FORUMS

Is there something wrong with Onslaught scoring?

Posted: //
Sept. 29, 2017, 11:44 p.m.

This is just me speculation, it might be nothing.

https://puu.sh/xMiRL/029e03c93d.jpg

So I have a couple of onslaught game where my team did very well, no one feed, we kill enemies, both team kill command ship at the same time. And then we lose, by a big margin (not the above, but there are games we lost for more than 1k3 points), and not even by the last command ship race.

I just took an example in the picture, you can see my team have much greater scores than opponent's, but we lost.

Is there any explanation for that?

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Sept. 30, 2017, 12:09 a.m.

Yep - seen that happen after the update. The good thing is, I was on the winning side which did squat all.

Sept. 30, 2017, 1:36 a.m.

I thought it was just in my head. Aside from taking out the Command ship (which both sides did with no irregularities) the k/d ratio on paper looked like it was in our favor. But we still lost by a similar difference to the score you showed.

Sept. 30, 2017, 8:06 a.m.

Just played another onslaught game in legendary - the ship score was pretty even, but we won 5000-3500. I mean maybe it's just a a trick to screw SOS peeps, which would make me happy, because sos were on the losing side smile

Sept. 30, 2017, 9:44 a.m.

Same, just played 4 OS games and the scores did not make any sense, we lost or won by a big margin even though leaderboard scores did not reflect this.

Sept. 30, 2017, 10:27 a.m.

sigh dont you guys ever realise the obvious smile

in onslaught the MATCH score goes up based on ship/fighter/command ship kills
however the PLAYER score goes up based on participating in these kills

say 2 people both shoot at a command ship > both will likely get full score for this, but the match score only goes up once
same goes for captain kills etc, also you get 500 match score for killing a command ship, you only get arround 320? personal score for doing so.

in 1.9 they 'might' have messed player scoring a bit, but the match scoring is the same. so you're just wrong and there's no problem with the scoreboard smile

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

Sept. 30, 2017, 10:57 a.m.

Thanks Fleet Admiral Obvious, the people posting didn't even think about this possibility. Definitely did not.

But humor the possibility that people ARE aware of how scoring works. And that in light of this, the score differential, k/d ratios, as well as...you know, having actually PLAYED in the game, might notice something off about the resultant score. Maybe it's nothing, and maybe it's exactly as you've described it. But in multiple games now, the scoring felt off where it didn't before.

Sept. 30, 2017, 11:01 a.m.

Myself and a friend in squad were baffled by an Onslaught match last night.

I don't have any evidence of this, as we were concentrating on playing the game, so this is as yet unsubstantiated....

Our teams score was ahead of the enemy team and we were doing well, few friendly losses and scoring points by eliminating AI ships.
Suddenly the game just ended in a defeat, almost as if the enemy team had suddenly scored many thousands of points out of nowhere. Their leap ahead in points was more than that of a single command ship kill and seemed to be inexplicable.

Have not reported this as a bug or possible issue as have not been able to replicate/seen the same issue occur despite having played many Onslaught matches last night.

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Sept. 30, 2017, 11:04 a.m.

Had a fair few similar games it does seriously feel off when you see the score sheet but they must have killed a lot more AI. While you guys got more players kills and thus more ribbons boosting your personal scores.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

Sept. 30, 2017, 12:11 p.m.

SOS-Lupus_Vindice#0974 posted (#post-148618)

Had a fair few similar games it does seriously feel off when you see the score sheet but they must have killed a lot more AI. While you guys got more players kills and thus more ribbons boosting your personal scores.

In the picture, they have 5 kills, we have 17 kills. Each kill grant 100 points, that means we have at least 1200 points over. Each assault ship grants 30 points. Are you seriously thinking they have 40-60 more assault ships (account for the score difference) killed when we are running them over like that?

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.