FORUMS

well this stinks, everything going to plan

Posted: //
Oct. 24, 2017, 12:42 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 12:53 p.m.

"we feel pretty comfortable about the progression speed now and would love to hear your thoughts!"

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/dreadnought-community-update-10202017/ 3rd paragraph

you asked for it

progression speed is a freaking joke! it's slower, not faster. if this game awarded the players ALL, i repeat ALL the points they are suppose to get it might be acceptable, but this is not even close. you guys nerf bated the progression speed bad after 1.9.1 and now everyone is slowed to a crawl your happy.

lets start with command ship kills, i cannot count how many times i've done over 50% of the damage to kill that thing and been given zero, kill assists with stasis ammo, zero, general kill assists, zero, final blows, zero, do 75% of total damage to anything and get ZERO. the list goes on and on and your comfortable? the only healers left are complete die-hards, now it's match after match of healer-less teams since you took away their healing xp rewards... and your comfortable?

im not actually sure why im even bothering to type this, i know these words are falling on deaf ears. you guys running this game want people to progress so slowly, everyone will quit, and there will be 10 people left willing to put up with it before you "might" double check yourselves and what your doing.

i might as well mention the horrific lag i have been getting post 1.9.1. it's so bad now i cannot kill assault ships or fighters in onslaught mode at point blank range. vets, are permanent god mod, what i'm seeing is about 3 seconds behind whats happening, i have to aim about 4 inches in front of what ever i'm shooting at to maybe land a hit. when i ram people i have to aim where the ship is going to be, aim for empty air, not where it actually is. 1.9.0 almost no lag problems, 1.9.1 over half my matches are extremely laggy. thank god there is no punishment for leaving matches. i actually get more points if i ditch the laggy match early to find one with a good ping rate, even if it's 2 or 3 attempts.

battle bonus? win, it's on cool down, loose it's on cool down? i don't recall seeing anything in patch notes about having to buy BB after every match no matter what. how about contracts? do these actually award anything? i don't think they do lol. when i complete 1 nothing changes haha

so your comfortable. im comfortable also. i didn't spend the money to create fund and maintain this game so i sleep easy at night, and this also means my opinion is worthless. dreadnought is in a interesting place having no real other substitute on the market right now, people like me are willing to tolerate a lot more then usual. this will not be true 6 months from now.

you wont see me post some rant about why i'm leaving, i'll just be gone, like a lot of other people are already gone without telling you why. people you never new played dreadnought, hated it and left the first day. i see the front page of these forums and they still have my posts from WEEKS ago, no new comments, not being pushed to the bottom by new topics... just sitting there, lifeless, like the player population is now, lifeless, keep up the good work! glad to hear the dev team is comfortable, if i were running things, i would never have to explain anything like sixfot and greybox do, changes would just make sense to people playing the game.

Oct. 24, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

As Shaz has said, I do sometimes feel that points reward/score awarded on kills, both of enemy ships AI and player can be a little lacking, the trick I've found is just to put power to weapons on the last few command ship hits usually grants you at least an assist, but using sneaky tactics like that I assume only takes the opportunity of that reward away from another friendly player?
Its much the same story with enemy player ship kills, I do sometimes wonder if people 'poach' other friendly players kills and assists with well timed shots and power to weapons.
Obviously that situation could easily be improved by awarding points equal to the amount of damage each friendly has contributed to an enemy kill, instead of an all-or-nothing affair.

General progression wise in game, I don't think the DN team ought to be saying things like they thing they are happy with the current state of progression, and for one very glaring obvious reason....

If progression was in a good state, there shouldn't be anyone complaining about getting Legendary matches or having to que for long periods for a Legendary match. This can be reduced to two components:

1. Progression should be faster to get players into Legendary matches, however there will be those that will argue about how hard they worked to unlock T5 ships and be useful in Legendary, so....

2. If progression generally (through T1 to T5) was faster I'm sure there would be more people continuing to play Dreadnought, because lets face facts, the grind in this game turns alot of people away, example; I brought three friends into Dreadnought when I started playing, none of them play any longer, mainly because they couldn't stomach the grind and bad matchmaking

I want to see Dreadnought as a game and hopefully as an ongoing franchise succeed, I think its fun and has real potential, however I do think progression requires more development work, it might be comparatively balanced right now as far as the Devs see things, but for the players I think most would hold a different opinion.

Thanks, Ebz

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 24, 2017, 1:23 p.m.

As Shaz has said, I do sometimes feel that points reward/score awarded on kills, both of enemy ships AI and player can be a little lacking, the trick I've found is just to put power to weapons on the last few command ship hits usually grants you at least an assist, but using sneaky tactics like that I assume only takes the opportunity of that reward away from another friendly player?
It’s much the same story with enemy player ship kills, I do sometimes wonder if people 'poach' other friendly players kills and assists with well-timed shots and power to weapons.
Obviously that situation could easily be improved by awarding points equal to the amount of damage each friendly has contributed to an enemy kill, instead of an all-or-nothing affair.

