FORUMS

Space

Posted: //
Oct. 5, 2016, 12:38 a.m.

We really need some space maps. Asteroid belt, rings of Saturn, and etc. It feels weird having a giant spaceship battle flying around a valley on a planet.

Oct. 5, 2016, 2:19 p.m.

Welcome aboard, Captain! We appreciate the feedback. What would you like to see in terms of maps and locations?

Oct. 15, 2016, 4:27 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 15, 2016, 4:28 a.m.

Draex#3006 posted (#post-46203)

Welcome aboard, Captain! We appreciate the feedback. What would you like to see in terms of maps and locations?

You expected actual ideas didn't you? smile :p

Since i am pretty much still clueless on what is in the game or not, how about a big asteroid belt.
It would be a low on resources/lean map too i guess.
Just space and asteroids, to hide behind like a "grab 'em by the". smile

Oct. 15, 2016, 5:45 a.m.

How about a destroyed spacestation with lots of debris around?

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Oct. 15, 2016, 5:51 a.m.

Oct. 16, 2016, 5:15 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 16, 2016, 5:43 a.m.

A lot of interesting map potential out there particularly since this is a PC game.

Rings of Saturn (With moving asteroids as obstacles)

Kuiper Belt (With moving asteroids as obstacles)

Jovian atmosphere (With weather effects and pockets of moving explosive gases)

Nebula (With weather effects, electrical discharges, ice and rock obstacles)

Orbital Bone Yard (Where decommissioned ships are the obstacles)

A battle in close proximity to the sun around an orbital energy mine including flares and radiation bursts as dangerous obstacles.

Severely damaged Dyson Sphere which was abandoned by it's alien builders so it is now drifting through space passing our solar system (sky's the limit with the interior, obstacles and dangers) This could be the home for numerous maps including abandoned alien cities, forests, mountains, near the corona, in the open atmosphere near dangerously malfunctioning alien machinery.

Assault the Space Station mode with each team having their own station which will involve a defend vs destroy scenario where each side must balance the need to destroy the enemy stations defenses with the need to defend their own station and repair their own defense network.

Carrier capital ship defend/destroy similar to the above but the carrier has both weapons and NPC fighters.

It would also be nice to see factions with wars and an alien incursion, maybe a rogue black hole creates a wormhole where we must fight to defend our system.

Weather effects can impact ship handling.
Electrical discharges can reduce sensors and accuracy
Ice and rock obstacles can cause kinetic damage

A fan designed ship contest would be a fun way to drive interest in the game. The winner gets a founders pack and/or a pile of in-game currency as well as their ship entering the game with a name of their choosing. Of course there would be rules associated with the names as well as basic ground rules for the ships such as size, weapon placement and etc.

Oct. 19, 2016, 6:03 p.m.

Zombie,Rings of satunrn are already ingame smile

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Oct. 21, 2016, 1:53 p.m.

Some great suggestion in here!

Nov. 2, 2016, 5:14 a.m.

also inertial dampening should be off in space. That would make it more interesting on the levels in orbit.

Nov. 10, 2016, 1:41 p.m.

Can't get behind this posts idea hard enough. With current maps as they are this game feels less and less like a space ship game. I feel like a map centered around orbital defense stations might be cool.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.