FORUMS

Go up in Rank, earn medals?

Posted: //
Aug. 7, 2015, 3:45 p.m.

Just wondering, I imagine one must "create" a captain and then? After earning points knocking out opponents, does one go up in rank & earn medals, or do you have something else planned?

Aug. 7, 2015, 4:01 p.m.

As you can read here (https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/826/ around the mid-low part of the first post) for now there is a progression of the ships. The more you use them, the more weapons/modules/perks you unlock.

Aug. 7, 2015, 4:04 p.m.

as far as i know we will gain ranks of some sort for our captains as well as leveling up our crew for better stats. during the match there will be "ribbons" for meeting certain requirements (for example a double kill etc.).
they did say that there will be ranked matchmaking so we will naturally have to have some sort of ELO rating to determine matchmaking teams.
other that that i think there will also be crafting of some sort? (not sure on this one, i think there were some hints in the first devstream?)
and of course eventually we will see the singleplayer campaign as well

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:59 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback! Was hoping something like that, with those ranked matchs, would come out. Otherwise would be rather unfair for newbies, they would just get slaughtered, wouldn't make much fun!

Aug. 10, 2015, 7:20 a.m.

Hm, medals, steam-success-stuff :D
You will also unlock camos&paint-jobs + other stuff for your ship by just leveling up your Char&your ship, I have heard.

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Aug. 11, 2015, 4:39 a.m.

Hmm...in the gamescom trailer it says you have to get more experienced to own your own fleet or something like that? Does that mean...you will have to buy the heavy class ships first?

Medals...shiny! :D

Wonder how they will build in the progression at the end.

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:14 a.m.

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4282)

Hmm...in the gamescom trailer it says you have to get more experienced to own your own fleet or something like that? Does that mean...you will have to buy the heavy class ships first?

Medals...shiny! :D

Wonder how they will build in the progression at the end.

I have bad memory, but they said that the at the release the game will give you 15 ships (5 classes and 3 subclasses). So no, no ships will be sold. Unlocked in some way(from the campaign, or levelling up a specific class), but not sold.

IMHO.

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:24 a.m.

With sold i mean with ingame currency. Not with real money. So, you have to fight battles to earn ingame currencies and then you should be able to buy the ships. ^^

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:27 a.m.

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4323)

With sold i mean with ingame currency. Not with real money. So, you have to fight battles to earn ingame currencies and then you should be able to buy the ships. ^^

Ok than =)
Anyway, I have no idea how they are going to give us the ships: there hasn't been much talk about it.

Aug. 11, 2015, 8:50 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 11, 2015, 8:51 a.m.

Man, unlocking Decals for your ship will be cool.
Like having a big anchor on the front of your space-ship and painted above it in pink "Mother's fav" xD
(Or just a Revolver would do the job for me ;) )

A bit like Planetside2-customization ^^

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.