FORUMS

Minimap

Posted: //
Sept. 25, 2017, 2:34 a.m.

Is there a reason why the mini map only shows ships the way you are looking? I find it extremely frustrating that I can't see my own fleet, and any spotted enemy ship within range. The mini map should give you a fairly accurate display of what is going on around you so you can react to it.

I don't know how many times I have run into the enemy fleet in my heal support cruiser while I was looking for my fleet after a respawn, or how many times a corvette has snuck up and killed me because I didn't see it. I know you say I should be tracking it, but with so much going on in this game, I can't visually track every ship in the battle. An icon in the mini map when they are spotted would go a long way towards not getting insta-deleted by them.

I'm sure space ships have some sort of sensor array that can light up all the known enemy ships around them.

Sept. 25, 2017, 3:20 a.m.

The minimap actually shows you ships that you AND your allies can see, but you also need to be able to see your allies to share their vision. It's kinda weird but it's does work

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 25, 2017, 10:24 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 25, 2017, 10:24 a.m.

The minimap sucks. It needs to show the entire arena at all times, it can keep the same spotting rules.

That you can only see in a 5km circle around you in a SPACESHIP is a joke.

Sept. 25, 2017, 10:29 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-147317)

The minimap actually shows you ships that you AND your allies can see, but you also need to be able to see your allies to share their vision. It's kinda weird but it's does work

That might be how it is supposed to work but it certainly doesn't.
The amount of times i look at my map and it is blank i spin the camera and voila whole fleet appears behind me.
DN know the mini map is garbage and we will get something better soon just a question of when.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Sept. 25, 2017, 11:06 a.m.

SOS-Lupus_Vindice#0974 posted (#post-147522)

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-147317)

The amount of times i look at my map and it is blank i spin the camera and voila whole fleet appears behind me.
DN know the mini map is garbage and we will get something better soon just a question of when.

yeah, yet people say to use it to spot corvettes.....

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Sept. 26, 2017, 12:24 a.m.

Ed_Anger#9258 posted (#post-147518)

The minimap sucks. It needs to show the entire arena at all times, it can keep the same spotting rules.

That you can only see in a 5km circle around you in a SPACESHIP is a joke.

You can actually see about 10km around you on minimap, the white cone (vision area) is 5km though. But like I said, you can only see ships in your line of sight, so with a lot of obstacles you don't see much

SOS-Lupus_Vindice#0974 posted (#post-147522)

Yeah the minimap doesn't get refreshed correctly when you spawn, that's why I always spin the camera a bit when I spawn to refresh it

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 28, 2017, 12:45 p.m.

mini map definitely needs to be bigger and more visible. situation awareness is important.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.