FORUMS

Need Pointers For A Noob Just Starting Out

Posted: //
Sept. 15, 2016, 7:33 a.m.

im DLing the client as i type this. any pointers for a new player would be great. keep in mind im an avid world of warships player!!

Sept. 15, 2016, 7:48 a.m.

Sept. 15, 2016, 4:53 p.m.

Stay close to other ships and use cover as much as you can. Don't wait to pop your shield when your about to die because it only reduces dmg(except vettes). Use F to mark enemies or give small commands and the rest you'll pick up on as you go. I apologize ahead of time though that ATM matchmaking won't be completely fair for you'll see others with better utilities until they wipe the ranks sometime this month.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 17, 2016, 4:53 a.m.

Don't be afraid of using training matches to test out new ships, builds and abilities that you purchase before using thtem. It is the best tutorial the game has got...

9th on August leaderboard.
3rd on September leaderboard.

Solo/duo queuer

Sept. 24, 2016, 12:12 p.m.

Thanks for the input..I just got a key today.......Learning fast but maybe joining a group would speed up my learning curve ?

Oct. 21, 2016, 5:24 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 21, 2016, 5:25 a.m.

The biggest thing for me so far also being in the noob boat was changing my keybindings.

I don't use the energy wheel its too clunky and slow for my tastes.

I use shift for speed up, ctrl for going down, c for shield boost, middle mouse button for weapon boost, and E for cancel boosts.

Also Danman what region you play WoWs? How bout the British invasion eh?

Oct. 21, 2016, 11:49 a.m.

Speccu#9650 posted (#post-50405)

The biggest thing for me so far also being in the noob boat was changing my keybindings.

I use shift for speed up, ctrl for going down, c for shield boost, middle mouse button for weapon boost, and E for cancel boosts.

By default except the energy wheel,you can use F1-F4 for energy management.

"The First Of His Name"

Oct. 21, 2016, 11:47 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-50435)

Speccu#9650 posted (#post-50405)

By default except the energy wheel,you can use F1-F4 for energy management.

True, but I found them a bit cumbersome to reach :p

kinda wish there was a way to do minor strafing adjustements in movement, not for like dodging but for positioning.

Oct. 22, 2016, 1:20 p.m.

Icuurd's Tip Thread is a good place to start. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.