FORUMS

PlayStation 4 Open Beta Patch 1 Feedback Megathread!

Posted: //
Oct. 29, 2017, 7:39 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 29, 2017, 7:40 p.m.

Loveyou#7029 posted (#post-163093)

How do I warp into battle? I've engaged warp modules in battle but that doesn't do it.
Play the tutorial, that should give you the warp into battle achievement.

Last is still a place.............

Oct. 29, 2017, 10:30 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 30, 2017, 2:18 a.m.

Daxten#3759 posted (#post-162361)

@ Sandkid, regarding your Battlebonus/Fleet Maintenance points:

There no longer is any fleet maintenance, only the bonus. If you see a timer, then it is a countdown to when the next instance of the bonus will be applied to that fleet, but you can still play the fleet if you want. You can pay to apply the bonus right away, but the old method of Pay to even Play is gone.

If that's how you thought it works, you're not the only one to make that mistake.

From my ticket(Mufasa mistakenly said legendary, while my vet fleet is having the issue)

DN_DoktorMufasa
Hi Captain,

Thanks for contacting Grey Box costumer support !

The issue you're contacting us about sounds like a known bug that players are experiencing if one of their fleets was in maintenance when PS4 Open Beta patch 1 was rolled out. Because those fleets are in maintenance, players can't use them; but they can't pay the maintenance fee either, because the maintenance system was replaced with Battle Bonus with the recent patch.

If that sounds like the issue you're running into, we'd like to let you know that it's been fixed in a future build of Dreadnought, which will be coming to PS4 soon.

In the meantime, from what we understand from other player reports, you may be able to use your Legendary fleet (even though it's "in maintenance") if you queue for matches solo. We've had players tell us that this issue only prevents them from using their fleets if they are part of a squad. We know this is an inconvenient workaround, but if it works for you, at least it will let you use your Legendary fleet in the interim until the fix for this bug is released.

We appreciate your patience! Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

DN_DoktorMufasa
Grey Box Support
www.greybox.com

LOLthat big bold text, dont even know how that happened!

Oct. 30, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 30, 2017, 4:43 p.m.

My friend and I had our veteran fleets in maintenance while the PS4 update was installed, and it is now impossible to play veteran games together in the same squad. When trying to start any veteran game while in the same squad, a message "The veteran fleet is locked for the following players:our_names" pops up. A wrench icon is also present at the top right corner of the veteran fleet title in the hangar.
However, we can play recruit/legendary games in the same squad and veteran games separately.
Is there a way to solve this problem?
Thanks and keep up the good work!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see this problem had just been answered, will wait for next update!

Oct. 30, 2017, 4:42 p.m.

Nothing u can do, you have to wait for the next patch. My post above has supports response to that very question

Nov. 7, 2017, 3:48 a.m.

Very nice game; just installed last week and loving the game so far aside from some personal gripes...

1: The Energy Wheel is really strange; being bound to the touchpad on both controller layouts is getting pretty annoying when the swipes don't register correctly, or I end up having to swipe multiple times just to get it to work. I've checked my Dualshock controller, and it's perfectly fine too. Can we have an option to have custom controls (or at the very least, an option to bind the wheel to the D-Pad?) It might be a tall order, but one greatly appreciated!

2: The grinding is... kind of out there. I'm currently grinding the Furia to eventually get to the Brutus, and sweet Lord that 20K research cost for the Fulgora is an eyesore. From Tier One to Two is pitch-perfect; not too long to be deter, but not too short so players know what they're doing by Tier Two. Tier Two to Three is looking to be one painful grind, especially with all those Dovers flying around...

3: Less focus on the IAP's please? I mean, we get it: you guys need to make money and all, but PLEASE don't turn this game into another Mechwarrior Online and prioritize the premium stuff and bundles over getting the game finished! I'd gladly spend money and support a game where the Developers seriously listen to the fans and take their opinions to heart to perfect their game over shoving premium vessels out the door to make money!

Nov. 15, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

just like to throw in that the junkyard prince doesn't unlock appearance customization for the other arty line it represents, great if that could be fixed.
Also the sound issue still exists , not as bad as before but usually after an hour or so of gaming, the sound starts to stutter and slow down, i found it seems to be tied in with the energy wheel, especially when you set energy to weapons, that seems to set it off.
we need another line of ships , particularly something that can counter corvettes from tier 1 up, as a lot of players seem to quit after getting farmed by corvettes in tier 1 to tier 3 battles since there is nothing before tier 3 that is particularly good at taking on corvettes, so an anti corvette tier 1 tier 2 ship option might be a good idea

Also the ship modules especially tier 1 to tier 3 really need to be fixed, at the moment all the modules are identical on all the ship lines, this needs to change to give the ships more identity and reason to use them.

Hero ships need to give an increased credit and exp bonus, more than just the elite bonus, so that there is a reason to use them, atm they just waste away in everyone's hanger, at least change it so they are a viable credit grind option

ship weaknesses , said this one before but to make the game more interesting ships should be given weaknesses, so on some areas the armor is weaker so you take more damage if hit there, and in other areas the armor is stronger so you take less damage there, eg: the front of an arty could have strong armor, but weak at the rear.
more reason to maneuver and flank enemy's that way.

