FORUMS

Looking for research / free xp explination

Posted: //
Sept. 6, 2017, 9:39 p.m.

I will go straight to the point.

Is it quicker to have just the ship you are looking to upgrade on your bar..

Or is it quicker to have that one ship and a bunch of dummy fully upgraded ships that share xp that is turned into free xp through GP.

I heard just having one ship on your bar gives 100% of that xp to that ship instead of sharing some of it to other ships.

Please please break this down for me.

PRAISE BUN BUN OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

Sept. 6, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

Sept. 6, 2017, 9:59 p.m.

If you can't understand what I am saying then obviously you have never paid to win.

Sept. 6, 2017, 10:06 p.m.

It's better to keep "fresh" ships in your fleet, with a Primary + 1 or 2 Secondary ships that you are using for grinding, and the other 2 or 3 ships being "Piggybackers" that you do not plan to actually use but can when are upgraded.

Overall try to have "synergy" when making a fleet, with a main+2nd that can cover mostly any battle needs.
*such as a DN, an Arty, and a healer TC.

The rest can be T2s and T3s fodder ships that passively gain Exp as you gain / use your choice of 4s.
(if a ship is "Maxed Out," there is little point to using it after that less no others on hand.)

Also for help, this post for advice on ship lines to pursue for best results.
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/67047/

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

Sept. 6, 2017, 10:08 p.m.

The "Other" idea is to have a full fleet of the same 4s in both Vet and Leg fleets, and spam the heck outta them.

Veteraned ships do give +10% overall, and the more you have "the more you get."

"Glory to the Truth, amen." (>_< '7

Sept. 6, 2017, 10:12 p.m.

The total exp you get per game won't change no matter how many ships you have on fleet.

Having only 1 ship on fleet will funnel all the exp to that ship, while having more means the exp is divided

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 6, 2017, 10:12 p.m.

Ok I did a few rounds as testing. So to add to that dreadge here is what I got

Just taking 2 games for example
Won both games
1st game a score of 986 and my only ship on the bar received 3844 xp
2nd game a score of 1198 and my main ship received 4232 xp, each sub ship received 584 xp.

So it would seem not only do you get 100% of the xp on your main, all sub ships receive additional xp that can be used for them or turned into free xp (if you have all ships maxed out or use hero ships).

Basically, if you purchase gold, this is the quickest way to gain free xp and spend it on the ship you are trying to research faster.

Sept. 7, 2017, 2:22 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 7, 2017, 2:23 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-140726)

The total exp you get per game won't change no matter how many ships you have on fleet.

Having only 1 ship on fleet will funnel all the exp to that ship, while having more means the exp is divided

That's completely incorrect.

When you finish a match every ship in your fleet gets the "match completed" bonus, this is the xp you see being gained by all the ships you haven't flown.

Then for any action you've done that earns xp, kills, events/ribbons etc, that xp goes to the ship you earned it on.

So running with one ship reduces your overall earnings, the other ships never take xp from your main ship but cause you to gain more xp overall.

Sept. 7, 2017, 4:39 a.m.

TheOneFinn#8886 posted (#post-140953)

So running with one ship reduces your overall earnings, the other ships never take xp from your main ship but cause you to gain more xp overall.

Please explain why I see 10k exp earned but only 7k go to my main ship then

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 7, 2017, 6:18 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-140984)

TheOneFinn#8886 posted (#post-140953)

Please explain why I see 10k exp earned but only 7k go to my main ship then

Because if you had only been running that one ship you would only have received 7k xp.

This has been confirmed by a DN_ on discord btw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.