FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.9.1 Feedback Megathread

Posted: //
Oct. 13, 2017, 7:43 a.m.

What Owners do when they made game unplayable for few days in other games.

SIMPLE: They fix it and gave players back elite status back during game unplayable and gave some gifts.

i hope somone read it from devs.

Oct. 13, 2017, 7:58 a.m.

From what i've seen so far, all is well.
Poor kreshnik got its deserved buffs, the other vettes "buffs" are neglible... Its effective range has been increased.. not optimum.. so its "raw" burst is still only available at 1200m.. Jesus, some people should read more carefully or you gonna fail all your exams in school smile

i think the approach to make the tier 3 more enjoyable is quite a good idea, gotta try some out to see if it feels better now.

well the xp glitch is unfortunate, but as i've seen, you guys are working on it already.

all in all: nice one! lets see how it works out smile

Oct. 13, 2017, 8:46 a.m.

DNG_Zettomatic#2191 posted (#post-153724)

From what i've seen so far, all is well.
Poor kreshnik got its deserved buffs, the other vettes "buffs" are neglible... Its effective range has been increased.. not optimum.. so its "raw" burst is still only available at 1200m.. Jesus, some people should read more carefully or you gonna fail all your exams in school smile

i think the approach to make the tier 3 more enjoyable is quite a good idea, gotta try some out to see if it feels better now.

well the xp glitch is unfortunate, but as i've seen, you guys are working on it already.

all in all: nice one! lets see how it works out smile

Didn't need to buff the range though. its going to be really confusing to people when they find out there T4 has a shorter range than there T3, I mean people who don't come here and read patch notes, there are those people out there.

If they wanted to make T3 enjoyable, then there should be a T2-T3 division.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 13, 2017, 10:09 a.m.

I'm very dissappointed with the recent changes especially the changes to T3 ships. These changes just don't make any sense to me. The problem T3 ships face in veteran matches don't arise through their stats, it's the lack of proper modules to counter certain playstyles. Giving them more range just confuses people.

To be positive: I like the new crosshair. smile

Oct. 13, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 13, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

The only thing I hate about the update is the XP changes. The previous model reward good performance. The new model does not. I had game with 6 to 1 kill ratio as a healer, multiple and constant healing, and my xp/score was LESS than a artillery guy with a 5 to 8 Kill ratio. How do you explain that. Happened in a game just in the last 30 min if you want to look it up on your servers. (assuming you store that).

Cross hairs are great. Tier 3 was fine just the way it was as far as I could tell. I have enjoyed all my tier 3 time.

When choosing your ship, I like to look at the load out of other ships before and after I choose mine, so it is annoying that I can't any more.

Oct. 13, 2017, 10:22 a.m.

While I like the new animations for the crosshair, I really dislike the shape of it. I'd prefer a circle reticle. A circle with the animations/color change would be cool.

I feel like XP/Credit rewards are a LOT less, even with Elite Status. I'd say I'm probably 60% what I was before the patch.

Font for chat is a mess, it's really small and blurry.

He's a fully integrated, multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part......IS THAT HE'S LEARNING.

Oct. 13, 2017, 11:38 a.m.

Having noting the split response to the new crosshairs, I suggest making crosshair type choosable in Settings.

Oct. 13, 2017, 11:39 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 13, 2017, 11:52 a.m.

tldr version : I used to be able to play windowed with 2560x1440 resolution and now the game is forcing me to play full screen only at that resolution.

Long version:

I have a 3440x1440 monitor.

I do not play at that resolution because it actually clips the top and the bottom of what you can see when you go widescreen in this game.

You can see what I am talking about here:

Imgur

The red box is what you see when you play in widescreen, the outer image is what you see when you play in full screen. I highlighted with yellow ovals sections from the picture that you can clearly see objects disappearing from the view of the hangar when you switch to widescreen. I did some math, you basically lose 25% of your vertical view when you switch to widescreen.

Being a player that enjoys competition, I want to be on an even footing with my enemies in game. Playing in widescreen mode badically handicaps me since I see less that others.

Because I want a full view of my surroundings when I play, the next best resolution I could get was 2560x1440 in Windowed mode. It was a sacrifice to play in windowed mode since I could see my desktop on either side of the game and it reduced the immersion aspect of the game. But, that's the best I could do if I wanted to see everything I could see while I played.

