FORUMS

Feedback - I just threw some money at this game

Posted: //
Sept. 12, 2017, 9:58 a.m.

omg the salt in this thread <3 delicious <3

First off, since Legendary is dead

You see it every game -- the first tryhards who grind their way to max in alpha suddenly think the game is perfectly balanced as long as they get to keep fighting people who are significantly undergeared than they are. See all the threads where they try to straight faced argued t2 vs t4 is ok, corvettes are ok, etc. They are simply scrubs who want to club seals, nothing more, and they should be ignored as such.

I just started playing late February. Then my daughter was born in March and I had to go back to finish off my military service. I've got about 3-4 months in the game. L2P, git gud scrub.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't particularly care what they do. I can win regardless (seriously, google my name kids). But its bad for the noob experience and is harmful for meaningful balance discussion (no, t2 v t4 is not ok, regardless of how much fun it is for you to beat Playstation noobs to death with one hand). As for the shittalk, the reason it keeps coming up...they keep bringing it up. See OP.

Put a T1 in your recruit fleet, it won't match you against T3-4s. What do you want us to do? Just quit and lose our BB or stop playing when we see T2-3s in a match? I always post in game chat letting them know to put a T1 in their recruit fleet. Some of the T2s have told me they que veteran for more exp. So whatever, they're fair game.

Going into veteran matches with fully decked out tier 4s seems like a waste of time to me, but if you don't need to unlock anything on tier 3s then it makes sense to get whatever XP you can.

We don't have a choice. Some of us are waiting on T5 matches. I'm currently playing the last of my T4s that I need to research, which I won't make any friends with. The Valcour and the Stribog, lol... Along with the Med Dread and the murometz.

Sept. 12, 2017, 10:08 a.m.

DJHedgehog#5580 posted (#post-143093)
Saying SOS is trash is inaccurate. The overwhelming majority of players from that clan end up in the top spots for their team in every match I play.

Probably true, yet they also have a massive gear advantage/platoon advantage. Take away that and they are just average gamers who got into the game earlier. This isn't really an indictment of them personally btw, its common for people in games to confuse "grinding and getting better gear" with "getting good." The reality is most top tier players are not any better than lowbies, they just have better stuff.

Sept. 12, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 12, 2017, 10:21 a.m.

SOS-GrimmHammer#8972 posted (#post-142595)

A complete asinine opinion of our clan, based on the fact that you got your a** whipped? ... But to completely rag on a entire clan because you got rolled on, is a bit weak minded.

Yeah, that's it. If only I had a tier 4...and if only I could win despite you having a full platoon, 2x as many 4s, and more players on your team. God I hate getting rolled by your eliteness.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thbxieh6j192kqo/4565468703%20%282%29.bmp?dl=0

Or you can learn its not about you. Or me, for that matter. Besides, assuming the MM changes go in as described maybe the problem will be fixed. You will still be high tiers platooning against random stocks, but I guess that's less griefing than bad game design.

Sept. 12, 2017, 10:45 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 12, 2017, 10:45 a.m.

I'm at a loss for what exactly the point or goal is you're vying for. Are you asking them to play with sub-optimal ships? Not play as a squad? Game blindfolded? Seriously, you haven't made any viable point other than to b%tch about people playing with their fleet with their friends. Their ships are geared because they've played longer, and then what? That's like b%tching someone with twenty years experience makes more than a fresh grad. This is just four pages of whining that people are doing things that they do.

Sept. 12, 2017, 10:49 a.m.

Garbad#1956 posted [(#post-143114)]
Probably true, yet they also have a massive gear advantage/platoon advantage. Take away that and they are just average gamers who got into the game earlier. This isn't really an indictment of them personally btw, its common for people in games to confuse "grinding and getting better gear" with "getting good." The reality is most top tier players are not any better than lowbies, they just have better stuff.

Most top tier players are better because they have better stuff AND have more experience. Durrrr

Sept. 12, 2017, 12:24 p.m.

Sonatine#7510 posted (#post-143126)

I'm at a loss for what exactly the point or goal is you're vying for. Are you asking them to play with sub-optimal ships? Not play as a squad? Game blindfolded? Seriously, you haven't made any viable point other than to b%tch about people playing with their fleet with their friends. Their ships are geared because they've played longer, and then what? That's like b%tching someone with twenty years experience makes more than a fresh grad. This is just four pages of whining that people are doing things that they do.

Except grads don't get 15k more HP. That changes everything. At that point, its grind, not skill, and thus, shouldn't exist.

Sept. 12, 2017, 12:55 p.m.

Garbad#1956 posted (#post-143139)
Except grads don't get 15k more HP. That changes everything. At that point, its grind, not skill, and thus, shouldn't exist.

So direct your ire at the devs, not at the players just working within the system, instead by throwing money at them you've implictly given your support exactly for this sytem

Sept. 12, 2017, 6:18 p.m.

TheOneFinn#8886 posted (#post-143149)

Garbad#1956 posted (#post-143139)

So direct your ire at the devs, not at the players just working within the system, instead by throwing money at them you've implictly given your support exactly for this sytem

I specifically said I was giving money to the devs BECAUSE they are fixing the system. Then some SOS pubbie jumped into the thread to complain about his hurt feels.

Sept. 12, 2017, 6:37 p.m.

Sept. 13, 2017, 7:01 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 13, 2017, 7:02 a.m.

Garbad#1956 posted (#post-143262)

I specifically said I was giving money to the devs BECAUSE they are fixing the system. Then some SOS pubbie jumped into the thread to complain about his hurt feels.

Interestingly enough, after all this time, you have still been unable to use your brain correctly. My feelings are not hurt, I just said that I hope there are not more people like you because of your vulgar language and insults for no good reasons.

But judging by your way of reasoning, it doesn't really matter what I say, you'll still live in your own salty world.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.