FORUMS

Artillary cruisers need a few changes.

Posted: //
Sept. 21, 2017, 9:34 p.m.

I feel like the light and heavy artillery cruisers are far inferior to the medium. The light, medium, and heavy concept needs revision for the artillery class. The medium(Acula Vector) has much more health than the heavy(Jupiter Arms) and has an incredible small hitbox while the heavy only has a slight damage edge on the medium, but that's ONLY if you manage to hit it with the whole burst.

Take a good look at the ingame stats and you'll see what I mean.

Sept. 22, 2017, 2:56 a.m.

I agree that the light artillery cruiser is completely garbage and that the heavy one lloses most duels with its medium counterpart.

The heavy AC is very useful against larger ships and for killing healers (one shotting T4 healers that use beam amplifier), so its balanced, it only serves a slightly different purpose on battlefield.

Sept. 22, 2017, 6:37 a.m.

yeah medium arts hit box is very buggy. Even when its dead in your sights you miss.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 22, 2017, 7:03 a.m.

Light arty may be meant to shoot while moving, but it's damage is too weak to be effective. Maybe lower the cartridge to 5 shots and double the damage instead

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 22, 2017, 1:24 p.m.

I think the Oberon art-cruiser is fine. It's 10x more maneuverable than the other two ships, has a 360 degree firing arc, and can apply sustained damage to any target. You should be shooting while moving with this ship, it is not much of a sniper style ship at all. If you sit in a spot and try to duel a Ballista/Vulcari, then you will most definitely lose. Use it to harass corvettes, and apply extra constant DPS to your team's primary target.

The only change I think it needs is to be able to fire as fast as you can click since alpha damage is absent. I often find myself clicking twice as fast as the ship can fire which is a lot of clicks and gets tiresome. Not full automatic, that's a little too easy. Another idea would be to fire one shot on downclick and another on the upclick. 5 clicks total to fire off a magazine.

Sept. 22, 2017, 2:11 p.m.

iareConfusE#4351 posted (#post-146447)

I think the Oberon art-cruiser is fine. It's 10x more maneuverable than the other two ships, has a 360 degree firing arc, and can apply sustained damage to any target. You should be shooting while moving with this ship, it is not much of a sniper style ship at all. If you sit in a spot and try to duel a Ballista/Vulcari, then you will most definitely lose. Use it to harass corvettes, and apply extra constant DPS to your team's primary target.

Nope, it is not fine. The Nox is not competitive in its tier. Maybe it is in T2/T3 but in a pure T4 match it would be almost as useful as a Koshei trying to score kills.
There is like one good Nox player in the entire game, a few OKish ones and i wonder if anyone ever scored more than 15 kills per match with the nox.

Sept. 29, 2017, 1:08 p.m.

Except for light destroyers, the light version of all classes suffer the same problem of being under powered offensively and defensively after T3 because they're all relatively fast moving, low endurance ships with rapid fire, low damage main weapons. The only reason to get them are for the Captains Briefings.

Lost but making good time.

Sept. 29, 2017, 5:04 p.m.

Muro is OP fast agile hits hard and has the hitbox of a small child while also having more hp than the other two.

Onager the supposed heavy AC is fat slow and has less hp than the medium so much for trade offs eh. It does hit dam hard though.

Nox is utter garbage and is going to kill your mouse. Gun struggles vs wet paper you are squishy as h.e.l.l and the philosophy of ships being slower as you go up the tiers really hurts it.
Only good thing I have to say about the Nox is it looks cool.

Muro needs a nerf Nox needs a lot of loving and the Onager is actually in a good place.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Sept. 29, 2017, 7:27 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 30, 2017, 8:43 a.m.

Larry Skywalker#0737 posted (#post-148491)

Except for light destroyers, the light version of all classes suffer the same problem of being under powered offensively and defensively after T3

So much bullshit.
Lorica is incredibly potent dreadnought, Valcour is THE best vette all-around.

Although, on topic I totally agree, that Nox needs a damage buff - triple the damage of shots, reduce mazine size to 5, increase magazine reload time, so the dps would still be lower than classic arties.

On Onager and Muro - with hitbox and speed like that Muro should have like 14k hp MAX. And damage reduced by 5-7% probably.
And Onager - 20k hp with the same damage.

And Ballista should have irs ptw damage reduced.

"Hang in there!" (™)

Sept. 29, 2017, 9:14 p.m.

I think arty cruiser could use a small, maybe a 2.5%-4.5% increase in overall DPS, just remember, arty is for support, not front line offense, thats what destroyers and dreads are for. also, a few more hit points couldnt hurt, other than that, they are fine ships if you know how to play them, i have a max kill of 13 kills in my t3 oberon. in a single match.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.