FORUMS

well this stinks, everything going to plan

Posted: //
Oct. 24, 2017, 5:45 p.m.

your forgiven haha smile

Oct. 24, 2017, 6:43 p.m.

Please do NOT think that the xp gain is faster, I will echo the majority .....speed it up and U the Dev's will see this game survive....if not then U asked for this game to fail.....it would be a TOTAL shame to see that happen, great game but the grind is next too imposible.

Oct. 24, 2017, 6:50 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 7:01 p.m.

While I agree the XP gains for the average player is not great, I've found the fastest way to get XP and credits is to play onslaught. Shoot everything that moves that's not on your side. Play as a team and you're going to rake in the xp. I mostly play Jutland and I regually come top in Onslaught. Because I AoE as often as possible.

So I tag multiple targets and when they all go down I get a good chunk of XP of I did not finish them off. You can get good XP from fighters and assault ships too. When you die take them out on your way back to your team.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 24, 2017, 9:29 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-161223)

Play as a team and you're going to rake in the xp.

The only problem is that the new point system discourages team play. Every game i play is "Every Man for Himself"

Take Onslaught for example. I can score 15-0-5 and still come in 4th place. Why is that? Do you really believe the guy that came in 1st place by continuously taking out the Command Ship, would have still come in 1st place if I didn't wipe out every enemy ship guarding the Command Ship in the 1st place? Of course he would not have but that's just the way it is, he is going to have 3 or 4 kills and be at the top of the board because he ignored everything except getting that Command Ship kill. I clear the path only to be gimped because I had to take cover and heal up while the other guys that didn't get a single kill leading to the destruction of the Command Ship enjoy all the rewards.

Tacs are another great example. TACS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE SCORE BOARD! Why? Because its a rather boring style of game play. A Tac does its job and does its job WELL ensuring that the guys at the top of the score board get their points only to get next to nothing in return now. People don't even play Tacs anymore because its pointless. Your not going to come in 1st or even a close second. The Tac is like a b@st@rd step-child that no one wants to use anymore.

I could go on with more examples but like playing a Tac, its pointless. The developers won't listen to us anyway.

Oct. 24, 2017, 9:42 p.m.

Redneck#3287 posted (#post-161237)

The only problem is that the new point system discourages team play. Every game i play is "Every Man for Himself"

Take Onslaught for example. I can score 15-0-5 and still come in 4th place. Why is that? Do you really believe the guy that came in 1st place by continuously taking out the Command Ship, would have still come in 1st place if I didn't wipe out every enemy ship guarding the Command Ship in the 1st place? Of course he would not have but that's just the way it is, he is going to have 3 or 4 kills and be at the top of the board because he ignored everything except getting that Command Ship kill. I clear the path only to be gimped because I had to take cover and heal up while the other guys that didn't get a single kill leading to the destruction of the Command Ship enjoy all the rewards.

Tacs are another great example. TACS SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE SCORE BOARD! Why? Because its a rather boring style of game play. A Tac does its job and does its job WELL ensuring that the guys at the top of the score board get their points only to get next to nothing in return now. People don't even play Tacs anymore because its pointless. Your not going to come in 1st or even a close second. The Tac is like a b@st@rd step-child that no one wants to use anymore.

I could go on with more examples but like playing a Tac, its pointless. The developers won't listen to us anyway.

In onslaught the most command ships kill I can see is 3. Each command ship kill gives you 300 points, 3x = 900 points. If a guy with 900 points is on top of your team then your team is doing something wrong. If you are 15-0 and you have less than 900 points then all you did was last hitting lower tier ships.

Now admittedly there are ways to cheat the score system, but I can assure you top players always contribute.