General progression wise in game, I don't think the DN team ought to be saying things like they think they are happy with the current state of progression, and for one very glaring obvious reason....

If progression was in a good state, there shouldn't be anyone complaining about getting Legendary matches or having to que for long periods for a Legendary match. This can be reduced to two components:

1. Progression should be faster to get players into Legendary matches, however there will be those that will argue about how hard they worked to unlock T5 ships and be useful in Legendary, so....

2. If progression generally (through T1 to T5) was faster I'm sure there would be more people continuing to play Dreadnought, because let’s face facts, the grind in this game turns a lot of people away, example; I brought three friends into Dreadnought when I started playing, none of them play any longer, mainly because they couldn't stomach the grind and bad matchmaking

I want to see Dreadnought as a game and hopefully as an ongoing franchise succeed, I think it’s fun and has real potential, however I do think progression requires more development work, it might be comparatively balanced right now as far as the Devs see things, but for the players I think most would hold a different opinion.

I’ve said this before in other posts, I’d personally like to see a slight increase in research points and a larger increase in credits awarded per match.

Thanks, Ebz

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oct. 24, 2017, 1:29 p.m.

It’s much the same story with enemy player ship kills, I do sometimes wonder if people 'poach' other friendly players kills and assists with well-timed shots and power to weapons.

General progression wise in game, I don't think the DN team ought to be saying things like they think they are happy with the current state of progression, and for one very glaring obvious reason....

If progression was in a good state, there shouldn't be anyone complaining about getting Legendary matches or having to que for long periods for a Legendary match. (Players should NOT have to organise Legendary fleets in Discord in order to try and get them working in game, that’s not acceptable from a game development standpoint.) This can be reduced to two components:

2. If progression generally (through T1 to T5) was faster I'm sure there would be more people continuing to play Dreadnought, because let’s face facts, the grind in this game turns a lot of people away, example; I brought three friends into Dreadnought when I started playing, none of them play any longer, mainly because they couldn't stomach the grind and bad matchmaking

I want to see Dreadnought as a game and hopefully as an ongoing franchise succeed, I think it’s fun and has real potential, however I do think progression requires more development work, it might be comparatively balanced right now as far as the Devs see things, but for the players I think most would hold a different opinion.

I’ve said this before in other posts, I’d personally like to see a slight increase in research points and a larger increase in credits awarded per match.

On a slightly different subject I think other than progression, points score, and as I said above problems with Legendary matches, I think these issues also need to be addresses:

Team Elimination no longer ‘reasonably’ accessible (and contracts for TE still in rotation need to be removed)
Spawn mechanics in match
Forums constantly being spammed
Re-balance of ships and ship weapons systems
More varied/configurable ship configs
Additional PVE content with reasonable progression rewards

Thanks, Ebz

Oct. 24, 2017, 1:30 p.m.

If progression was in a good state, there shouldn't be anyone complaining about getting Legendary matches or having to que for long periods for a Legendary match. (Players should NOT have to organise Legendary fleets in Discord in order to try and get them working in game, that’s not acceptable from a game development standpoint.) This can be reduced to two components:

On a slightly different subject I think other than progression, points score, and as I said above problems with Legendary matches, I think these issues also need to be addresses:

Team Elimination no longer ‘reasonably’ accessible (and contracts for TE still in rotation need to be removed)
Spawn mechanics in match
Forums constantly being spammed
Re-balance of ships and ship weapons systems
More varied/configurable ship configs
Additional PVE content with reasonable progression rewards

Thanks, Ebz

Oct. 24, 2017, 2:44 p.m.

the rewards are all about the last bullet in this game. the game doesn't care who did the first 99% of damage, who ever does the last 1% gets the glory, the others are chopped liver. this system is selfish, it punishes those who put in the hard work of beating a target down to low life.

it's clear this is how the dev team wants their game to be... so prepare to lose all the people that disagree with it because it's not going to change.

Oct. 24, 2017, 3:01 p.m.

I totally agree with you. I am into the grind now, atleast a bit. But...

lets start with command ship kills

My grind in a nutshell. I spam onslaught and farm command ship kills. Tac cruisers seems a bit pointless. Score is a bit lacking sometimes, please improve.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Oct. 24, 2017, 3:34 p.m.

Shazbot1#1608 posted (#post-161174)

"we feel pretty comfortable about the progression speed now and would love to hear your thoughts!"

