FORUMS

VoiceAttack is Brilliant!! Voice Control PC Game Key-Binding App. (Just say BLINK!)

Posted: //
Oct. 15, 2016, 7:59 p.m.

Not sure if anyone else uses it and many people I know never even heard of it. It's a voice to keybinding PC gaming voice command app and it is absolutely brilliant.

https://voiceattack.com/

$10 USD for the Full Version.

The voice recognition is spot on right out of the box (so to speak). Zero recognition errors and instant activation.

Fast configuration. All you do is make the profile choose a new command, type the name it is called and map it to a key press (or macro key combo), choose key press attribute (press, hold, hold release, etc) The name you type for the command is the name you say to activate it. That's it..

No voice training/learning mode. It uses the built in windows speech recognition engine. Works seamlessly in Win 7,8 and 10. It recognizes the phonetic pronunciation of the names you type for the commands without ANY error for me so far. Been using it for couple years, mainly in Elite Dangerous and a few others.

I've mapped the energy wheel F keys and get instant activation on saying "Weapons", "Thrust or Engines", "Shield". Love it for weapon modules. Just say "Blink or Jump", "Nuke", "Pulse", "Torpedo".. whatever.

It's so fast and responsive and second nature that I don't miss using key bindings for these functions one bit and greatly appreciate the seamless immersion. Love it for this game. Only problem really is when i want to use it in MP while on TeamSpeak with voice activation, then I have to switch TS to Push to Talk.

BTW, I've not noticed any significant delay between saying a short named command vs just pressing the appropriate key, even though it may take a split second longer. I may lose that time fumbling for the right key in that moment anyways so probably more advantageous for an old fart like me anyways, lol.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw it out there. smile

Oct. 15, 2016, 8:16 p.m.

That is a pretty cool idea, although I imagine the family would think I had gone a little too far if I started talking to my ship.

Oct. 16, 2016, 11:39 p.m.

So funny you mention it as my family had no idea about the program and at first thought I had some weird G Rated form of Tourettes, LOL.

Oct. 18, 2016, 12:03 p.m.

this reads a lot like an ad but i'm actually kind of interested anyway

Oct. 18, 2016, 4:50 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 18, 2016, 5:15 p.m.

An AD? I'm just sharing how much I like VoiceAttack for this game, nothing more. I also love my G700s mouse as well for this game but mentioning that is not meant to be some "plug" either. smile

No one is paying me to say these things. Just wanted to share how much fun it is for me among a community of like minded peers that may or may not find similar enjoyment if they find this cool to play with. Considering many friends did not even know of such an app I figured Id spread the word and let others decide if it sounds cool to them too.

I have never enjoyed any other game with VA than Dreadnought. I love it!

What doesn't feel more Captain like than being able to verbally shout out commands to your crew and and "Make it So"! (ala Picard) smile

EDIT:

Ya, I read my original post and does start out like a freeking ad. It was not my intention to sound like a salesman.. IDK.. maybe it was in a way since I love it and wanted others to love it like I do. Whatever, sorry if it is inappropriate as my intentions were genuine and personal.

I am really sorry if anyone thinks I'm shilling or something to that effect. I am not. If I am breaking any rules here I sincerely apologize and would ask the mods to remove this post in that case.

Thanks again for this great community and such a great game!

Oct. 18, 2016, 10:35 p.m.

hi,i,m using VA in Star Citizen ,yes it is amazing,can you send me profil for dred (if you mind ofcourse)

Oct. 19, 2016, midnight

Updated //
Oct. 19, 2016, 12:11 a.m.

I don't think my profile would be of any use to you. All my keybindings are remapped from defaults and VA is using those remapped keys. I use the numpad for movement, not typical wasd. So all other module keys and energy wheel shortcut keys are mapped to surrounding numpad and adjacent area (arrow keys and delete, end, home, insert, etc).

I have mapped energy wheel functions to verbal commands so I can say "Thrust", "Shields", "Weapons", "Off."

I wish short commands had individual key bindings so I could map verbal commands for need repairs and attack this target, etc.

I have mapped modules to generic verbal commands like: One, Two, Three, Four so they can be interchangeable between different ships and loadouts that I have not yet made specific named commands for.

I have also mapped modules to specific verbal commands in ship loadouts that usually remain in that same module slot I use most often so I can say "Blink" for all forms of Blink Drive since they are all in module one. Same with "Broadside", "Cloak" and "Nuke" since all those module names are also bound to the same module one key and used appropriately depending on the ship/loadout you choose. I can also just say "One".

Say "Torpedos" for any form of torpedo in module two, or just say "Two". Or whatever you decide to call your modules in that slot for your chosen ship/loadout.

"Pulse" or "Three" is mapped to the module 3 Key. Etc.

"Boost" for module 4 Afterburner loadout for the Corvette. Or just say "Four"

See, I like to choose the shortest recognizable word I can define for each function which saves activation time. I rather say "Boost", "Turbo" or whatever short one syllable word or just "Four" RATHER than use "Afterburner" which is slightly longer to pronounce and cause delay in activation.

For Energy Wheel Engines key I say "Thrust" because it s slightly shorter to say. Single syllable words are best .

Anyways always happy to share!

Take Care smile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.