FORUMS

Koschei confusion

Posted: //
Oct. 11, 2017, 12:06 p.m.

Hay all,

From my own experience I’ve come to realise that none of the OEM modules on any of the T4 ships I’ve unlocked (Vigo, Jutland, Lorica & Koschei) either work for me or make the initial unlock of a T4 ship enjoyable to play. I’ve said this in previous posts on the forums, I often feel the initial unlock of T4s to be a downgrade of their T3 counterparts, that is until you get some decent modules unlocked down the T4 tree, then the ships become a lot more enjoyable to play.

So it should come as no surprise then that after 10 or so matches in the newly unlocked Koschei the experience of flying the ship has been terrible. 😉

I didn’t anticipate that not being able to do any damage to anything within a 700 meter range would be such a pain, I understood what I was getting into with the Koschei’s main weapon not being able to damage enemy ships, but combined with what appears to be a lower than expected ‘repair’ point reward these first few matches in the Koschei seem boring and punishing. My K/D ratio and average points score has gone down… lol

So I don’t understand the repair points score awarded, most of the time it seems to be +8 points per repair, I have however seen it go down to +5 in some matches. Is this due to the battle bonus and none-elite status?
Someone suggested that being closer to the friendly ship your repairing might yield a higher repair points award, like the repair beams effectiveness falls off with range? I wasn’t aware this was the case and haven’t found any evidence of this online searching for answers.

The other annoying thing about the OEM Koschei is that my score at the end of each match is both consistently lower than other T4 healers such as friendly Aions and much lower than I can achieve playing my Jutland or Vigo. I’ve often started a match as the Koschei, done my best but then been killed and just given up and gone back to the Jut or Vigo instead. Ended one match yesterday with just 300 points/score, wasn’t even worth playing…

Another potential issue related to the above is it seems if your being killed (as a healer) by the enemy team and you are not getting kills/killing enemy ships then your credit score at the end of the game is very low, I’ve consistently been earning less than 1500 credits per match, which of course won’t pay for the battle bonus unlock on Veteran matches.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, but I’m guessing it’s just a case of stick it out until I can ditch the OEM setup and start getting some better modules. Currently working towards machine gun turrets and the office briefing.

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 11, 2017, 12:26 p.m.

Nearly all guns have damage falloff, just point your mouse over one you will get the stats.

Summed up: The Koschei heals less than the Aion at more than 1200m. While power to weapons offsets the low base heal on the Aion (hidden stat, not avaiable in the game), the power to weapons increase on the Koschei is rather meager, around 55%, so healing outside of the 1200m range will not be very usefull.

Regarding credits, that is correct, healing lacks credits currently.

The Koschei needs to hug a heal-target at <1200m and has to use it as cover and should try to tank most of the damage with his shield until it has to either sacrifice itself or run into cover, sometimes a friendly Aion will keep you alive. So be very careful with the Beam Amplifier as it increases the damage you take a lot.

Some briefings like Retaliator help a lot with this, or the Koscheis own, Adrenalin Shot. As you can sustain your shields longer.

The usual builds are:
Tank-Kosch: LMGs, Heal-Drone, whatever, Autobeams, EnergyGen, Retaliator, Mod Amper/whatever, Slow and Steady, Adrenalin Shot
Warp-Kosch: LMGs, Beam Amp, whatever, Autobeams, TargetWarp, Retaliator, whatever, Slow and Steady, Adrenalin Shot

Recruit Engineer

Oct. 11, 2017, 2:32 p.m.

Ok, so this is just annoying. Just played and won another match with the Koschei, I stuck with the friendly command ship and was within 1200 meters of it the whole time, whilst also remaining close to or within 1200 of my friendly ships.

I didn’t die once, got two kills (one of which didn’t give any points, no kill/assist – another bug in Onslaught I’ve mentioned many times on the forums).

Spending the whole match healing our command ship (which didn’t get destroyed the whole match) and my allies, each repair point was +5…

+5 wtf? Within the 1200 meters mentioned earlier, and with battle bonus, why was it only +5 per repair?

My match-end score was 730 points (got screen shots), which equated to 1582 credits, 2881 research points and 121 free xp.

This is ridiculous, am I encountering another in-game bug?

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 11, 2017, 2:46 p.m.

At less than 1200m, Koschei will heal more than the Aion, therefore it will get more healing ticks; so in Onslaught you will get more +5s (in TDM +8s), in TE (+whatever it is nowadays). Healing in Onslaught gives very meager awards in general.

Oct. 11, 2017, 2:47 p.m.

Another game, no deaths, we won the match, our command ship didn't die... I got.... 607 points... wow its actually getting worse per game we win, who would have though it smile

Oct. 11, 2017, 3:46 p.m.

Healing the command-ship does not grant a lot of score, if it grants score at all. The Koschei is the wrong ship for Onslaught.

Recruit Engineer

Oct. 11, 2017, 4:15 p.m.

You're thinking about this wrong. Healing ability doesnt directly increase your points given. An aion vs a koschei at <1200 won't give 5 while koschei gets 6. It just increases frequency. So if aion heals 3k, koschei heals 5k, aion gets 5+5+5, koschei gets 5+5+5+5+5. (Not to scale). Additionally, the points you earn in matches changed depending on the gamemode. Onslaught is +5 for x amount healed. TDM is +8 for x amount healed. TElimination is +15 for x amount healed. For that reason, you could have a t5 koschei working it's bùtt off in onslaught, but a t1 aion would probably get more points in elimination (provided you don't die). On two occasions I've gotten 10k points in a game as an aion, both were in team elimination.

Oct. 11, 2017, 5:21 p.m.

Ok, so I’m getting a clearer understanding of the underlying mechanics and associated gameplay, thank you.

As you guys have suggested, I’m just not going to use the Koschei in Onslaught matches, not when I can get a +1500 points score per Onslaught in my Vigo, whilst simultaneously preserving my K/D and average score. 😉

Kind of feels a bit pointless now though, the Koschei has assumed the role of its younger ship the Dola, now in my fleet leaching XP off my Vigo and Jutland but not actually being used.

Oct. 11, 2017, 11:55 p.m.

It's the 1st/2nd best healer in the game. It may not be for you, but it's far from pointless

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:33 a.m.

There are only 2 healers so that's an easy argument smile

Get heal autobeams on the koschei asap, this will increase your score by a lot. Onslaught is about PvE, so healing things obviously won't help, sadly command ship camping no longer works.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.