If your Dreadnought Launcher is showing up as black with only the menu options and no "Play Dreadnought" button, there are some steps that we've found resolve the issue.
1st: If you have Windows 10, please make sure you have updated and installed all recommended and optional updates for your system. For more information about Updating Windows 10, please visit this Microsoft KB: How to use Windows Update in Windows 10
2nd: Close the launcher, end the task in the task manager, and re-open the launcher.
3rd: Please attempt to run the game as an administrator by following the instructions provided below:
- Navigate to the program folder of the program you want to run. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grey Box\Dreadnought-
- Right-click the program icon (the file labeled "DreadnoughtLauncher.exe").
- Choose Run As Administrator. If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.
4th: If that doesn't work, you can try to run from the .bat file as a administrator. Please note that if this is the first time you are launching the game, the .bat file will not exist, as it is created the first time you successfully launch the game. Please also keep in mind that bypassing the launcher skips the update process. If you receive a "server unavailable" error when launching from the bat file, please launch using the launcher to make sure your game is up to date with the current version.
- Navigate to the Dreadgame folder in Dreadnought program folder. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grey Box\Dreadnought\DreadGame
- Right-click the program icon (the file labeled Run_MmogBrain.bat)
- Choose Run As Administrator. If you see a user account control prompt, accept it.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please note any changes that you notice and let us know by submitting a Support Ticket Here: https://www.greybox.com/en/support/contact/
Please include the following in your support request:
Follow these steps to gather your Game Logs:
- Visit this file path (modify the user name to the account you're using and make sure the drive letter is correct): C:\Users\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved
- Right-click the "Logs" folder, select "Send To," and choose "compressed (zipped) folder."
- Attach the compressed file to your response.
and lastly, we'll need to gather a file associated with the Dreadnought Launcher. Please see the instructions below to gather your host.developer file.
- Navigate to the Dreadnought Install Directory. ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Grey Box\Dreadnought\")
- Right Click DreadnoughtLauncher.exe
- Click Create Shortcut
- Right click the newly created shortcut and select Properties
- In the "Target" field will be a file path ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Grey Box\Dreadnought\DreadnoughtLauncher.exe")
- After .EXE place a space and add /Debug (...\Dreadnought\DreadnoughtLauncher.exe" /debug)
- Click Apply and Close the Properties
- Run the newly created shortcut
- A new file has been created in the Dreadnought Install Directory called host.developer.
- Please, include this host.developer file within your response.
Once you've attached these 4 files, please send in your support ticket so we can investigate further.