FORUMS

1.9.1 Has Made The Game Umplayable For Me - Graphics Issue

Posted: //
Oct. 13, 2017, 11:36 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 13, 2017, 11:38 a.m.

tldr version : I used to be able to play windowed with 2560x1440 resolution and now the game is forcing me to play full screen only at that resolution.

Long version:

I have a 3440x1440 monitor.

I do not play at that resolution because it actually clips the top and the bottom of what you can see when you go widescreen in this game.

You can see what I am talking about here:

Imgur

The red box is what you see when you play in widescreen, the outer image is what you see when you play in full screen. I highlighted with yellow ovals sections from the picture that you can clearly see objects disappearing from the view of the hangar when you switch to widescreen. I did some math, you basically lose 25% of your vertical view when you switch to widescreen.

Being a player that enjoys competition, I want to be on an even footing with my enemies in game. Playing in widescreen mode badically handicaps me since I see less that others.

Because I want a full view of my surroundings when I play, the next best resolution I could get was 2560x1440 in Windowed mode. It was a sacrifice to play in windowed mode since I could see my desktop on either side of the game and it reduced the immersion aspect of the game. But, that's the best I could do if I wanted to see everything I could see while I played.

I have been playing this way from the start. And I have really enjoyed my time with this game.

With 1.9.1 however, whenever I switch to 2560x1440 resolution it forces the display mod to full screen which not only look awful but puts me back into the situation highlighted above where I am basically playing with vertical blinders.

The only resolution I can play at where I am not forced to play in non-widowed mode is 1600x900. That's a window on my screen that is two third's the size of the window I used to play at. I feel like I am playing a browser game at that resolution and I can't make out details.

Can we get this fixed some time soon?

Posted: //
Oct. 13, 2017, 11:52 a.m.

tldr version : I used to be able to play windowed with 2560x1440 resolution and now the game is forcing me to play full screen only at that resolution.

Long version:

I have a 3440x1440 monitor.

I do not play at that resolution because it actually clips the top and the bottom of what you can see when you go widescreen in this game.

You can see what I am talking about here:

Imgur

The red box is what you see when you play in widescreen, the outer image is what you see when you play in full screen. I highlighted with yellow ovals sections from the picture that you can clearly see objects disappearing from the view of the hangar when you switch to widescreen. I did some math, you basically lose 25% of your vertical view when you switch to widescreen.

Being a player that enjoys competition, I want to be on an even footing with my enemies in game. Playing in widescreen mode badically handicaps me since I see less that others.

Because I want a full view of my surroundings when I play, the next best resolution I could get was 2560x1440 in Windowed mode. It was a sacrifice to play in windowed mode since I could see my desktop on either side of the game and it reduced the immersion aspect of the game. But, that's the best I could do if I wanted to see everything I could see while I played.

I have been playing this way from the start. And I have really enjoyed my time with this game.

With 1.9.1 however, whenever I switch to 2560x1440 resolution it forces the display mod to full screen which not only look awful but puts me back into the situation highlighted above where I am basically playing with vertical blinders.

The only resolution I can play at where I am not forced to play in non-widowed mode is 1600x900. That's a window on my screen that is two third's the size of the window I used to play at. I feel like I am playing a browser game at that resolution and I can't make out details.

Can we get this fixed some time soon?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.