I have been playing this way from the start. And I have really enjoyed my time with this game.

With 1.9.1 however, whenever I switch to 2560x1440 resolution it forces the display mod to full screen which not only look awful but puts me back into the situation highlighted above where I am basically playing with vertical blinders.

The only resolution I can play at where I am not forced to play in non-widowed mode is 1600x900. That's a window on my screen that is two third's the size of the window I used to play at. I feel like I am playing a browser game at that resolution and I can't make out details.

Can we get this fixed some time soon?

Oct. 13, 2017, 12:13 p.m.

SOS-Anyone#6415 posted (#post-153659)

First of all, I'd like to start with some positive changes, because this patch does fix a lot of issues!

• New UI, awesome. Fontsize in the post-match lobby: too small
  • New rectangle, looks good, functions really well it seems
  • New Lobby, awesome, though it did bug out and I couldn't select my ship, but this is reported: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1la2MDJIYZk
  • Dola seems more precisise, which is much desired
  • Gravis accuracy went up
  • It seems like I can heal shielded targets again, though trying to hit a corvette at 2~3km distance is still nearly impossible to do

But then there are a lot of issues that concern or disappoint me...

• Tanking points
  • As points are no longer used as heavily for rewards, they are extremely low, but this is an issue under investigation. I'm curious why this wasn't caught during testing. If it was not present during testing, it might indicate a dangerous workflow issue.
  • The way T3 is balanced is bluntly said: "dumb".

A bit more focus on the negative points:

Tanking Points
As I've always said, yes there should be some of this, but not just added as extra. What's done? Just tanking points added as extra. Now dreadnoughts can finish with 2x as many points than the second player in ranks because it gets points for killing and tanking. Dreadnoughts have the capabability to score just as good as others when it comes to killing, especially in the current tank/stasis/missile salvo/healer meta. This patch simply gives tanks more reason to play in a healing blob, making fast ships even less useful. Even healers are not being top score anymore, with dreads having double(!) their scores in the matches I've seen. This while I'm playing a support Aion with energy missile and purge beam, gives me literally 0 points. I purged a target on my Aion for 100% to 0% health, I didn't even get an assist... So it's just 1 class that's extremely good at scoring points atm. I make sure my tanks have enough energy, they now get points for taking damage but I don't get points for helping them tank with energy.

T3 Balance
I don't have words to describe how inconsistent T3 is right now. Examples:
- T1 arty: 7km
- T2 arty: 7km
- T3 arty: 7.7km
- T4 arty: 7km
- T5 arty: 7km

This makes literally 0 sense! Not only does T3 already have a massive firepower increase with power to weapons for arties, but now it can also keep backing up at 7.2km while pounding at anything trying to approach.

This shows for every single T3 ship from what I can tell. You play T2, everything is normal. Suddenly you get a big boost in ranges at T3, just to lose all of them at T4 again. This is not only inconsistent, but it gives a lower tier an unfair over higher tiers. The whole idea behind tiers is that if you're higher, you're stronger. If you don't want this imbalance, remove tiers (as I keep suggesting since shipyard 2.0 release). However, at this point, The majority of T3 ships with a full loadout, have an advantage over a stock T4 ship of the same class. They will do more damage at the same ranges (2.5~4km being the most engaged range), because the closer ranges got scaled upwards.

If this wasn't silly enough, the Gravis now actually has a better accuracy than it's successors, the Lorica (T4) and Invictus (T5). I've tried both the Gravis and Lorica and while the Lorica feels unchanged, you can definately feel more precision on the Gravis. If anything, the whole line should get the accuracy it had pre-shipyard, not just a slightly better accuracy at T3. On top of all this, T2 did not get boosted, but are kept in veteran, so they face an even harder challenge if they join.

Instead of breaking T3 with inconsistencies, either remove T3 or give them more modules. Balancing is a delicate issues and yet again, has been shown that the community should've been asked before making those changes.

QFT.

All I can say is nail and head. This is indeed more game braking than anything.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 13, 2017, 12:21 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 13, 2017, 12:23 p.m.

The Blud's unlockable t4 secondary gun is what I'm talking about, The particle cannon.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.