FORUMS

Speed has too many advantages

Posted: //
Oct. 19, 2017, 10:39 p.m.

No, not a vette complaint. If you know me I always say that vettes are fine. This is about speed in general. And I think this is the only imbalance issue I found in the game till now

Fast ships like Vigo, Vindicta, Aion and vettes in general have too much advantage, both offensive and defensive.

• Cover more grounds. Checked
  • Can out run missiles. Checked
  • Easier to dodge buleet. Checked
  • Easier to take cover. Checked
  • Can kill command ship before you even touch it. Checked
  • Can flank opponent. Checked

This is not just about the maneuverability, this is also about modules that empower speed such as assault thruster, evasive maneuver or dive maneuver.

Overall I found out that slow ships take the short end of the stick, unless you are medium or heavy dreads. No, the HP bonus doesn't help much, because when a destroyer can spit out 40k+ damage in 2 seconds, whether you have 20k or 40k HP it doesn't matter. The only way to fight against that is to be faster than him.

"But Nemo you nub, stasis pulse and missiles will kill you"

Sadly stasis missile doesn't disable evasive maneuver or blink warp. And pulse is only available on slowest ships in the game, making it next to impossible to catch any half-decent speed racer. Pulse is nice for defense though

Suggestion:

• Increase missiles travel distance. You can take cover with speed, but you should not out last the missiles.
  • Increase weapon damage of slow ship. I mean they are sitting ducks most of the time, let them hit harder. Their modules are the same as their fast counter part anyway
  • Increase turret turning speed on ships in general.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 19, 2017, 11:20 p.m.

I mean, they're lighter ships. They're supposed to be capable of covering more ground than large heavy ones. And that aspect doesn't really matter for tacs anyways when you have target warp.

They can outrun missiles? I don't think I've ever seen aions outrun missiles except for the heavy dread ones ._.

Easier to dodge shots, yeah. I feel that's justified though considering dreads have 9x/4x the hp, and a better shield consumption value

Easier to take cover, yeah. They're fragile, lol

Can kill CS before you touch it? So can dread, with multinuke, or at least get the kill. Artillery can as well with primary + mine catapult

Can flank opponent, so can arty (particularly nox) with mobile cloak, and dread with target warp

A destroyer can do 40k in 2 secs, sure. But it's burst is limited. Meanwhile a dread can jump into a team and pound away with plasma broadside and missiles on a 5-8 sec cd thanks to OB doing hundreds of thousands of damage before they die/jump away, all while redirecting the enemy team's focus.

Stasis doesn't affect BW or EM...so? It only bumps the target in a direction, they're still entirely vulnerable, it's just now they're vulnerable a few meters away from their old position lol

Increasing missile travel distance is pointless imo, and doesn't seem logical. I feel like their speed should straight up n increased. It doesn't make sense, especially in an atmosphere that a relatively large ship outspeeds a tiny missile.. but then again not too fast, or it will render vettes and all but heavy destroyer useless.

Not a fan of increasing weapon damage, any flak, especially on big ships already chews up anything smaller with ease. I'd be a fan of heavy weapons that charge up in damage exponentially (longer they power up, increasingly harder they hit) so slugfests are less about modules as they are rn, but so that any shot aimed at a vette doesn't mean instadeath. Then again, maybe making vettes hard af to play is a good thing..?

Oct. 19, 2017, 11:31 p.m.

I can agree with these points. Ive outran plenty of missiles before and found it a bit... easy I guess. I mean unless you take cover or have a missile defense system, avoiding the dmg from the missiles shouldnt just be a case of throwing on your afterburners.

Oct. 20, 2017, 2:51 a.m.

Increasing the turn speed of turrets will mean the faster ships can do it too. Is it wise to give a ship that travels at breakneck speed the ability to rake you as they fly past?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 20, 2017, 3:32 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-158391)

Increasing the turn speed of turrets will mean the faster ships can do it too. Is it wise to give a ship that travels at breakneck speed the ability to rake you as they fly past?

It's only meaningful if they are passing another fast ship. If you are a slow ship vs a fast ship, the fast one doesn't need quick turret turning to fling bullets at you, because you can barely move.

If it's fast ship vs fast ship then all is fair in love and war.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 20, 2017, 3:45 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-158397)

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-158391)

It's only meaningful if they are passing another fast ship. If you are a slow ship vs a fast ship, the fast one doesn't need quick turret turning to fling bullets at you, because you can barely move.

If it's fast ship vs fast ship then all is fair in love and war.

I don't think it's the turn speed that's the problem, but the travel time of the shots. trying to get the turret in front of the target when you turret turn speed will match the target.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 20, 2017, 5:16 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-158398)

I don't think it's the turn speed that's the problem, but the travel time of the shots. trying to get the turret in front of the target when you turret turn speed will match the target.

The actual crosshair cannot follow your target cursor if you move quickly. That's the main problem with turret speed. If you don't move your cursor (i.e. your target doesn't move much) then it works fine

Projectiles speed isn't much of a problem because once you play a ship long enough, you can time it because it is static. Turning speed however just doesn't work. You can see this most clearly in case of heavy/medium arty, where your crosshair can follow your cursor, because the turret itself doesn't move. You just need to time the projectile speed.

Oct. 20, 2017, 11:50 a.m.

This is funny. I am gettin into the jutland, destroying players in weaker ships and a Dreadnought too OP/broken thread appears. I am crushing t2's with my corvette (23h played with it already) because they are ease targets, billions of Vettes OP threads appear. I am rushing to the enemy command ship asap with the vindica, farming kills (fair gameplay, learn to protect it) and this thread pops up.

Lol.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Oct. 20, 2017, 12:22 p.m.

Those threads aren’t because of you buddy don’t flatter urself. Back to topic: I’d feel this has to be a very big problem for PS4 version if not worst on PS4 with speeds.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 20, 2017, 12:30 p.m.

Those threads aren’t because of you buddy don’t flatter urself.

Phew, thanks bud smile

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.