FORUMS

Founder packs, worth getting?

Posted: //
Oct. 23, 2017, 8:54 a.m.

Quick question for all you experienced players out there. Are the founder packs worth the expence? Im thinking about the mercenary open beta pack.

Thanks in advance!

Oct. 23, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

If you value the looks of the ships, as Hero/Premium ships are just for the looks, they do not really have any other use, then the founders package is worth it, as Hero Ships are rather expensive the price of the package is pretty nice.

You can use the Hero Ships, and they even grant a slight bonus on xp and creds if you use them, but their xp is locked to them and you would need additional money to get it to other ships.

Recruit Engineer

Oct. 23, 2017, 10:25 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 23, 2017, 10:29 a.m.

I got the Mercenary pack (in US Dollars so my calcs below are based on that). I am happy with the purchase. It really is a steal if you think about it.

What you get...

3000gp

2 tier 2 ships - cheapest tier 2 ship is 350gp x 2= 700gp

5 tier 4 ships - cheapest tier 4 ship is 4000gp x 5 = 20000gp

30 days of elite status = 1200gp

8 coatings usable on all ships lines - cheapest coating pack right now is bun bun at 1100gp. Not adding to total since the coatings would be factored into ship costs.

2 emblems usable on all ship lines - cheapest emblem pack right now is reaper at 800gp. Not adding to total since the emblems would be factored into ship costs.

9 decals usable on all ship lines - cheapest decal pack right now is bun bun at 500gp. Not adding to total since the decals would be factored into ship costs.

You get access to unique forecastle, hull, bridge and stern pieces from the Outis, Morningstar, Kali and the Silesia. Not adding to total since the pieces would be factored into ship costs.

3000gp+700gp+20000gp+1200gp=24900gp

14000gp costs $100usd

24900/14000x100= $177usd

You get that for $60 and you get four passes for friends that give them

250gp
tier 2 ship 350gp
tier 4 ship 4000gp
250gp+350gp+4000gp=4600gp

4600gpx4 packs = 18400gp

18400/14000x100 = $131usd

Including what you give your friends you are getting over $300 worth of stuff for $60.

Even is people argue that my number are off, no matter how far off, the $60 is a huge deal....

Oct. 23, 2017, 2:36 p.m.

It's a good deal in terms of what it would cost if you bought the stuff individually. In terms of what you actually get though, well, I bought it as I want to support the game. Hero ships though don't work quite the same as premium vehicles in other games. My issues with them are that free xp costs too much GP to be useful, and you don't get much of a credit bonus using one so they're fairly pointless to have once you've unlocked the equivalent ship in its tier. Also the models are the same so you don't get much of a gee whiz factor other than the paint job.

IMHO buy it if you want to support the game, and/or like the cosmetics. Don't buy it if you expect it to do much for you in game.

Oct. 23, 2017, 9:27 p.m.

Wait till they fix the game before you invest.

Oct. 23, 2017, 9:27 p.m.

Wait till they fix the game before you invest.

Oct. 24, 2017, 11:50 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 11:51 a.m.

I think at this time a founders pack is basically an investment in the game to show you support it.
I got the veteran pack and have spent a bit on gold for skins and such... Honestly I think the game needs a lot more stuff - but I like it and I think its good to show support.

Is the game something you come back to regularly? Do you like the ideas behind it? Do you think it has potential?

For myself - I prefer DN to Fractured Space, for example, where I also invested 40 - 50 euros. I think DN with a few more ideas and options will be great, but the game needs to build its user base a bit. "investing" makes me feel like I have a commitment to the game and it stops being an F2P throwaway...

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

Oct. 24, 2017, 9:41 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 9:44 p.m.

You DON'T support bad decisions. I wouldn't put another dime into this game for the simple fact, that is the ONLY thing the developers are encouraging at this point.

They don't listen to players, they don't fix bugs, they don't do anything that I would consider worthy of supporting. The game was DONE, DEVELOPED and POLISHED back in 2014. The only thing that has been added since then is new ways to get you to open your wallet.

If you keep throwing money at them, all your going to do is feed their ego that they are developing the game in a enjoyable way. When in reality, there is nothing that could be further from the truth.

That would be like my kid bringing home his report card with all "F's" and I take him to the store to get Ice Cream. How does that make sense? It doesn't and supporting Dreadnought with your wallet is the last thing the community should be doing at this point.

Oct. 25, 2017, 4:02 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 25, 2017, 7:07 a.m.

Redneck#3287 posted (#post-161239)

You DON'T support bad decisions. I wouldn't put another dime into this game for the simple fact, that is the ONLY thing the developers are encouraging at this point.

They don't listen to players, they don't fix bugs, they don't do anything that I would consider worthy of supporting. The game was DONE, DEVELOPED and POLISHED back in 2014. The only thing that has been added since then is new ways to get you to open your wallet.

If you keep throwing money at them, all your going to do is feed their ego that they are developing the game in a enjoyable way. When in reality, there is nothing that could be further from the truth.

That would be like my kid bringing home his report card with all "F's" and I take him to the store to get Ice Cream. How does that make sense? It doesn't and supporting Dreadnought with your wallet is the last thing the community should be doing at this point.

I know some people have been here since alpha. Have you? If not how do you know the game was done in 2014? I've seen technical demos before too. Remember a game called ALIENS: Colonial Marines? The game Demo we saw of that 2-3 years before it came out looked amazing, the game we got was nothing like the technical demo they showed at E3. Gear Box took SEGA's money(Probably spent it on Borderlands) then gave the game to a 3rd party to develop. The finished product was garbage.

My point is, just because something looks finished in a technical demo, will not translate into a game that is ready to go there and then.

On topic:
OP it's your call, if you find value in the packs then get them. It's really a personal choice thing in the end.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 25, 2017, 5:18 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 25, 2017, 5:20 a.m.

Redneck#3287 posted (#post-161239)

Im sensing frustration - but i think its a different conversation.
Does OP enjoy the game as it is? If so its perfectly reasonable stick a few bucks in it.

I enjoy the game and have bought the mercenary pack... And I have hopes the game will develop eventually to where it needs to be. They release maps and try to fix things, but are a small team so.. its gonna take a while. But that doesnt mean the current game is worthless or not worth investing in - it just means that in a few years you may not wish to invest any more - as you have chose to do. Fair enough I suppose.

To your last point: If the community doesnt support Dreadnought with their wallets the game dies. End of story. Its not a charity.- They have bills to pay and children to feed like the rest of us. If the game fails to be commercially viable then it shuts down and then you get NOTHING. And that's a bad investment in anyones book.

tl:dr if you like the game support it. The devs are obviously working on things but its taking time. The more support they get the better it will be - but no support = no game.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.