No, not a vette complaint. If you know me I always say that vettes are fine. This is about speed in general. And I think this is the only imbalance issue I found in the game till now
Fast ships like Vigo, Vindicta, Aion and vettes in general have too much advantage, both offensive and defensive.
- Cover more grounds. Checked
- Can out run missiles. Checked
- Easier to dodge buleet. Checked
- Easier to take cover. Checked
- Can kill command ship before you even touch it. Checked
- Can flank opponent. Checked
This is not just about the maneuverability, this is also about modules that empower speed such as assault thruster, evasive maneuver or dive maneuver.
Overall I found out that slow ships take the short end of the stick, unless you are medium or heavy dreads. No, the HP bonus doesn't help much, because when a destroyer can spit out 40k+ damage in 2 seconds, whether you have 20k or 40k HP it doesn't matter. The only way to fight against that is to be faster than him.
"But Nemo you nub, stasis pulse and missiles will kill you"
Sadly stasis missile doesn't disable evasive maneuver or blink warp. And pulse is only available on slowest ships in the game, making it next to impossible to catch any half-decent speed racer. Pulse is nice for defense though
- Increase missiles travel distance. You can take cover with speed, but you should not out last the missiles.
- Increase weapon damage of slow ship. I mean they are sitting ducks most of the time, let them hit harder. Their modules are the same as their fast counter part anyway
- Increase turret turning speed on ships in general.