PC Game Update 1.9.1 Feedback Megathread
Hello everyone! This is my first ever comment on this forum, but I have 50 hours of battle time, (and probably much more in waiting for a legendary match). I'm with this game for months now, spent a little bit of money to experiment, I followed many updates, and I grinded till some T4 ships. I love the core Dreadnought experience, when everything is in place. But it is a rare occasion... Now I feel it is time to voice my opinion.
First of all: If you make a patch, you should prioritize the most important issues. Crosshairs and the new fonts are nice, but they were quite alright before, meanwhile there are some big problems, your fans are telling you constantly about, and you only made situation worse with the latest updates. I appreciate your good will and intention, but the way this goes right now, it is not something I want to spend my time or money on.
Matchmaking: limiting tiers to enter a match are a good direction, but your player base is too weak for now, for to work that in legendary. Meanwhile there are players, able to get 10+ kills with stock T3 ships, so why not let them play in legendary? Because they can't right now, and there is two reasons for that: too few people has the necessary ships. T5s are way out of reach, and stock T4s aren't just good enough for average skills. The other reason is, that you have to wait 10+ minutes, which is a feedback loop, because after that time, the battle bonus timer on veteran expires, so many people will just cancel their legendary matchmaking and play veteran.
And this issue connects deeply with the second big problem:
GRIND: dreadful word, and it is indeed, the most frustrating part of your game. With every update, things stayed more or less the same: it takes eons to grind for even a single module. And because of that, people leave your game, or just stay in veteran, with their precious t3s (because they've worked really hard for that) and try to enjoy the game, without mindig progression. And that is why you have so few people playing legendary. Because only the hardcore players are able to reach the necessary equipment to play there. And even if you unlock a T4, or a T5, the module costs are a joke, compared to the rewards. People are completionists, they have to feel, that they CAN sometime in the forseeable future reach the maxed out T5 fleet. You can't make people to play your game longer, and spend more money on it, by trapping them in blind grind. You have to let them progress, and if you see, that your hardcore fanbase will soon reach endgame content, then you release new content (T6?). That is how a F2P game works, it is constant gameplay development and content creation, and you should've been prepared for that, coming out with open beta. And if your players enjoy progression, and love your content, they'll spend money on the game, to reach their interests sooner.
But right now, with the latest patch, you disbalanced veteran match for inexperienced players, and made the grind harder for everyone, with separating xp and score. They were perfectly fine the way before, the problem wasn't that. The problem was, that the reward system was inconsistent (or at least seemed to be) and even with top performance, you needed a lot of game, just to get one single T4 module. I understand that a nerf was necessary, because if you only reward good players, they'll have better equipment, and they gain even more ground against amateurs. But the solution is not this.
- Make a T6 fleet, and let them into Legendary, and make an "Insane" arena only for T6s
- Let people get T4 ships, and T4+T5 modules faster, with more rewards from daily contacts, xp for ribbons, weekend events, etc.
- Give more reward for solid, middle level gamers, less for cannonfodders, and a bit less for the top ones as before, but still give much, much more. So an xp reward should be like this: players with less than 400 points should get just a base reward. Players between 400-1200 should get a very solid reward, money and xp enough to get a T4 module after 3 matches. And players over 1200 point should get exponentially better reward, so someone with 1500 would not get too much more as the other players, but if the rare occasion of 3000 points happen, that guy should get the possibility to buy a module straight away.
- Make a ranking system, where players get an actual rank, based on how they fared before with those ships in their fleets. Make this system visible, and make events, like ranked weekends, challenges, so players can up their ranks.
- Respawns: Make an arena wide map for the respawn screen, where you show allied ships, and like a fog of war, the area controlled by enemy ships. If there is place to warp in a safe position into neutral space, then do that, but if the enemy is too widely spread, then let players decide to warp in into danger close, or wait for another players to do it together (or let some neutral space clear up)
- Balance: corvettes are fine the way like that, problem is with anti-corvette armanent. Flaks are just too short ranged. A player should be rewarded, if he has the instinct to change to secondary, if ambushed by a corvette, but mostly it happens out of range, so he get killed. Meanwhile the corvette pilot is happy to score a kill, but feels not that succesfull, because all he did, was staying out of range of flaks. It should more of hit n run attacks, so let just the corvettes do big damage (even bigger), and be fragile as they are, but make flaks more effective. And the other classes? Just look up a statistics, which ships score better. My tactics for grinding was, that I looked up, who killed me more, so I grinded to get that ship, and used their tactics. But I think there isn't really a big problem with balance, the problem is choice: If you got a Goliath torpedo for starter module, you have to learn it, it is impressive against tanking teams, but quite suicidal if you don't use it properly. Now, you can say it is bugged, and has to be balanced, but why? I seen lot of people using it quite succesfully. The problem is, you don't really have much choice, because you have to grind for its second version, then for the next weapon, so customization is just an illusion, because first, you have to play a lot, something you may despise. And with 4 modules, in a clumsy ship, you cannot handle, it is just annoying. Make more options availibe out of the box, and people wont cry that much for balance.
