FORUMS

Thoughts/Feedback on current build

Posted: //
Sept. 29, 2017, 12:09 p.m.

Thoughts on current build

Firstly, I’d just like to say thanks to the devs for the Invader skin, it looks fantastic and is a welcome addition to the coating even for backers with the other coatings. And thank you for the new molten lava map, it’s got some crazy terrain detail.

Still getting the 'You left game room' bug, submitted a bug report in-game earlier immediately after it occurred (once).

I had a contract to finish by playing one more team elimination match.... after waiting for 22 minutes on Veteran fleet for a team Elim match I gave up waiting and re-rolled the contract.
IMHO opinion, Elim is the worst game mode, mainly because it takes the longest to run though a game when compared to any other game mode.
Now Elim has been removed from the 'Any' game mode rotation I’m guessing there's no one playing it hence having to wait for over 22 mins for a match? But the patch notes mentioned that if you were waiting long enough a game mode would start and be populated with AI? Not seen that happen.

Notes on match making vs other players.

Matchmaking has improved, but my personal feeling is there are still issues. The Veteran matches now seem allot more balanced with players of the same rank and similar ship tech level.
Previously I (level 21) would have been matched against triple X players on the enemy team in T4 ships regularly, there are now few to no triple X players in Veteran matches, which is great, because those guys can rip you a new bunghole faster than you can click your fingers most of the time.

Legendary on the other hand is now too difficult.

All the triple X guys and gals seem to have been banished to Legendary fleets in their T4 but mainly T5 ships, with such a high concentration of the highest level most experienced players in Legendary, even on a winning team, my score is so low its actually better for me to play another Veteran match whilst the battle bonus is on cool down. I get spanked so hard in my recently unlocked T4 in Legendary fleets that it’s both lowering my K/D ratio, average score and as I mentioned above I'm earning less research/credits/free xp than playing a Veteran match in cool down.

Must be great for the Legendary triple X guys when a noob like me joins their match and gets roflstomped.

So again, devs, thanks for your continued work on the game, please fix lower rank players being matched against triple X guys in Legendary fleets.

Ebs

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Sept. 30, 2017, 10:47 a.m.

Just a quick update, after playing about 10 games yesterday evening, half of which with a friend in squad, I ran across the same matchmaking issue on Veteran (not Legendary) which I used to get every game, pre-last-update.

I was the highest rank player on our team at level 21, the enemy team had three triple X players and again just walked all over us. smile

So although the old matchmaking issue of being matched against a much higher rank team in Veteran mode is less common than it was, it’s obviously still present.

On a side note, I'd like to point out that I've introduced four other people to the game, they play regularly in my squad (why can't we have more than a squad of three people?). This old matchmaking bug(?) on Veteran effectively made one of them stop playing because we were, during the previous game version, constantly matched against higher rank players, which made the game play too difficult.

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Sept. 30, 2017, 10:58 a.m.

'Eezer Goode 'Eezer Goode He's Ebeneezer Goode
He's Ebeneezer Goode

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Sept. 30, 2017, 11:18 a.m.

Yep, that's me, and where the name comes from (showing my age), given up on the Vera's now...

Sept. 30, 2017, 1:05 p.m.

The issue you see is that the matchmaker exclusively matches squads against squads, so if there is no squad in your skill-range, you will get matched against a better, and maybe even better equipped, squad. So the sad truth is that the moment you almost exclusively get matched against better players while beeing in a squad, you should disband the squad.

Recruit Engineer

Sept. 30, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

That would explain the fleet composition behavior we encountered before the last patch.

As I said earlier, the enemy team composition does seem more balanced now since the patch, but my friends in my squad are all lower rank/level then myself and do not have T4 ships yet, so putting them up against triple X players is unfair and disappointing.

Will test further and report back. Thanks

Oct. 1, 2017, 5:16 a.m.

Ebeneezer#1974 posted (#post-148653)

That would explain the fleet composition behavior we encountered before the last patch.

As I said earlier, the enemy team composition does seem more balanced now since the patch, but my friends in my squad are all lower rank/level then myself and do not have T4 ships yet, so putting them up against triple X players is unfair and disappointing.

Will test further and report back. Thanks

Don't squad up when you are low level, unless it is in Recruit bracket. Most squads are either real life friends (like you) or organized experienced people from discord.

Also even 3 X players need to level up their T3 or T4 so you can't prevent them from veteran bracket. I earned 2 X myself and I'm not even half way through leveling all the ships

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.