FORUMS

What defence to use against ramming destroyers?

Posted: //
Oct. 25, 2017, 9:36 p.m.

I'm getting to the point now where I don't have too much issue dealing with corvettes ,other than the self defense weapons having (can't say this word on a Christian board) range, but I am at a complete loss as what to do against a destroyer coming in to ram me. I've watched as a T4 destroyer will just come in and ram a full HP T3 Dreadnought to death and then proceed to kill at least 2 other ships before finally being taken down. And being stuck in a stock T3 tactical cruiser I might as well just quit the game if there's a squad of these guys playing together because there's nothing that can stop them before they wipe half your team in their first charge.

Oct. 25, 2017, 10:31 p.m.

Armor lock down will laugh at any ram, provided that you see them coming. If anything can ram a dreadnought then he's just bad

Easy treat is energy to engine and move up/down and the ram will miss completely.

Also 2/3 ram can only hit 1 target at a time, and blast ram is very weak

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 26, 2017, 12:04 a.m.

Stasis missiles and bursts work pretty good. Also they pretty much have to be in your plane to hit you so power to engines and dive or climb quickly can help make them miss. Armor lock down, power to shields, etc can help. If the DD has a scrambler module then it can be a serious pain.

I don't see too many rams in the games I've been in, and when I have they've been mostly use for movement purposes rather than actually ramming things.

Oct. 26, 2017, 1:42 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 26, 2017, 8:54 a.m.

Stasis anything, power to engine and move. Those are the best, if you use armor lock down that's good as long as you see them coming, evasive manoeuver/dive manoeuvre.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 26, 2017, 9:41 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-161737)

Armor lock down will laugh at any ram, provided that you see them coming. If anything can ram a dreadnought then he's just bad

Easy treat is energy to engine and move up/down and the ram will miss completely.

Also 2/3 ram can only hit 1 target at a time, and blast ram is very weak

Actually all the rams can hit multiple targets. Last week I was nearly dead after missing a ram, was wedged between a destroyer and tac, desperate measures kicked in and I hit ram...and killed both. Yeah it's not common by far. But it is possible.

Oct. 26, 2017, 12:47 p.m.

Use stasis, works miracles against vettes & rams. Just watchout when enemy is about to get killed since then desperate measures might kick in and remove stasis + restore energy. So best to leave burst dmg for very end.

Oct. 26, 2017, 1:01 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 26, 2017, 1:02 p.m.

only 1/3 of the rams have an AoE effect, where all 3 have an AoE damage radius.

• Plasma ram: 100m AoE
  • Purge ram: 800m AoE purge 4k dmg at T4, 5.5k at T5
  • Blast ram: 800m AoE damage at T4 with 12500 dmg and 1200m AoE at T5 with 13750 dmg

Hard counters:
- Disruptor Pulse
- Stasis pulse
- Quick movement modules
- Stasis auto beams
- Stasis beam
- Armor amplifier/lockdown (careful against disruptor missiles on the rammer)
- Stasis ammo
- Amped nuke mines
- Stasis mines

Soft counters:
- Stasis missile
- Drain missile
- Drain pulse
- Disruptor missile
- Purge beam
- Drain mines
- Double arty mines (12k per set)

Useless counters:
- Anything slow
- Anything that disrupts module usage but not active modules

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.