FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.9.1 Feedback Megathread

Posted: //
Oct. 12, 2017, 5:54 p.m.

Is there any problema with download the metafile in the launcher? My dowload starts but in 28% its stops, with a black screen on the launcher, any help?

Oct. 12, 2017, 5:57 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 6:04 p.m.

the nerf in XP gain is the stupidest thing you ever did !
Separating score from XP is a BAD thing or it was done poorly ! just put in stat based MM when you have a community

There is NO LOGIC...i can not even comment I will however guarantee to you and you can MARK my WORDS: you will loose high tier players with this update.
The grind is EVEN HIGHER, NOW !!! If i could get a tier 5 module in 5-6 GOOD matches 13+ Kills ... now i need 14+ matches with any mediocre score.

You are on the verge of loosing a lot of players !
To make it worse you didnt fix the spawns....you dont get infinite load now...you get very high load time and you spawn IN THE ENEMY TEAM kudos

As a good feedback:

Nice new UI, pretty maps very nice
Please work on the urgent things: SPAWNS and XP nerf its BAD

Oct. 12, 2017, 6:18 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 7 p.m.

I play 4 days on thsi game and slowly want going off. why ?

1. MM -- today lose 8 times in row
  2. I dont have much time to play cuz real life is more important and you nerf EXP and MONEY in this game
  3. EXP MONEY maybe i will made t3 ships and dont think so to progress to T4 ..... for me game will boring....

Do something with MM / Respawns at same location as rest ally / more money exp from proving grounds for beginners

Oct. 12, 2017, 6:57 p.m.

Hey, have the game a ranked? matchmaking with rangs like bronze silver etc.?? and when no why?

Oct. 12, 2017, 6:59 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 7:02 p.m.

im new on this game play just 4 days and .... i think im close to quit why ?

1. Match Meker -- Today i lose 8 times in row and im angry
  2. Respawns -- i have battle when 2 enemys respown beside of our team [ they dead in 5 sec] next after i will killed i respawn on enemy respawn killed same fast or just respawn and cant join to my team becouse i respawn far far away
  3. Money -- if u think you get money for GP and some ppl will sell it for cash in game .... you are wrong ..... 1k money for 1 battle and for example III tier cost 24k IV 100k and officers is on diffrent lines ..... no comments
  4. EXP -- NO COMMENTS

If Devs dont do something with this game for beginners for example better exp money for proving grounds or just something to pull new players you only have old player which slowly going off. DONT BE Devs on WAR THUNDER where they made ninja path and have deep in hole what they change.

Oct. 12, 2017, 7:56 p.m.

First of all, i want to thank you for a great game, i really enjoy it. Now, i have some problems with these new things, its logic that snipers must have more range than other ships, but its unfair that t3 snipers range being superior than t4 snipers and its unlogic too, t4 must be more powerfull than t3, i like to play with snipers and recently i get the Onager and i was exited about it but now im dissapointed because now t3 snipers has more range than t4 snipers, thats no point on it, i like the dreadnoughts rework but not the buffs of the corvettes, they are quite overpowered against snipers in speed so they can get close to snipers very easy, i undestand it, but snipers need a way to defend itselves against corvettes much better than now, because now corvettes can literraly smash snipers , and hit a corvette at large distances is the most difficult thing.

Oct. 12, 2017, 8:09 p.m.

The issues surrounding XP (particularly how you do not get a whole lot more for doing much better) is not intended. The goal of this update was to increase the "floor" for players, so even poor performance awarded a reasonable progression curve.

Our team is investigating why it appears that good performance does not seem to be awarding the appropriate amount, and the increased reports of poor loading and spawning.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Oct. 12, 2017, 8:36 p.m.

Having tried out the new patch in a few matches, I do have a few comments to make.

XP
The XP rewarded seems a bit parsimonious compared to previous amounts.
I will also strongly echo the sentiment that the xp rewarded should be at least partly and obviously linked to the match performance. Otherwise, why have a match score at all?
Perhaps this is intentional, to slow down progression?
Where I was previously getting anywhere from 3K-6K per match on the main ship I played, depending on how I did, I now find I'm getting 1.5K-3K, about half as much. Some of that might be that the fleet share is taking, effectively, a larger chunk, but overall it does seem much slower.
I was regularly getting 200-300 free xp, now it seems more like 100.
In one match (recruit), I was getting numerous bonuses (tactical, multi-kills, damage dealer, death blows, etc.); I had 10 kills, 1 death, & 4 assists. I got 2K xp on the ship I flew the entire match (w/ recruit bonus, of course, not to mention my own elite and extra from 2 others). Very low. Perhaps the ship tier was part of this (a T2 ship)? (the total match score, which is, I guess, irrelevant now, was 1300, and I was in first place).
Playing veteran matches with similar, seemingly highly effective performance, has also yielded poor XP (5 kill(?!), 1 death, 2 assist, several field engineer bonuses with a T4 tac cruiser, some damage dealers as well, 3rd on scoreboard, not quite 3K xp earned in the match, iirc that performance would have netted upwards of 4K previously).
Something seems off.

