FORUMS

Ranked bot mode (training match): the answer to all problems?

Posted: //
Sept. 14, 2016, 8:17 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 14, 2016, 12:35 p.m.

Hello, it's me again. You may know me as the level 50 in the very tough Monarch.

I would like to suggest why a [ranked] bot mode would be most beneficial to our small community here on Dreadnought.

I believe that the following problems could be solved with the implementation of a ranked bot mode, known on Dreadnought as training match:

• Small player count and hideously long matchmaking waiting times. (I know it's BETA).
    Are you tired of waiting for a quarter of an hour to find a match? Then a ranked bot mode could be just what you need. Begin a battle instantly and earn FP and reputation points for doing so (though at some fraction of the amount) and then you could help solve the problem of the abysmal FP per amount of time playing (including time spent waiting for a match).

Many would however argue that the training mode is simply not the same; the enemies are easier, you can't communicate with your team (or choose their ships, which should be implemented), and the bots are just not the same as actual players and present very little challenge. I would agree but then again, maybe it's better than getting slaughtered by level 50s, right? I recognize the challenges of programming A.I but I think you could solve the issues by allowing players control over how many enemies there are, how many allies there are, the difficulty and the ships they use (maybe even modules and officer briefings).

I think that my points above should be sufficient, for now, but I would very much like to know where you stand with this.

I'll be around to answer any questions, and of course, read your responses and ideas too.

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

Sept. 15, 2016, 2:22 p.m.

could not agree more.

the game needs pve content that offers reasonable rewards for the time invested.
adjustable difficulty settings would be nice.

from my perspective and from what i gathered, the frustration level keeps rising for new players, and this should be adressed rather sooner then later, to avoid possibly losing potential players to ragequit/uninstall.

Sept. 16, 2016, 11:42 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

I agree with both those opinions, some pve could bring different players in.
The matches idea is good.
I'll also suggest a virtual world and finding or bidding or getting missions to hunt NPC for bountys maybe player's ships can see each other but do no damage, yet a lot of NPC ships outside safe zone that need shootin'.

Sept. 16, 2016, 12:08 p.m.

Ranked Co-op mode would go a long way to keeping players here, as a new player i have given up playing, being on the wrong end of a seal cubing is not fun and i have gone off to World of Warships where i can play have fun level up slowly and enjoy the game... have heard there a space battle game coming out soon that has a co-op play in it and will be looking at it... if you like to look into it look up The Mighty Jiggles on youtube

Stay confused, saves time

Sept. 17, 2016, 4:22 p.m.

Aye. Something like this would be good.

Sept. 18, 2016, 1:03 p.m.

+1

The reason I don't play anymore (since around 3-4 months), is because the waiting times are HORRIBLE. Just waiting for the PvE part of the game.ö

Sept. 18, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

My average waiting time is 5 minutes. During the day it is usually 2 minutes and the longest I have waited is 14 minutes. Perhaps I am getting lucky? Or maybe several new players have arrived on the scene.

As for the discussion. I would love to see coop/solo pve matches.

Sept. 18, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

Max_Rickson#5893 posted (#post-44474)

I agree with both those opinions, some pve could bring different players in.
The matches idea is good.
I'll also suggest a virtual world and finding or bidding or getting missions to hunt NPC for bountys maybe player's ships can see each other but do no damage, yet a lot of NPC ships outside safe zone that need shootin'.

That sounds good to me. Thanks for the input.

Sept. 19, 2016, 9:53 a.m.

It would be pretty cool if it is not just farming ships. I would like to fight some big bosses with teamwork, or like attacking a base with minions and NPC defender turrets. Alone the queue times for me is like 8 minutes , but in a team it's way too long.
A PvE mode would be nice for big squad, which don't find matches, or if you could start a game by yourself with bots as allies and others could join during the game and replace the bots. Or if you could play a big ship together.

Sept. 20, 2016, 2:34 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 20, 2016, 2:36 a.m.

As I said earlier in our discussion in Game, I'd rather see a fleshed out PvE mode, with missions etc. rather than a random match against bots just because The wait time is long in beta. What I mean by that is I Want The devs to keep developing The Game and not add features for a beta, essentially wasting their time.

I know its frustrating right now, but we gotta deal with it.
Also, 2.0 is coming out this month, so lets just see how This goes

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.