Nov. 16, 2017, 10:40 a.m.

Synbious#7127 posted (#post-172055)

just like to throw in that the junkyard prince doesn't unlock appearance customization for the other arty line it represents, great if that could be fixed.
Also the sound issue still exists , not as bad as before but usually after an hour or so of gaming, the sound starts to stutter and slow down, i found it seems to be tied in with the energy wheel, especially when you set energy to weapons, that seems to set it off.
we need another line of ships , particularly something that can counter corvettes from tier 1 up, as a lot of players seem to quit after getting farmed by corvettes in tier 1 to tier 3 battles since there is nothing before tier 3 that is particularly good at taking on corvettes, so an anti corvette tier 1 tier 2 ship option might be a good idea

Also the ship modules especially tier 1 to tier 3 really need to be fixed, at the moment all the modules are identical on all the ship lines, this needs to change to give the ships more identity and reason to use them.

Hero ships need to give an increased credit and exp bonus, more than just the elite bonus, so that there is a reason to use them, atm they just waste away in everyone's hanger, at least change it so they are a viable credit grind option

ship weaknesses , said this one before but to make the game more interesting ships should be given weaknesses, so on some areas the armor is weaker so you take more damage if hit there, and in other areas the armor is stronger so you take less damage there, eg: the front of an arty could have strong armor, but weak at the rear.
more reason to maneuver and flank enemy's that way.

Nov. 16, 2017, 11:11 a.m.

While i can appreciate the shorter load going in to battle, the start up loading and post match going back to the dashboard are making this game nearly unplayable. With long queue times, im lucky to get two matches per hour. Unless you queue for proving grounds.
Add on the fact that i cant squad with my veteran fleet, grinding t3 has lost its "fun" and become quite the chore.

Still no announcement of a hotfix for those with the maintenance bug, or our next patch. Feels like ps4 is constantly on the backburner.

Nov. 25, 2017, 2:46 p.m.

I've played Dreadnought just after the Battle Bonus update. It's been nearly 150 battles, still cant get my first TierIV but I know free to play games are grindy. I'll elaborate my most critical issues and other minor bugs.

CRITICAL
1.- It has happened 3 times now, I am about to win a match, and just in the moment the definitive point is earned the game glitches (as it conection were lost). Everything stops but not freezes. At first I thought I lost internet locally but no, somehow the game itself lost conection to the servers. So match forfeit and on top of that battle bonus lost. Always in the last moment. Too coincidental, also, rage quit everytime after that.
2.- The sound glitch. I cant really pinpoint the exact moment it happens, but usually in the first minutes of the match.
3.- Navigating through the menus is sluggish, and If I move too fast the game closes.
4.- Loading times are really painful. In addition to matchmaking times I, in average, wait 15 minutes to play a 15 minutes match. Matchmaking 3-6 minutes. Into battle loading time 2-3 minutes. After battle loading time 3-4 minutes. Frustation is higher when get into battle in the middle of a match (no ship choice, you just get the first in your fleet) and only get to play 5 minutes to find your self in an inmminent loosing team)
5.- Matchmaking. In recuit fleet seems to be balanced, but in veteran fleet there can be too weird to have a 4 vs 5 match from the beggning. Doesnt seem much, but lacking one person really hurts the team.

NON-CRITICAL
1.- Coatings, patterns, paints and other aesthetic customizations are applied only to the ship you buy it to. This is really insulting to players, since its not specified anywhere at all and looks like a moneygrabbing tactic. If I spend GB in a pattern that cost 500 at least make it available to all the ships of the same class, or maybe the same Tier, or the same manufacturer. The system doesnt really work to me, You should consider changing the entire customization system by being able to apply it to all ships, then Make a colorful pallete and patterns with 2 color slots (primary and secondary) and have us buy the pattern and colors instead, this way I will galdly buy a 200 pattern, a 200 color, another 200 color for seconday and set up my own design. In this way I could be different than other ships (that even bought the pattern), friends could have matching designs and you guys win because doesnt look like you are ripping us off. You could make special colors for more expensive prices (gold, silver, etc)
2.- Touchpad commands. I noticed there is a control layout to not use the touchpad to give commands, but the overall scheme is weird and uncomfortable. I suggest having to press the touchpad to pop-up the command menu and then L3+X to select given command. Simple, don't get tempted or forced to USE the touchpad for everything, it works in 4 directions sliding, but pressing and sliding in 8 directions is rather weird and hard.
BALANCE ISSUE
1.- In my experience, playing the Gravis was extremelly frustrating, but then I found out its Shields are bugged, getting drained in an accelerated rate, as a high consuming vessel, which to a Dreadnough class is really bad.

This is all I can say to make the game really really enjoyable for PS4 players. I think the beta is really taking long. I can feel the game is half finished. I have more ideas and suggestion but those I don't think will be ever be taken
in consideration. For now, fisxing those problem should be priotiry for next patch.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.