- Paid content: make it more unique. I really like the hero ships, and the paint jobs, but let place for even more customization. Also the Elite status, and the money and free xp conversion rates, are just robbery. If you ease it a bit up, more people will use real money.
I really hope this game will head for good direction, because the core values, and gameplay are already fantastic. I wish great succes for the developers, and patience for the players!
I would like to see some sort of joystick controller for the game. Those of us who have disabilities involving hands and arms would certainly be able to play and enjoy the game even more using some sort of 1 handed controller.
The cross hairs are a nice touch
But it appears in attempting to fix Small font issues it broke any resolution above 1900x1200
The best i can describe it on my 4k full screen monitor is it looks 'fuzzy' and cartoonish
Was this was an accident?
Thank you for the quick fix seems to be MUCH better KUDOS !!
I checked and compare i think is a little worse then before 1.91 better than in BUG but worse before 1.91 ..... money gain much worse.
Artilery Cruiser T2 1500 score 18kills proving grounds
- after fix 1950 exp + 400 money
- Before fix 1400 exp
- before 1.91 2400 exp
I am having issue with game stuck in infinite loading screen once the matchmaking system find me a game. On top of that, this patch put me into lower resolution by default now
i thought share exp it doesnt work but is ok ....
I played only 3 games so far and here is my feedback:
I like new crosshair
Text on ships and on HUDmuch easier to read but in other places it looks blurry. Maybe because I changed resolution in game without restart.
Looks like it became slightly faster. My i3 and ancient video card now got 31 fps on 2560x1600 resolution. Before I got 25 fps.
I like playing healer and XP for Team Deathmatch is raised from 8 to 10. Great.
After I applied patch resolution did reset to default. I changed it back. Next day I started game second time and it changed resolution again to 25601440. I had to change to proper one again. I will check soon if it changes again.
Text and textures looks blurry. It is not quality issue, just it feels like something in your eye.
After I selected ship and press Space I cannot see loadout of my teammates anymore. Previously I was checking loadout of everyship while waiting for jump.
I cannot see my own weapons when I press X on orbit.
After match finished I kind of curious how much I got and I had to wait like 10 - 20 seconds just to see full numbers. Can you just show everything like table? So I can see and quit and start another game.
I suggest to remove cooldown on veteran matches. Now I play one game, wait 10 minutes and play another one because you get much better outcome for your time. But it also reducing amount of playing playing.
Spawn is very bad. Today we started game and enemy dread was spawned like 2000 meters from us. Well he didn't live long. It was beginning of game (within first 10 seconds). Also I started match and was spawned behind enemy. And I was healer. Luckily everybody was busy so I managed to escape. Again it was beginning of match. Like 5 seconds from beginning. During game it is the equally bad. I would say around 30% of my deaths are while I trying to join my team. It is very nice when you spawn alone and enemy corvette is in 3000 meters from you.
* Well looks like everybody complains about corvettes. Today there were 3 dreads and 1 one destroyer and healer between them. Enemy corvette just arrived to the middle of us stopped and killed healer. It took like 3 - 5 seconds of stand still pretty much while everybody shooting corvette. He did fly away. And he repeat it few times. I think something is wrong here. I understand that corvette should be fast and deadly but when it stops it should die very quickly.
So far this patch hasn't been to bad. The gameplay is smooth, the ships and everything is working pretty alright. But I kind of wish you guys would implement a loadout system for in-game. I constantly find myself in situations where I should have kept the vulture missiles 2 instead of buying the drain torpedoe and I want to switch it back but I can't. It would be nice to be able to switch up the loadouts while in game so that I could better equip my ship for that game. It would add some counterplay to people who use dreadnaughts with a bunch of healers and never dying. And the chat windows need to be fixed. They keep on overlapping when you have text in the background then a message pops up and the words get all distorted. Great job so far devs and keep up the good work