FORUMS

More WoT Themed Changes

Posted: //
Sept. 16, 2017, 7:16 a.m.

So, instead of doing what players want you to do, by telling you to make a unique progression and ship system, you instead continue to clone the WoT model even more?

Yeah, i'm unsubscribing from that mailing list as i have no lost all hope of this game becoming fun to play again

Sept. 16, 2017, 3:18 p.m.

Reality is wot progression is a good proven system to this day wot is going strong you are probly in the minority thinking that a wot based progression system is wrong

Sept. 16, 2017, 4:02 p.m.

Wouldn't have minded the old build that was a straight leveling progression with ships unlocked by level. Thought it was going to go use prestige progression but hit Tier based instead. Takes a bit to get use to atleast it did for me since I've never touched any Tier game before.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 16, 2017, 6:11 p.m.

Ive never played wot or any other games like it except dreadnought, but i dont mind the tier system at all. Admittedly ive only been playing dreadnought for about 3-4weeks now so i dont know what the system was like before adopting its current system.

Sept. 16, 2017, 7 p.m.

NightShade#3126 posted (#post-144768)

Ive never played wot or any other games like it except dreadnought, but i dont mind the tier system at all. Admittedly ive only been playing dreadnought for about 3-4weeks now so i dont know what the system was like before adopting its current system.

It was simple ranking system that went from 1-50 and there was only about 15 ships. Every class had 3 which where light, medium, or heavy. A lot of the ships now are basically different cosmetic changes and of course tweaked stats as they rise in Tier.

You unlocked the ability to purchase a good portion of medium grade ships at like rank 13-15 or so and the hard hitting heavy ships around rank 33+. Modules and briefings where spread across all 50 ranks and the biggest modules(purge modules) basically unlocked around rank 40+. You had to purchase all of these things with ingame credits you earned through matches and it was quite easy. Before I found out of the Tier patch I was assuming they would implement prestige like how cod has it.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 17, 2017, 1:43 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 17, 2017, 1:47 p.m.

Hi! I decided to peek back in and see if they've decided to un-ruin the game yet. Looks like no.

RoyalWallace#5774 posted (#post-144704)

Reality is wot progression is a good proven system to this day wot is going strong you are probly in the minority thinking that a wot based progression system is wrong

Reality is that the WoT model has been proven time and again to NOT work, and that it was only GOTTEN AWAY WITH in that game because of extenuating circumstances which Dreadnought doesn't have any way to reproduce. Nothing about WoT's success (which has been limited by the model, and which even its own devs have openly admitted was limited by their model) reflects on the model itself being any good. It's the exception that proves the rule. And the rule is that most games aping their model fail, and fail HARD.

1. WoT was basically the first game in its genre. It got a lot of attention for being unique, allowing people to forgive/overlook the poor model until they were already invested, and the competition didn't show up until too late to capitalise on "we have a better model than WoT" because people had already gotten invested. Dreadnought can't do this, because Fractured Space already exists. Also Galactic Junk League, and several other games with less incompetently-designed pricing models.
  2. A super-important point - WoT has actual variety in the different tiers. It's not a linear "better i almost every way except a tiny bit slower" progression. And it's not as harsh a jump between tiers, in part BECAUSE it's not a direct linear "scale everything up" process. Dreadnoughts tiers are literally T5 is better at everything than T4, which is basically the level all the ships were at when the game was good, and T4 is better than T3 at literally everything, and so on down the list to T1 which is an unfinished junk heap masquerading as a spaceship.
  3. There's real-world history and long-running established background on all the vehicles in WoT, making their semi-realistic portrayal of varied real-world vehicles a valid justification for having a tier system. Dreadnought is making things up, and STILL managed to get the progression process wrong-er than WoT when they had justification to do it wrong.

It is, unfortunately, objective fact that this game was better in alpha and closed beta than it has been since the faillure that was the progression 2.0 update. This change literally got announced in advance, had everything about it shot to pieces, then happened anyway in spite of being definitively proven to be a bad idea.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Sept. 17, 2017, 5:20 p.m.

So long as they don't introduce OP premium ammo, favor Russian ships, and then make all armor besides Russian useless with free OP premium ammo.

I think if they want to introduce store items, skins are covered already so maybe unique voice options for the crew like the enterprise (I know copyright) and make them unique.

Sept. 17, 2017, 5:52 p.m.

I signed up because this game seemed more fun than Fractured Space but after reading about things like this I'm not so sure now. I'll still give it a try because the download is almost finished but man, WoT was not fun because of the lame tech tree so seeing it basically cloned here does not give me much hope of this being an enjoyable experience.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.