FORUMS

The Uninstall Thread

Posted: //
Oct. 24, 2017, 11:24 a.m.

Sleipnir#5272 posted (#post-161157)

Same old people to the rescue of the devs... You guys don't get tired doing the devs job?

I'm not here to save the Devs, have a look at my post history. There are many things I my self are not happy with, such as T2's being in Veteran matches, I just said the XP bug should have been picked up by QA. Hardly defending. But I do understand everything is not black and while. I also understand there is no "magic fix button" that the Devs are not using.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 24, 2017, 12:08 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-161019)

What server problems are you talking about? Could this be tied to your ISP? Have you contacted support? You so know that bug fixing us not easy right. When tou fix a big you have to make sure you don't add more. I've played other games that have taken years to fix bugs that where there at launch. Like one game i played on one map an event was bugged for 3 years. 3 years. But you know what people understood that sometimes fixing things is not easy. But as a game Developer your self you know better right?

Yes we all want the game to work. In a perfect world there would be no bugs. I do agree some bugs should no make it in to release like the XP bug we had with 1.9.0. With that said, s**t happens. Game is in Beta too. No one is making you spend money, so that is a mute point.

The XP bug for example is nothing new. It doesn't appear with the 1.9.0 patch. This bug is existing for months now. And this is not something small, it is one of the key mechanics. And the fact you CAN spend money for a not working system is unashamedly. And yes iam not a game developer, but i work for a software company and i work very often with the developers and the software coders. I have seen games which are complex like this where you can report a bug and it get fixed in days. And they have a way smaller staff then Yager and SixFoot.
Of course bugs happen. But it's there job to fix them, BEFORE they work on the next big thing. And the Beta argument is done. If you have a marketing campaign for a product i can expect it's working. I have seen advertise for this game on 6 different websites now. It's not a Beta. It's released.

Oct. 24, 2017, 12:10 p.m.

Oh okay, they don't respond to the official forum but chat it up on discord.

Oct. 24, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

Sleipnir#5272 posted (#post-161157)

Same old people to the rescue of the devs... You guys don't get tired doing the devs job?

We like the game, you don't like the game. Why criticize us if we don't criticize you?

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 24, 2017, 1:02 p.m.

Stevalkes#1871 posted (#post-161167)

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-161019)

What server problems are you talking about? Could this be tied to your ISP? Have you contacted support? You so know that bug fixing us not easy right. When tou fix a big you have to make sure you don't add more. I've played other games that have taken years to fix bugs that where there at launch. Like one game i played on one map an event was bugged for 3 years. 3 years. But you know what people understood that sometimes fixing things is not easy. But as a game Developer your self you know better right?

Yes we all want the game to work. In a perfect world there would be no bugs. I do agree some bugs should no make it in to release like the XP bug we had with 1.9.0. With that said, s**t happens. Game is in Beta too. No one is making you spend money, so that is a mute point.

The XP bug for example is nothing new. It doesn't appear with the 1.9.0 patch. This bug is existing for months now. And this is not something small, it is one of the key mechanics. And the fact you CAN spend money for a not working system is unashamedly. And yes iam not a game developer, but i work for a software company and i work very often with the developers and the software coders. I have seen games which are complex like this where you can report a bug and it get fixed in days. And they have a way smaller staff then Yager and SixFoot.
Of course bugs happen. But it's there job to fix them, BEFORE they work on the next big thing. And the Beta argument is done. If you have a marketing campaign for a product i can expect it's working. I have seen advertise for this game on 6 different websites now. It's not a Beta. It's released.

No one is being forced to spend money on this game. That's fact number 1.

Secondly. Then you know bugs happen, but do you know fixing one bug can bring more? One ing the favoret rhymes a guy that use to work with me that did all the tech support for our department, was "99 bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, take one down move code around, 123 bugs in the code." If these company's can have a turnaround of bug fixes that quick, then they are not big problems and the code is not that complex.

Yes there are bugs that have been around for months. Other games have bugs that have been around for years, some that are there from launch. Like guild wars 2, I remember a bug that was on one of the dungeon paths that had been there from launch, where a boss would become friendly and would block progress, didn't get fixed for 2-3 years.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Oct. 24, 2017, 2:04 p.m.

i think i can sort out the misunderstandings happening in this topic. anyone who takes the time to say anything in here obviously likes the game, if they didn't care or hated dreadnought, they wouldn't say anything. it's not the game they hate, it's the people running it they don't like. everyone likes the ship battles, the graphics, the ship architecture, the class diversity, the overall foundation for the game everyone likes. the system for leveling, ship builds, or specific weapons and abilities or the matchmaking system there is no question most people hate some part of it.

what's happening here is a black and white emotional reaction to negative criticism from people who are really invested in liking this game. if someone hates 1 part of dreadnought they automatically must hate all of it and respond accordingly. just because someone hates the leveling grind doesn't mean they hate everything about dreadnought, just that one part. who's responsible for the leveling grind? the dev team, easy.

another problem i see is blind obedience from people in here. the dev team is "transparent" "they answer questions" "go to the discord server and talk to them"

i've spent a lot of time in discord and not once have i had the opportunity to speak to someone who has any kind of authority in there, even if i did, i doubt anything i say will actually affect any change in the game. so this statement is false. these forums are loaded with simple problems that should be fixed but go ignored month after month, talking to the dev team means nothing if they dont actually act on feedback from the players.