About tacts, they usually are at top of the scoreboard ranking 2-4, as long as they have the auto beam. If tacts get anymore exp from healing it would be ridiculous because tacts job has less risk comparing to shooters.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 24, 2017, 9:55 p.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-161240)

Redneck#3287 posted (#post-161237)

In onslaught the most command ships kill I can see is 3. Each command ship kill gives you 300 points, 3x = 900 points. If a guy with 900 points is on top of your team then your team is doing something wrong. If you are 15-0 and you have less than 900 points then all you did was last hitting lower tier ships.

Now admittedly there are ways to cheat the score system, but I can assure you top players always contribute.

About tacts, they usually are at top of the scoreboard ranking 2-4, as long as they have the auto beam. If tacts get anymore exp from healing it would be ridiculous because tacts job has less risk comparing to shooters.

Shazbot1#1608 posted (#post-161207)

none of what you said is actually true, dreadnought fan boy line is over there ---> NEXT!

Oct. 24, 2017, 10:28 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2017, 10:28 p.m.

Here you go, just a game with the very same person that said it

https://puu.sh/y6tFt/259e7e0321.jpg

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 25, 2017, 2:35 a.m.

Shazbot1#1608 posted (#post-161174)

i might as well mention the horrific lag i have been getting post 1.9.1. it's so bad now i cannot kill assault ships or fighters in onslaught mode at point blank range. vets, are permanent god mod, what i'm seeing is about 3 seconds behind whats happening, i have to aim about 4 inches in front of what ever i'm shooting at to maybe land a hit. when i ram people i have to aim where the ship is going to be, aim for empty air, not where it actually is. 1.9.0 almost no lag problems, 1.9.1 over half my matches are extremely laggy. thank god there is no punishment for leaving matches. i actually get more points if i ditch the laggy match early to find one with a good ping rate, even if it's 2 or 3 attempts.

What's your ping? Because I have no such issues and I'm in Europe. Check my signature for the support tool, which will show you your ping. You can also run the data aggregation it provides and only grab the connection info, which will do a tracert and a ping spam to all known gameservers via your game logs.

battle bonus? win, it's on cool down, loose it's on cool down? i don't recall seeing anything in patch notes about having to buy BB after every match no matter what. how about contracts? do these actually award anything? i don't think they do lol. when i complete 1 nothing changes haha

I have no such issue either, you should report it via the in-game bug reporter. BB is working as intended here. Regarding contracts, they are applied during match results of the match that completed them, hence you won't see a change when accepting, they are already applied at that point. You should see about 1.2k extra credits in your match rewards added somewhere though. Not the most ideal concept imo.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Oct. 25, 2017, 3:55 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-161242)

Here you go, just a game with the very same person that said it

https://puu.sh/y6tFt/259e7e0321.jpg

with out being there, I'd have to guess he's not very good.

battle bonus? win, it's on cool down, loose it's on cool down? i don't recall seeing anything in patch notes about >having to buy BB after every match no matter what. how about contracts? do these actually award anything? i don't >think they do lol. when i complete 1 nothing changes haha

BB has all ways been used up after a match since it was added. If you thought this was a bug, why wait till now to bring it up? Secondly, When they talked about BB they said each one would have a cool down. Recruit is pretty much instant, with Legendary and Veteran having longer cool downs, it's to encourage you guy spend credits on it, or play a different division, but you can still play matches with out it. Unlike Maintenance that would lock you out of your fleet until you paid the fee.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 25, 2017, 4:33 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 25, 2017, 4:47 a.m.

the xp gain is much slower than intended simply because its so hard to find legendary matches or switch around the game modes: Team elimination fdoesnt work at all (abandoned by players) and Proving grounds is not worth the effort as it barely gives points.

The game assumes a lot more players and a lot more matches happeneing - In reality players waste too much time waiting.
Long story short - the game modes arent working as intended and the player base isnt big enough to allow us to hop from game to game (legendary).

Please compensate for the slowness of the grind until these things are addressed.
Also: this is a common occurance in the games I do actually get into:

https://i.imgur.com/EyzmD0P.png

Quitting a game should have a real consequence.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.