All that said I do also appreciate the additional tanking score (& xp?) methods that have been added, along with some other items (damage dealer) that seem easier to get a few of.

CROSSHAIRS
Overall, I actually like it.
I do like that in a tac cruiser it is now immediately apparent, with the little icon, whether I'm healing or damaging, that is a nice improvement.
I love that there is a non-color based method to see how close you are (helps the color blind folks out there, I'm not one, but can recognize a good design). Honestly, with that being decent, the colors are immaterial to me.
The only complaint I have is the odd laggyness on the target bracket, which I suppose is meant to represent where the guns are actually tracking versus where the camera is pointing? The link isn't instantly apparent, though if that is indeed what is happening, it is able to be figured out.

CHAT PERSISTENCE?
Perhaps I'm the only one seeing this, so I'm sure if this is a bug or feature, but the chat window keeping conversations from previous matches is not something I'm enjoying.

T3 RANGE/DAMAGE
I can't comment too much on the adjustments for the T3 ships, except that something needed to happen, since it used to be that the side with the most T4 ships in a vet match would win. This might make it a bit more competitive overall, and will actually help the newer players.
It isn't too hard to start getting to T3 ships, I'm working on T4+ now with less than a month of play, having the T3's be better as compared to previously, while still not as good as T4's, will certainly be a boon.

I will also say that having played a few matches in T3 corvettes, they do feel more effective now.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized" Sun Tzu

Oct. 12, 2017, 8:41 p.m.

I see it was not intended to nerf the exp/credit gain. But since your roadmap says you want to reduce the grind, why not simply adjust it by adding 10% in gaining? Or do some events that makes players earn 50% on top? I am not a programmer or IT human, but i can't comprehend that tweaking some numbers takes so much time. You want to reduce the grind? Do it. You have made it (the grind) bigger with the last two updates, after announcing you would like to make it less.
I do understand that implementing new features like maps, gamemodes and ships takes a lot of time and effort. But changing some numbers in the code can't be that hard. It's still a beta, what could possibly go wrong? It's not like everyone would have unlocked everything in an instant.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Oct. 12, 2017, 8:43 p.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-153564)

ARE YOU BUFFING VETTES???????????????????????????? ARE YOU NUTS?????????????????????????????????????????????
GET YOUR S*** STRAIGHT.

You know what? meaby all this hassle is because developers and couple of players lives near servers or sth. Meaby this whole thing is ping related. So you guys dont have problem with hitting vette or sth. I dont know. But buffing vettes, especially light one is SICK.

T3 vettes buff actually makes sense. Especially the Kreshnik(heavy vette does deserve a buff) Kreshnik has quite a hitbox for a vette and is a piece of cake to hit because it is not very mobile The extra range gives time for 1 extra shot before you get dangerously close (in case you hit and run) to your enemy and it gives you room to adjust a more optimal escape route since you do not need to get too close to your enemy. Very nice buff!
As a frequent vette player, I noticed that it usually is quite hard to get a kill on t4 ships in veteran matches, even art cruisers (which vettes are meant to hard counter). T3 vettes' damage is not high enough to burst someone down quickly (assuming your enemy is paying attention and raises shields in time). In addition, T3s don't have access to some modules that make them perform at their best (heavy cloak, armor amp, etc.) The extra range should at least improve their survivability assuming they are staying at these greater ranges. With the right modules, every class is able to take down a vette, a skilled vette player knows how and when to escape to fight another day.

I do, however, agree that light vette (Machias) did not really need a buff, because light vettes were performing well already, and arguably better than the other 2 types because of their higher burst damage and MUCH greater mobility extra range does not make that much of a difference for them IMO.

Regarding the range increases on other T3 classes, I think it is a great change. By giving a slight edge to T3s it should make transition to T4 class faster, and as a result, there will be more players with legendary fleets sooner. Thanks to devs for the buff.
There were comments above on how it is pointless to get a T4 if a T3 has greater effective range. IMO that is ridiculous. T4 ships have some superior modules that T3s dont have and they have greater damage. As long as they get closer to T3s (and they sure can, Vindicta, for instance) they destroy lower class ships because of T4s' greater damage and survivability.
As for snipers, IMO, it also makes sense to give them a range buff. They don't deal full damage at max range anyway and since they don't kill as fast at max ranges, there is more time to get to cover where they will not damage you at all. Unless the enemy is completely stationary, you will not get a kill as a sniper at max range.

As for the exp and score separation, I don't really understand it. On one hand, it helps you level as you are getting started or in case you don't have a great match. I guess it makes the grind even for everyone, newer and less skilled players may benefit. However, it takes out the rewards for exceptional performance in games and makes the grind longer for players who are able to consistently get a higher than average score and top the leaderboards..

In conclusion, thank you for a great game!!! Overall, its awesome! =)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.