FORUMS

Camera view

Posted: //
Aug. 1, 2015, 11:54 a.m.

I noticed that in the videos, when a ship goes undernearth you. The camera doesn't really transition so that the hull of your ship does not block your view.

Are we going to see the camera shift slightly so that the ship doesn't do this?

Float like a Dreadnaught, sting like a sledgehammer.

Aug. 1, 2015, 3:34 p.m.

i think in an older post they said that the camera view is pretty static right now, allthought they were looking at other options i think for now it will stay this way

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

Aug. 1, 2015, 4:25 p.m.

All I know about the game is from what I've seen in videos, but it seems like you don't have much in the way of armament underneath your ship. Maybe the static camera is a way of encouraging players to not let enemy ship get under them?

Aug. 2, 2015, 12:11 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 2, 2015, 12:11 a.m.

if i am not mistaken,on videos i saw that even if you can't see below your ship,the reticle becomes red or something and u still can track your enemy underneath you.

"The First Of His Name"

Aug. 4, 2015, 1:20 p.m.

A good way to solve this would be to implement a "zoom" mode for the camera, which would put you in first person mode and allow you to aim more efficiently in such situations.

Aug. 5, 2015, 5:26 a.m.

Right now most of the ships have the same amount of weapons on the bottom of the ships as on the top. Ships that don't are because of limited firing angles, such as the Artillery Cruisers and some Corvettes. So firepower isn't ever really an issue; however there is only one camera currently in game. This doesn't hinder you really but it is best practice to not let people get under you.

Very early on we tried a few different camera angles including an almost first person view from above the bridge. However, we had to put those things on hold and focused on the core of the game first. If there is enough interest from the community this could very well be something we add in later on. I for one loved some of the older cameras and would like to see them added back in.

Joshua "Dark_Fox_" Morrison
3D Artist, YAGER

Aug. 5, 2015, 5:18 p.m.

Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-3941)

Right now most of the ships have the same amount of weapons on the bottom of the ships as on the top. Ships that don't are because of limited firing angles, such as the Artillery Cruisers and some Corvettes. So firepower isn't ever really an issue; however there is only one camera currently in game. This doesn't hinder you really but it is best practice to not let people get under you.

Very early on we tried a few different camera angles including an almost first person view from above the bridge. However, we had to put those things on hold and focused on the core of the game first. If there is enough interest from the community this could very well be something we add in later on. I for one loved some of the older cameras and would like to see them added back in.

Very interesting. And yes, it would be cool to have the chance and try some different camera view.

Thank you Mr. Fox =)

Aug. 6, 2015, 2:14 a.m.

I think it's kinda interesting for gameplay sake to have a dead angle under the ship. It might help corvettes to get closer to their target without being pulverized to oblivion.

April 1, 2016, 10:40 a.m.

I'd second this....need to be able to implement a zoom ability...best with the scroll on mouse or something to allow to zoom out further with your ship to get a better view of the battle/other obstacles in your way

THD#8683 posted (#post-3930)

A good way to solve this would be to implement a "zoom" mode for the camera, which would put you in first person mode and allow you to aim more efficiently in such situations.

Fear nothing. Love nothing. Survive.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.