and holding left I expect to swing to the right, not left.

-The UI needs quality-of-life adjustments. Ally and enemy team windows, clearer UI indication of targets that are in range of my selected weapon and ships that are the ongoing target of a secondary weapon, partial translucency of my ship model when targeting enemies/allies obscured by my ship model, and the ability to zoom in and out would all be very nice to see.

Sept. 14, 2017, 12:57 p.m.

Bonjour, j'aimerai bien tester ce jeux mais le lancher génère un erreur sous Windows 10 donc impossible de l'installer.

Sept. 14, 2017, 1:43 p.m.

Luapman#6392 posted (#post-143901)
-Tighten up maneuvering. Not speed, just maneuvering. Overall, movement feels way to clunky and slow regardless of ship type or line, especially considering how quick engagements can occur. Also, reverse thrust turning is not inverted which is incredibly counter intuitive. If I am reverse thrusting and holding left I expect to swing to the right, not left.

-The UI needs quality-of-life adjustments. Ally and enemy team windows, clearer UI indication of targets that are in range of my selected weapon and ships that are the ongoing target of a secondary weapon, partial translucency of my ship model when targeting enemies/allies obscured by my ship model, and the ability to zoom in and out would all be very nice to see.

yes, please

Sept. 15, 2017, 4:08 a.m.

Luapman#6392 posted (#post-143901)

-About reverse thrusting: ive never had an issue and you are not using ships with wheels either. Pressing D will make your nose move to the right side no matter what. Makes sense and feels smooth for me. Changing turning direction depending whenever i press backwards would be painful: add an extra movement to compensate (start turning left to keep turning right).

-Agree with the UI part. It takes me a while to realise the distance of targets and weapon range (considering you gotta figure that out in a fraction of a second).

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.