FORUMS

Regarding XP Issues with 1.9.1

Posted: //
Oct. 13, 2017, 4:38 p.m.

Heyas,

Yesterday's patch brought with it our first attempt at addressing an observation that we have made based on our internal data: rewards for playing in matches aren't generally where we want them to be for players with average performance. Lower than expected rewards for these players results in an inability to progress, which is not a fun place to be. Players who can't progress don't stay, and when players don't stay, the whole experience suffers for players of all skill levels. So, we decided to address the issue with 1.9.1.

Our intent with the feature introduced yesterday, then, is to make sure that active play in a match - putting in the effort to be an engaged in the battle - would provide a baseline reward. When players earn this reward, it is to be added on top of the existing skill based rewards, such that everyone, regardless of skill level, enjoyed better rates of progression.

That intent didn't quite make it into the build that was delivered yesterday. The rewards you earn today for putting in the effort should be higher for pretty much everyone than they were two days ago, and that's not the case. The baseline reward is much higher and easier to obtain than we intended, while skill-based rewards are much lower than we intended.

We are actively working to correct this situation and plan to have a fix for you deployed within the hour. We fully expect more tweaks and adjustments to this curve based on the new data, and encourage everyone to play the heck out of the game so we can get accurate info. As always, we value your feedback and I expect to see no dearth of it after this release smile

Stay frosty out there Captains,

Mike Donatelli

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Oct. 13, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

Good to hear Tuxedo! You're not so empty after all...

"I'm a mercenary, I don't judge your ambitions, I only judge what you can afford. Pay my price and I will strike down the heavens. I've fought your war a thousand times and won them all, and on this day the blood I spill will bring down an empire, and the world will burn before your very eyes. On this battlefield... one shot can change the course of history." - Unknown Mercenary

Oct. 13, 2017, 4:41 p.m.

Great! Keep up the good work!

Oct. 13, 2017, 6:57 p.m.

Just played a game where I was heals- didn't die, followed around a Tier IV Blud all match. I kept this Blud up through a TON of damage, all fight long, like CRAZY. I got 800 points at the end of the match. 800.

Scoring is off by something like a factor of 5. The amount I healed would have netted me 2.5k+ points before, and like 8-9k xp after elite bonus. This game? I got just shy of 4k

Your hotfix did jack. YOU NEED TO REVERT TO 1.9.

He's a fully integrated, multi-fetish artificial being. And the best part......IS THAT HE'S LEARNING.

Oct. 14, 2017, 12:34 a.m.

yep,you did not fix anythink smile

Oct. 14, 2017, 3:22 a.m.

FISTER ROBOTO#2889 posted (#post-153905)

Just played a game where I was heals- didn't die, followed around a Tier IV Blud all match. I kept this Blud up through a TON of damage, all fight long, like CRAZY. I got 800 points at the end of the match. 800.

Scoring is off by something like a factor of 5. The amount I healed would have netted me 2.5k+ points before, and like 8-9k xp after elite bonus. This game? I got just shy of 4k

Your hotfix did jack. YOU NEED TO REVERT TO 1.9.

you're confusing score gained with exp gained
they only said exp was wrong, and they 'fixed' that
they never said scoring was unintended

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.