FORUMS

Developer Update - September Megathread

Posted: //
Sept. 14, 2016, 11:01 a.m.

Good day, Captains!

To answer some of the questions you've had since the announcement of the team and squad size changes, here are some points to address your concerns:

1. The current changes are nothing that is set in stone forever. We will closely monitor the effects it has on the queue times, the quality of the matches being played and we are, of course, very interested in your feedback, once you've had a chance to get your hands on it and give it a good and thorough test drive.

2. We can neither deny nor cough confirm cough that we're working on making custom games happening. If or when they happen, they are going to offer a broad set of options to customize the game, including team and squad sizes.

3. We do have plans to bring competitive gameplay to Dreadnought. At this point we are not yet able to give you more specific information what form and shape this will take, though. We will definitely take your upcoming feedback about the new changes into account when designing this part of the game.

4. There are currently plans being developed for a clan system in Dreadnought that will offer more cooperative features and expand on the teamplay aspect of Dreadnought. But this is also in a state where we currently cannot share any specific information with you since parts of it have not yet been finally decided on and will depend on feedback from you, our community.

I hope this helps putting the recent announcement more into perspective and like always, let me know what you think smile

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Sept. 14, 2016, 11:33 a.m.

Will the 8vs8 increase gonna happen with the release of 2.0?

"The First Of His Name"

Sept. 14, 2016, 12:02 p.m.

These changes look fantastic, unfortunately I can't get my friends to come back to Dreadnought as long as the Tier system is still planned.

Can you let us know when the Tier decision gets reversed.

Sept. 14, 2016, 2:19 p.m.

NTDF-Gierling#4700 posted (#post-44408)

These changes look fantastic, unfortunately I can't get my friends to come back to Dreadnought as long as the Tier system is still planned.

Hey there Gierling, I'd really love to dive deeper into your comments about why the Tier system will be a detractor for you and your friends. While we are still developing and hashing out the systems, feedback is always welcome and we'd love to really get a deeper understanding of your thoughts on it.

Thanks!

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Sept. 14, 2016, 2:26 p.m.

As long as you're saying there will be a way to play with full squads of 5 or 8... that aren't just custom games. IE an actually hopper with matchmaking. I'm fine with whatever else you want to be your more casual mode. 3 man squads sound like a nice relaxed mode but I could never take it seriously as it's impossible to coordinate any decent teamwork amongst the other 5 members.

I'm looking forward to the 8 v 8 meta... that should be crazy.

Sept. 14, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

You will have to buff the ELITE STATUS than from 5% to 10% bonus. Because if a person with ELITE STATUS were to play with 4 other friends with ELITE STATUS you all would have the BONUS total of 70%. Now if you can only get the BONUSES from 2 people than your now down to 60% thus diminishing the value of ELITE STATUS

I would actually like to see the 5% BONUS added for every person on your team that has ELITE STATUS. This would make ELITE STATUS a lot more desirable. You would go from the 70% to 85% BONUS exp and FP, and that's only if your whole team had ELITE STATUS. So please do that.

Sept. 14, 2016, 7:32 p.m.

1. Team size of 8 sounds interesting but is hard to imagine without a rebalancing of both abilities and maps. Would hope for some objective based game modes soon to give all of those players some direction.

2. Squad size change is unexpected but then again you couldn't really let 8-man squads face randoms. Competitive game modes with fully premade teams should be offered though.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Sept. 14, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 14, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

DN_Dariuas#6010 posted (#post-44409)

NTDF-Gierling#4700 posted (#post-44408)

Hey there Gierling, I'd really love to dive deeper into your comments about why the Tier system will be a detractor for you and your friends. While we are still developing and hashing out the systems, feedback is always welcome and we'd love to really get a deeper understanding of your thoughts on it.

Thanks!

Dariuas, thank you for your interest. It bodes well that you are so engaged.

I am going to speak to the people I know who were very interested in Dreadnought and quit when the tier system was announced, I'm pretty sure I know what they are going to say but I want to get it absolutely right while I have your attention. I'll post back here after I get their explicit feedback on this topic.

Sept. 15, 2016, 1:44 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 15, 2016, 1:55 a.m.

@Adavanter

While I see where you come from, I think that right now it is more important that the game grows a solid player base before jumping the gun into competitive. Seal-clubbing of pugs by 5 man squads will undoubtedly be one the easiest way to lose a player base just by causing new players to rage-uninstall. I feel that there is a place for fully squaded up people to duke it out, but that should only occur against two teams that are squaded up as playing in a group of 5 players right now is the real ez mode against pugs and unless you run a troll comp, you will basically never lose.

While both of us want this game to succeed and have a large competitive element, first the game requires a solid amount of players. Otherwise it will never generate enough interest to make it as an e-sport. As it is most new players do not even stay long enough to figure out that corvs and tacs are not OP, let alone how to have a chance against a 5man squad.

(Thoughts of a mainly solo sometime duo queuer)

9th on August leaderboard.
3rd on September leaderboard.

Solo/duo queuer

Sept. 15, 2016, 1:52 a.m.

I said I'm totally fine with it so long as we get a competitive hopper later. It's just when this was initially announced it sounded like it would be the only choice going forward. They've since then clarified.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.