FORUMS

Pilot Levels - What's the Point?

Posted: //
Sept. 21, 2017, 8:04 p.m.

What exactly is the purpose of ranking up the pilots? To me the pilots seem just superficial and don't serve any real purpose to the game... It's strange that they even show up in the final score screen after game, considering everyone looks pretty much the same. It's like a half-baked Bethesda/generic MMO game character creator that doesn't really add value to the gameplay.

I think I currently am at rank 25 (Bannerman II)? and I don't see any career progression unlocks for leveling up, or any ship benefits for leveling up - so what's the deal? Is it for matchmaking purposes?

Sept. 21, 2017, 8:09 p.m.

iareConfusE#4351 posted (#post-146294)

What exactly is the purpose of ranking up the pilots? To me the pilots seem just superficial and don't serve any real purpose to the game... It's strange that they even show up in the final score screen after game, considering everyone looks pretty much the same. It's like a half-baked Bethesda/generic MMO game character creator that doesn't really add value to the gameplay.

I think I currently am at rank 25 (Bannerman II)? and I don't see any career progression unlocks for leveling up, or any ship benefits for leveling up - so what's the deal? Is it for matchmaking purposes?

It was useful once, and might be useful later. So currently, it serves no purpose, besides beeing the only way to somewhat judge other players experience in a match.

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 21, 2017, 8:38 p.m.

The tier system replaced their usefulness. No clue.

Sept. 21, 2017, 8:54 p.m.

Wow so it's just a vestigial component of the game that once was... Time for a cleanup?

Sept. 21, 2017, 8:58 p.m.

iareConfusE#4351 posted (#post-146300)

Wow so it's just a vestigial component of the game that once was... Time for a cleanup?

It might get a new use. Keep the old "dont touch a running system" in mind.

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 21, 2017, 10:14 p.m.

iareConfusE#4351 posted (#post-146300)

It's that painful to see a number slowly rise?

Sept. 22, 2017, 4:28 a.m.

I really wish after lvl 50 or 55, what ever it is. They went to a number system. Make the EXP the same as it is for the last lvl and just keep it going up from 1 to 1000 or something. Really show people who've been playing for a while.

Sept. 22, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

I saw a player on the pc version with a really kickass outfit today. Had the full pilots headgear and mask, unique outfit and colour. Is that due to levelling up pilot?

Sept. 22, 2017, 9:07 a.m.

invisible_insect#9638 posted (#post-146425)

I saw a player on the pc version with a really kickass outfit today. Had the full pilots headgear and mask, unique outfit and colour. Is that due to levelling up pilot?

Nope, just money.

That would be a decent use of the leveling system however, add some degree of cosmetic unlocks as your captain gains levels in addition to the existing cosmetics.

Sept. 22, 2017, 9:40 a.m.

invisible_insect#9638 posted (#post-146425)

No, from time to time they added outfits to the cash shop. Yeah they server no purpose at all. I thought the rank might have had something to do with match making, but it seems it dose not.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.