FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.9.1 Feedback Megathread

Posted: //
Oct. 12, 2017, 1:29 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 1:31 p.m.

Lotta awesome changes and improvements in 1.9.1, tell us what you think! Do you like the new weapon crosshairs? Do the changes to Tier-III ships feel more balanced and exciting? How's the new Kappa Base look?

Full patch notes here.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Oct. 12, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

Please tell me you fixed the issues with the respawns and you forgot to put them in the notes PLEASE PLEASE tell us thats the case

Oct. 12, 2017, 2:06 p.m.

There's still one issue with the Ceres Tech Tree. Normally you can see the stats and improvements of a module you want to research. But at the module "Beam Amplifier III" there appears nothing. No window with stats, no information about the improvements. I had to research it (luckily that was already my plan) to get all informations. I hope that will be fixed in near future (for the sake of all supporters)
I would appreciate it.
And there's the minimap. Really helpful for supporters and snipers... if you could adjust the zoom of it. Because the current size is hilarious.
These are the only major complaints I have. Everything else is fine from what i've seen until now. Just playing it for a week.

Oct. 12, 2017, 2:53 p.m.

Hello,
since this patch i have problems playing with a 21:9 resolution. (2560x1080)
Everytime when i try to change it in the settings the resolution changes to 1680x1050.
Before this patch i had absolutely no problems playing with this resolution.

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:03 p.m.

The Oberon Corvette in the Changelist is not the Medusa but the Fulgora. The wrong name was put in.

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:07 p.m.

HI! I just wanna start off by saying thank you for all your hard work, and how much I enjoy this game.

I take issue with the new points system. It's great that you've updated the dreadnoughts can score points, but couple that with the fact that you win vritually the same amount of points each round regardless of outcome or performance and it takes away the competitive edge of the game. What's the point now of even scoring points if you aren't even rewarded proportionately now? Now, instead of actually playing the game I could almost afk every match to grind points.

Also, please change the team chat and team orders to be different colours so when I acruelly do want to team chat it's not lost in a sea of blue letters

Thanks!!

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:14 p.m.

Hi
There are some things that need to be fixed.
1. The new crosshair is BAD. Not good at all.

1. Chat in hangar, you can't move it around. If you have the something in the background, like text from the dashbord. The transparent chat becomes text on text. hard to read.

2. The letters, font size, in chat ingame and the scoreboard are very very tiny. Can't barley read. 1920x1080 resultion.

3. I can't see the loadout of my teamplayers anymore.

That's what I've could think of for the moment. But seriously, the crosshair, need to be fixed.

//

iBooOfSweden

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:21 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 4:26 p.m.

Looks terrible there's some problem with resolution settings. Can't sett 3440x1440 it restore to some low res. looks really bad.

Corvettes get buff and no buff/change to Flak Turret...cool. Gl...

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:26 p.m.

Hello,

I haven't tried out the new patch, it just finished downloading, however it looks pretty bad to me.
Changing the range profiles of only one tier is a bad idea that will most likely lead to confusion and disappointment.
-T2 players, who end up in Veteran battles, facing T3s and T4s, will be even more underpowered then before (and they were target practice to begin with).
-Casual players, who might not necceserily read the patch notes, but who might have learned the ranges of the ships (where they are fairly safe from the enemy) will recive a bitter surprise, especially from the snipers and will not understand what's happening.
-This change also further disrupts the progression of power towards higher tiers. Some higher tier versions of modules are already considered at least subjectively inferior (Armor Amplifier, Beam Amplifier, Rapid Fire Mode, just to name a few) then lower tier variants. If the ships themselves are also subjectively more powerful on T3, people will not want to progress to T4.
--This will also aggravate the problem of too few players in Legendary (If they don't want T4, they will certainly not get T5).
-Most people (at least me, but i assume there are others) would expect a close similarty in the ships of the same class and Manufacturer. I would expect to be able to use a similar playstyle through the whole "chain" of ships, but only T3 ships having different range profiles disrupts that. What works on T3 might not work on T4 wich leads to disappointment (at least when someone unknowingly switches to T4 and doesn't understand why his/her shiny new ship is less effective in certain situations) and the stop of progression on the tech-tree.

In this whole "range modification" only the Oberon sniper changes make sense to me. This gives them a bit extra character and a bit extra power in some situations that (i think) they needed. Other than that, IMHO these changes should be reversed.

As the dev note states:
"Tier-III was in a tricky spot, it is a transition tier from Tier-II to Tier-IV."
Don't try to bring T3 on level with T4. As you yourself stated, T3 is there to progress through it. Also it's normal for a lower tier ship to be weaker, then a higher tier one.

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:55 p.m.

You wanna feedback from me? Allright

ARE YOU BUFFING VETTES???????????????????????????? ARE YOU NUTS?????????????????????????????????????????????
GET YOUR S*** STRAIGHT.

You know what? meaby all this hassle is because developers and couple of players lives near servers or sth. Meaby this whole thing is ping related. So you guys dont have problem with hitting vette or sth. I dont know. But buffing vettes, especially light one is SICK.

Thumbs down.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.