FORUMS

New Ship XP rate

Posted: //
Oct. 12, 2017, 3:49 p.m.

Good afternoon,

If I may have a moment of the Dev's time.

Bought an elite membership. Started making good progress. Even managed to unlock two tier IV ships.

Average ship exp rewards would net me from 2500-4000 ship xp per match. Now, its more along the lines of 600-1500. With a module cost for Tier IV being 22000-28000 (some less critical being 14000) its now safe to say, to unlock a single module I will have to play a dead minimum of... 15 to 18 matches per module. This is with 4 modules per tree and three trees to complete before eligible for a next Tier ship. Nevermind the purchase of a single Tier V would take hundreds of matches just for the ship.

Please tell me this is a bug or something. It was bad enough as it is to mentally acknowledge unlocking a tier V would a month of grinding. Now, its moved out of reach.

Thanks for your time!

Oct. 12, 2017, 4:39 p.m.

I conclude that the current collection of xp and credits is greatly reduced. Is this change temporary or in test mode? Or is it a precaution for players not to reach Tier 5 so fast? Thanks

Oct. 12, 2017, 5 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 5:02 p.m.

Yep, love the new patch except for the huge reduction in research points and credits at the end of each match.

Honestly, I didn’t think there was a disparity between the winning and losing teams previously, certainly not one that would warrant this 'uncoupling' change.

Devs, please please change this!

Since the patch, I generally seem to be getting a lower overall score in missions, but the massive reduction to research points rewarded and credits (to a slightly lesser extent) is going to seriously impede any meaningful progression towards any further module or ship unlocks.

Current in-game grind to unlock new modules has increased three-fold...

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 12, 2017, 6:02 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 12, 2017, 7 p.m.

EXP and money is to low im beginner player and this game slowly boring me ..... you lose me

Oct. 12, 2017, 6:23 p.m.

Why do they keep making updates that cause more issues..
Who thought lowering earned XP is a good idea when the grind is already this bad
The grind is the exact reason why I stopped playing for almost a year, now that I'm back they make this update.

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Oct. 12, 2017, 8:18 p.m.

I do not understand why they would nerf experience like they did, maybe they would hope it would lead to more people purchasing their stupid elite packs? If they need more money maybe they could make more ship skins that did not come from 40$ premium ships and $120 packs?

Making your game an unenjoyable grind is not how you keep customers happy and incentivize them to purchase your content; sure you can force short term sales but you will kill any longevity.

Oct. 12, 2017, 9:11 p.m.

I'd also like to weigh in with the new XP system: (ALL OF THESE ARE WITH ELITE STATUS)

Photo 1: I had a very lackluster match, but managed to accure 2025 specific ship XP with the Palos but only 1671 were added to the ship. Also this is pre patch where a lackluster match would get 517 XP per unused ship:

LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1IL9ZY7qyX0UThOa1ZHRDVaNlk

Photo 2: Post patch, lots of kills better, in game performance and now ships get 370 XP per unused ship and a low specific ship XP gain

LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1IL9ZY7qyX0UHowMzN4SlV3Q3M

Oct. 12, 2017, 9:26 p.m.

Echoing the frustration. I only have 1 week of elite left and the incentive to play has severely waned with this change. I used to manage 3k - 5k points, now i'll be lucky to make even 2.5k no matter what. I was close to unlocking my choice modules, too.

Dev Note "This allows us to give players ship XP for participation without making them stand out as superior players in the scoreboard."

This is a poor idea in my opinion. You should be there to play to win, and I earned those points by pulling my weight and taking risks despite the ship I used. "Participation" already comes in the form of assists and killing assault ships/flyers in onslaught mode. This limit should be reserved for Recruit tier only.

Oct. 12, 2017, 10:10 p.m.

I completely agree with the OP.

This, and the ordinary initial tier 4 ship capability, is why I've almost quit playing. Such an uphill struggle.

It's disappointing when the reward structure sucks the fun out of progression.

Software Engineering: Where quality is job 1.1

Oct. 12, 2017, 10:31 p.m.

In the same boat. My xp/credits per match has been cut roughly in half from what it was before the patch.

Also, anyone else annoyed by the small font, and weird new crosshair? I don't like that it's a long sideways rectangle, I preferred when it was a circle.

He's a fully integrated, multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part......IS THAT HE'S LEARNING.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.