FORUMS

Corvettes, the only viable ships?

Posted: //
Oct. 25, 2017, 9:13 p.m.

So I had just a few matches in Veteran Mode where the Corvettes completely and utterly dominated everything. I tried to use my usual Tactical Cruiser but there was nothing I could do against the 3 Corvettes from the Enemy.
So I asked in Chat what we are going to do about it and they all agreed to just use Corvettes ourselves. So in Total there were like 9 Corvettes in the End and some other ships I don't even remember.

We still lost this battle but it was close in the end. Since then I only played my Corvette and it got alot better. But is the Corvette really the only Ship Class that is viable? I really liked playing Tactical and healing my teammates and sometimes I played Dreadnought which was also fun. But I don't want to lose all the time so are there any other viable Ships or do I have to stick with the Corvette.

Oct. 25, 2017, 10:13 p.m.

Short answer, no. Long answer, definitely no...because experienced players are able to shut them down relatively easily. The catch is of course experience. The primary reason corvettes seem OP is because coming from Rookie, where many of the counters don't exist, people only begin to learn about them when they're T3 and up. The most obvious counters are stasis debuffs and the anti-corvette Palos/Harwich line. Further counters are more along the lines of situational awareness, team coop, etc. There are still the occasional OP corvette threads, but for the most part they aren't as much of an issue as you gain experience, the modules you need, and also as you team up with other experienced captains.

Oct. 25, 2017, 10:29 p.m.

Take some defensive modules like armor lock down, mine, tesla pod. Defensive modules are more important than damage modules

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 25, 2017, 11:25 p.m.

Hm...
Ok I will just try what you guys said. Kinda glad I don't need to play Corvettes^^

Oct. 26, 2017, 12:02 a.m.

Corvettes will definitely make a tac cruisers day difficult. They're kind of natural predators for tacs. Other ship types though can deal with them pretty well. If you're in a standard PUG it's going to be hard to get your team to help defend you. I really hope they buff flechette missiles. IMHO they should go faster and do more damage than they currently do.

Oct. 26, 2017, 12:05 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 26, 2017, 12:10 a.m.

If you like Dreadnoughts, Stasis Pulse is your best friend. It works both defensively and offensively (stasis a ship before it can dive behind cover). The class most susceptible to Corvettes is the arty. The other ship lines shouldn't have much trouble defending against Corvettes if you see them coming.

edit: Per Tacs...try Tesla Pods for hands-off defense, or Purge Beams if you want to annoy the shít out of your opponents.

Oct. 26, 2017, 7:53 a.m.

I think with ARTIES you have to change the playstyle in veteran. In Rookie you just stay behind at the edge and shoot at anything. But that leaves you pretty defenceless. In higher games I stay close to the fleet and TAC with the arty. Corvettes will have a hard time surviving broadsides when coming close to the fleet.
Also what works pretty well against most corvettes (except pros) is when they come up behind you to push "dive maneuver" to get out of their line of fire and then use "bomb catapult" from below and whack them.
Also arties with energy to weapons and a steady hand can shoot down corvettes pretty well from afar.
The most important thing is TEAMPLAY TEAMPLAY TEAMPLAY, which makes it very easy for corvettes when it is absent from the team. A tight formation makes it hard for them to get in and out alive, and a dred with stasis pulse and broadside makes it a suicide mission...

Oct. 26, 2017, 7:59 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 26, 2017, 8:01 a.m.

Dreadnoughts with stasis pulse cripple Corvettes. they then get eaten. if you team wants to run off on there own, then you are going to lose if the other teams comes at you in packs.

What people need to remember this is a team based game. Play as a team. People to have it rough to start with as far as Corvettes are concerned, as you have to get in to the Tech trees a bit to get the good counters to them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 26, 2017, 8:30 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 26, 2017, 8:33 a.m.

edit :double post sry had Lags

Oct. 26, 2017, 8:30 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 26, 2017, 8:46 a.m.

Iam Dreadnought Player ( full upgraded Jutland,Voronezh ) and i love Corvettes there are free Kills. There are only annoying if you only have T2

just another whine Thread ..... '' The other Player was better so his Ship should get a Nerf ''

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.