FORUMS

Forum Bugs & Feedback

Posted: //
Aug. 10, 2015, 5:36 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 10, 2015, 5:38 p.m.

Since I was unable to find a suitable section, and I have a couple of things that bug me on the forums I figured I could make a post here. Feel free to move the thread if you find the section inappropriate.

• I accidentally typed sh$t instead of ship. The error message was quite obscure stating that there were some illegal characters in my text, without highlighting which one. I was however able to see it when pressing preview, as it was highlighted in red. However even if I corrected the error it still kept producing the error message, until I reloaded the page and pasted in my error message.

EDIT: This time it actually highlighted the illegal word in question, maybe because I was on a tablet last time...

• Is it possible to get a Mark all as read button within each section? I am more interested in some sections than others, and i would be a nice addition.

• The new tab behavior is not consistent, the most frustrating feature is that for some reason all new tabs I open when pressing the topic title open as a new front tab, forcing me to switch tabs. However if I open a multi-page topic by selecting a page instead of the title, it opens like it should in the background.

• Is there a way to disable the scrolling posts and just make it a large post instead? I know this is just a personal preference, but I like being posts being clearly visible so you can see the structure, making it easier to read.

Dreadnought Testers - Chat & VoIP

Aug. 10, 2015, 5:48 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 10, 2015, 5:55 p.m.

• Sometimes when editing a post, pressing "Post" results in posting an entirely new Post which contains the edited material of the post before it.
    I managed to do not only the usual double-, but like tetra- and quadro-posts ;)

Using the word "Post" 7 times

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:03 p.m.

@Irish: Thank you for the LOL. XD

I want that "Save" button at editing a post of you instead of a "Post" button. Because it also always sends out a new e-mail for each change, which is pretty annoying. ^^

JB Logo Cute little thingy-thing

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:24 p.m.

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-4247)

• Sometimes when editing a post, pressing "Post" results in posting an entirely new Post which contains the edited material of the post before it.

This happens when you accidentally his the Reply button instead of the Edit button, everyone's done it lol. It's kinda weird having a reply button on your own posts as you would never really reply to yourself; unless you are monologuing which is also kinda weird on a forums lol.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:28 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 10, 2015, 6:29 p.m.

You don't have a reply button on your own posts. "Report", "Edit" and "Quote". ^^

It's weird that you can report your own posts, though. ^^

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:34 p.m.

well i'd actually like a textbox when you report a post so you can type out why you did. the options you can select when reporting are not enough i think

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

Aug. 10, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 10, 2015, 6:38 p.m.

And what type of reason is "praise"? Praise what? XD

And yeah, i agree with you.

Aug. 11, 2015, 3:05 a.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-4251)

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-4247)

This happens when you accidentally his the Reply button instead of the Edit button, everyone's done it lol. It's kinda weird having a reply button on your own posts as you would never really reply to yourself; unless you are monologuing which is also kinda weird on a forums lol.

i think you mean the quote?happend to me too.Had to call drakane to delete them

the tab behavior need to be fixxed as soon as possible.For scrolling post i don't mind

Dreadnought Wikia

Aug. 11, 2015, 4:41 a.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted

I've seen it now, it's the quote-button xD

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4252)

You don't have a reply button on your own posts. "Report", "Edit" and "Quote". ^^

It's nor really a "Reply"-button, but I can quote myself and use that again :s
Dayum, this forum is funny xD But it's better to have a funnily buggy forum than a broken forum.

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Aug. 11, 2015, 4:47 a.m.

I've seen it now, it's the quote-button xD

J4nB1#5520 posted (#post-4252)

Uhm...no it's not? Why shouldn't you be able to quote yourself? That's absolutely acceptable.

Yeah, the forum is funny. Little bugged n stuff. I don't really know why they didn't use an existing and widespread forum software like...uhm..."Simple-Machine-Forum"? It's a cool software, very customizable and it works with the common and well known "BBCode" for the posts instead of this weird "Markdown"-thingy...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.