2nd, dev team says they are being "transparent" doesn't actually mean anything. just because i say i look like brad pitt doesn't automatically make me look like brad pitt in real life. look at everything they say they are going to do and how much of it have they actually done? leveling grind is slower when they said they would speed it up, they have created more buggs then fixes and the game is still horribly unbalanced when they said they would improve these "qualitys of life." they do weekly posts and "Community updates" to keep everyone informed on what they are doing. why? you can see what they are doing in the game and how it performs, just because they take 10 minutes to make a statement saying "everything is sunshine and rainbows" doesn't change the reality that broke is broke.

point is, just because the dev team says something on their web site doesn't make it true. their trend is actually doing the opposite of what they say. if they were really making changes that made the game better we would be seeing them in the game! the only big change i've noticed is it doesn't take 15 minutes of queue time to get into a vet match anymore, beyond that, i'd love to hear why the light beam turrets on the vindy are completely pointless and why it takes a full clip of jutland primary cannons to kill 1 assault ship in onslaught.

Oct. 24, 2017, 2:25 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 2:27 p.m.

Only if some developers are even worse doesn't make this one good. And if you have problems you can tell it to the players. We have problems with the XP, we dont know how this happens or when. Please help us and make screenshots, tell us which gamemode, etc. They have a forum. But the Devs don't use it. As far i know only the guys from Greybox, who report bugs to the devs.

And yes you didn't get forced to spend money. But you can for something that isn't working. And the Salesman (Yager, SixFoot, Greybox) know that the product is not working. And they don't tell the costumer (player) that the product is not working.

If i buy a car and pay something more to get a GPS i can expect that the GPS i actually there right now and not in 1 year. I don't have to buy the GPS, but they give me the offer. And if you offer something that is not there thats i bad, no matter uif i buy it or not.

If someone is OK with that, that's fine. I don't say to anyone stop playing the game. If you like it you can play it till your keyboard is broken. But for me this game is fraud. And for me Greybox and Sixfoot and Yager are now companys which can't be trusted anymore.

Oct. 24, 2017, 2:27 p.m.

Shatzbot, no fix is an easy fix. Unless you've seen the source code for the game, and know the ins and outs of this games code you can not say a fix is easy.

Don't get things twisted, this is not me defending anyone, this is me working with programmers for years and seeing first hand how long it can take to fix a "simple" problem.

Oct. 24, 2017, 3:57 p.m.

well there is two conclusions to your statement, dreadnought is a unfinished game and was released early broke. or we should expect game breaking glitches and balancing to take unreasonably long amounts of time to fix when other games far more complex with much bigger player bases take less. neither of those sound good, most people will and have left to go play something else with their time.

Oct. 24, 2017, 4:30 p.m.

Shazbot1#1608 posted (#post-161205)

well there is two conclusions to your statement, dreadnought is a unfinished game and was released early broke. or we should expect game breaking glitches and balancing to take unreasonably long amounts of time to fix when other games far more complex with much bigger player bases take less. neither of those sound good, most people will and have left to go play something else with their time.

Look man I understand your annoyed, but think of it this way. Would you spend.money on something like a car or what ever with out checking it out first? Check online to see what common problems the make/model has. Read reviews etc? I know when ever I spend money I make sure I'm not wasting it.

The game has a big fat Beta sticker on it. If people want to throw money at a game that is in Beta, then that's up to them. They should.know what Beta means and be aware that things can and will brake/change. We all want things fixed faster, it's the world we live in today where you can get almost everything very quickly, we hardly have to wait for anything. I think this is why people don't have patience anymore.

This game is far from.perfect, the Devs have said they know it's not perfect. If you've had enough that's fine, I've walked away from game that I had invested a lot of money in, as well as seen games I spend hundreds of pounds on get shut down.

I get it I do, you like this game but hate parts of it with a passion, and that's good. Because that means your not just complaining for the sake of it. But you also have to understand that change takes time. Fixes are not as state forward as we would like them to be.

I saw a picture on Facebook today that reminded me just how annoying coding can be. It went like this:

What would win in a fight. A line of Code, or a miss placed semicolon.

If you know anything about coding you'll k ow the answer.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.