FORUMS

stasis ammo, pods, tractor beam no joy.

Posted: //
Oct. 11, 2017, 1:04 p.m.

stasis ammo, this needs to be nerf'ed or changed. the group of people using this (you know who you are) clearly show this thing is a game breaker. 1-3 people equipped with stasis ammo pretty much get a free victory. it's only a matter of time before everyone equips it out of necessity.

i know it says 75% movement reduction but its more like 95%, if a vet gets hit with it they can't move, when i would think they would be slowed to destroyer speed or maybe dread speed. if my destroyer gets hit i can't move an inch. 3 people doing this renders the other team helpless.

i would suggest 20-25% movement reduction and only for somewhere around 5 seconds refreshed per shot, not 30!!!!! like i said. if it's left as is, everyone will equip it as a necessity instead, i know i'm gunna!

tactical pods and offensive pods in general, i'm not speaking to their level of effectiveness or time duration. i'm speaking to the fact you CANT blow them up! these need to be made target-able and take damage. as a vet... tractor beam pod is a guaranteed death because you can't blow it up, same with all the other pods that do damage, it's free kills and damage to who ever places them without fear or consequence for using them. pods need a small hp bar, like assault ships, so pilots smart enough to see them can counter them, right now the only counter is stay away. a group of people well coordinated using the same tech mods show this stuff to be broken when they all do it at the same time. 2 tact healers should not be able to fend and defeat a group 4 DPS ships.

tractor beams.... there is no counter to this, it's range is apparently half the map and can go through walls. i think if a person has energy, extra thrust, afterburner, evasive maneuver, blink, dive anything other than normal movement should break the tractor beam, same with the pod. right now nothing can stop it. it's range needs to be capped somewhere and LOS capped as well.

Oct. 11, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

i just realized this is in the ps4 section, sorry i thought it was general. my bad, i guess it applies to both platforms tho haha.

Oct. 12, 2017, 8:58 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 9:07 a.m.

yes and pls nerf Nuke Aoe because this can 1 Shot my Healer
nerf Corvettes because they always get 15:1 by killing low Tier Players
nerf artillery pls its super hard to Hit them because there are so Skinny
nerf Dreadnought pls because the Jet Fighters can 1 hit a low HP Ship
nerf Destroyer because Ram can instant Kill even a Dreadnought
nerf Players which cant play their Ships

nerf everything until iam the best Player

Oct. 12, 2017, 10:34 a.m.

The stasis does need a bit of a change I think...but ive never personally had an issue with the pods. Or tractor.

Oct. 12, 2017, 11:16 a.m.

Stasis ammo is more annoying than anyrhing i've never really had a problem with it, and i agree you should be able to destroy tesla pods like healing pods.

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

Oct. 12, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 11:56 a.m.

the best possible nerf would be 25% chance on hit to reduce movement speed by 30%
that way its not a guarantee at all. You could empty a magazine and not slow at all or bring them to a halt. Likely it would rest somewhere in between.

tractor beam, you can still move somewhat. Use power to thrusters and break line of sight, tractor beam goes away.

Covenant of the phoenix is recruiting! www.cotp.info (make account and apply)
Live streaming and gameplay videos!
https://www.twitch.tv/starrskream
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4wU_kKCaRXyc1KuxfsUGoA

Oct. 12, 2017, 11:57 a.m.

Starrskream#0182 posted (#post-153489)

the best possible nerf would be 25% chance on hit to reduce movement speed by 30%
that way its not a guarantee at all. You could empty a magazine and not slow at all or bring them to a halt. Likely it would rest somewhere in between.

tractor beam, you can still move somewhat. Use power to thrusters and break line of sight, tractor beam goes away.

I like that idea.

Oct. 12, 2017, 2:32 p.m.

Dark_Incendium#2113 posted (#post-153483)

Stasis ammo is more annoying than anyrhing i've never really had a problem with it, and i agree you should be able to destroy tesla pods like healing pods.

how about me and 2 other buddies get in our vets with stasis ammo. we'll chain lock you in position and take turns assault warping you back to back. or let our buddies with plasma rams club ya like a baby seal all match, there is no counter to it, 1 drain ability(someone always has one) and you might as well go AFK, thanks for the free xp.

Nov. 8, 2017, 9:18 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 14, 2017, 5:53 a.m.

Lets Nerf EVERYTHING so the inexperienced players stop crying!
(Sarcasm Intended, in response to the crying over corvettes)

--Fully Unlocked Tier 5 Tree!---What the @#$% are you talking about?---

Nov. 9, 2017, 7:40 p.m.

Or how about you play a different game Shazbot1 so players like me don't have to carry people like you through matches only to then have to listen to you moan about how unfair everything is and that anything that kills you should be nerfed just because you don't like it. The rest of us manage just fine with stasis ammo so why can't you?

Doesn't matter how good you are, there's always someone better.

Closed