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/news/dreadnought-community-update-10202017/ 3rd paragraph

you asked for it

progression speed is a freaking joke! it's slower, not faster. if this game awarded the players ALL, i repeat ALL the points they are suppose to get it might be acceptable, but this is not even close. you guys nerf bated the progression speed bad after 1.9.1 and now everyone is slowed to a crawl your happy.

lets start with command ship kills, i cannot count how many times i've done over 50% of the damage to kill that thing and been given zero, kill assists with stasis ammo, zero, general kill assists, zero, final blows, zero, do 75% of total damage to anything and get ZERO. the list goes on and on and your comfortable? the only healers left are complete die-hards, now it's match after match of healer-less teams since you took away their healing xp rewards... and your comfortable?

im not actually sure why im even bothering to type this, i know these words are falling on deaf ears. you guys running this game want people to progress so slowly, everyone will quit, and there will be 10 people left willing to put up with it before you "might" double check yourselves and what your doing.

i might as well mention the horrific lag i have been getting post 1.9.1. it's so bad now i cannot kill assault ships or fighters in onslaught mode at point blank range. vets, are permanent god mod, what i'm seeing is about 3 seconds behind whats happening, i have to aim about 4 inches in front of what ever i'm shooting at to maybe land a hit. when i ram people i have to aim where the ship is going to be, aim for empty air, not where it actually is. 1.9.0 almost no lag problems, 1.9.1 over half my matches are extremely laggy. thank god there is no punishment for leaving matches. i actually get more points if i ditch the laggy match early to find one with a good ping rate, even if it's 2 or 3 attempts.

battle bonus? win, it's on cool down, loose it's on cool down? i don't recall seeing anything in patch notes about having to buy BB after every match no matter what. how about contracts? do these actually award anything? i don't think they do lol. when i complete 1 nothing changes haha

so your comfortable. im comfortable also. i didn't spend the money to create fund and maintain this game so i sleep easy at night, and this also means my opinion is worthless. dreadnought is in a interesting place having no real other substitute on the market right now, people like me are willing to tolerate a lot more then usual. this will not be true 6 months from now.

you wont see me post some rant about why i'm leaving, i'll just be gone, like a lot of other people are already gone without telling you why. people you never new played dreadnought, hated it and left the first day. i see the front page of these forums and they still have my posts from WEEKS ago, no new comments, not being pushed to the bottom by new topics... just sitting there, lifeless, like the player population is now, lifeless, keep up the good work! glad to hear the dev team is comfortable, if i were running things, i would never have to explain anything like sixfot and greybox do, changes would just make sense to people playing the game.

Maybe you are juat jot pucky enough with the assist and other kills
They literally wrote ITS A BALANCING ACT and added "lets hear your throuhts" in the end implying the system might not be perfect and community feedback is.neccesary. I feel the rewards are fine and further ribbon tweaks might make it even greater.
Your main guns (primaries) tend to miss targets closer to you thats why "most" secondaries Are short.range
The support team also posted the minimum req for the game, so you might wantt check them out for that and see perhaps what causes the lagg for you
Contracts give yiu credits and you know it also.Battle Bonus gets used wheter you lose or win a match adding a nice xp/credit boost which has been always like that from day 1

Oct. 24, 2017, 4:10 p.m.

Raging#5940 posted (#post-161198)

you asked for it

Maybe you are juat jot pucky enough with the assist and other kills
They literally wrote ITS A BALANCING ACT and added "lets hear your throuhts" in the end implying the system might not be perfect and community feedback is.neccesary. I feel the rewards are fine and further ribbon tweaks might make it even greater.
Your main guns (primaries) tend to miss targets closer to you thats why "most" secondaries Are short.range
The support team also posted the minimum req for the game, so you might wantt check them out for that and see perhaps what causes the lagg for you
Contracts give yiu credits and you know it also.Battle Bonus gets used wheter you lose or win a match adding a nice xp/credit boost which has been always like that from day 1

none of what you said is actually true, dreadnought fan boy line is over there ---> NEXT!

Oct. 24, 2017, 4:55 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 5:06 p.m.

you asked for it

Bugs aside progression isn't that bad until you start researching t5 modules 2bh.
And this probably feels worse than it is due to the lack of T5 games.
And you should consider that f2p games need to make money. The grind is s balancing act of keeping us happy yet wanting Elite status to speed things up.**

Score awards are certainly buggy had situations like you describe many many times.
But feel positive scoring system is being overhauled. Just a question of when we get it.

No not at all this team is actually very good at communicating with its players.
I would say one of the best I have come across in my 30+ yrs of gaming.

Not had any issues at all like this are you 100% sure it is not a problem with your connection. Have you checked everything contacted your isp and/or DN support.
As for aiming where the ship is going to be that is called leading a target you kinda have to if they are moving or the shot lands where they were eh.

It is supposed to cooldown after a match win or lose you then have a few options.
1. Play without BB
2. Buy off the cooldown
3. Play a different fleet and let it cooldown naturally.
Infinite load bug can cause issues here for obvious reasons.

You have been playing for free so what's your problem. You only invested time and how much is completely down to you.

Some honest advice for you go take a break from DN. Sometimes it is a good idea to step back and do other things. I recently took 2 months out of the game as i was starting to get seriously frustrated myself.
I feel much better for doing so and although there are bugs and balance issues that still annoy me. I don't feel stressed about them and have my constructive head back on.

Soz should have written my responses in bold for easier reading on my phone will edit 2moz if i remember.

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent! We can attack in any direction!"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.