FORUMS

The anti cry over progression speed and OP ships thread!

Posted: //
Oct. 27, 2017, 11:40 a.m.

I read a lot in this Forum the last days. One thing that i repeadly read is crying pilots about progression speed and overpowered ships.
To make it clear - There is no slow progression speed and there is also no overpowered ship class.

All of this is about brainless Pilots not archiving the right Briefings, using wrong Module combinations and dont fly the Ship like it shoiuld be. Also joining squads with a setup that helps each other is one way to quickly get more fun in that Game.

I have a total of ONLY 50h battle Time. I got four T4 ships with 38 T4 Modules unlocked, and also already 9 of the importend Briefings researched. Now working on my first T5 and a addional T4 including the 10. Briefing.

I cant understand why this should be slow. 50h of playtime is nothing. In about 30 Battles i willo get my T5. So after about 55-56h total playtime i will own the biggest ship in that Game. That is NOTHING. To own a T5 ship should and have to be a hard pice of work. If i own it and set it up i know what i had done for it and can be proud of this.

All of you guys simply want the big bucks without bring a efford that is need. Go and play
Angry Birds or something. When you deinstall the Game for this im really happy about that.
The other thing is the "overpowered" ships all talk about, ... even there, there is nothing like that. Each ship can doing absolutly great results if you use it in a way that that match to its role and values.

As a example everyone say the Corvettes are OP. They are not. The pilots are simply to stupid to deal with them. Corvettes need to be defend by Destroyers and also by Tacticals. They get mostly ignored on minimap and no one have a ship in fleet setup with stasis pulses, blast pulses, autocannons, purge beams and so on.

That are simple module and shipsetups that can defend even a group of corvettes and totally get them out of the Match.

Just all stop crying about the Devs doing things wrong, start with your self.

Follow the white rabbit

Oct. 27, 2017, 7:24 p.m.

Well, the grind isn't bad, it's just NOT FUN. Because you have to play on unfinished ship with modules that someone else chose for you.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 28, 2017, 5:17 a.m.

Amen @Notmynick well posted !

Oct. 28, 2017, 6:35 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 28, 2017, 6:37 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-162511)

Well, the grind isn't bad, it's just NOT FUN. Because you have to play on unfinished ship with modules that someone
else chose for you.

Sure it is Fun. It would be less Fun if you only play 50h, archive everything you want and after that repeadly flying the same ships over and over again.
If you still think the ship is performing to bad simply play Veteran or Legendary Provingground battles with Battlebonus. There you can get a quite not so bad xp result as well. Also nearly win each battle wat make the progress faster for the Carrer with point GP-Point rewards.

A good Pilot would always be flexible and have ships setup in fleet for special situations. Like a enemy team with very high corvette count, or if they balling with 4 Tacs as a example. Also take a look what is missing in the Team, take a Dread if there is none or a Tac if there are 2 less and so on.

Follow the white rabbit

Oct. 28, 2017, 7:46 a.m.

Notmynick#1222 posted (#post-162802)
If you still think the ship is performing to bad simply play Veteran or Legendary Provingground battles with Battlebonus. There you can get a quite not so bad xp result as well. Also nearly win each battle wat make the progress faster for the Carrer with point GP-Point rewards.

A good Pilot would always be flexible and have ships setup in fleet for special situations. Like a enemy team with very high corvette count, or if they balling with 4 Tacs as a example. Also take a look what is missing in the Team, take a Dread if there is none or a Tac if there are 2 less and so on.

I have played almost every single T3 out there, sans the Balista and Kreshnik, and obviously all their subsequent T4. Nothing perform THAT BAD, but many aren't fun, at all. For example I like arty pod and auto repair on Aion, but purge beam and warp on Koschei. Both of them start out with something else that I don't like. I don't have any choice in the matter

You mention flexible, but the current progression is not a least bit flexible.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 28, 2017, 10:17 a.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-162927)

I have played almost every single T3 out there, sans the Balista and Kreshnik, and obviously all their subsequent T4. Nothing perform THAT BAD, but many aren't fun, at all. For example I like arty pod and auto repair on Aion, but purge beam and warp on Koschei. Both of them start out with something else that I don't like. I don't have any choice in the matter

On every t4 you can use the t3 mods for that actual slot... you can very well customize your fresh t4 to your likings!

Dreadnought allows you more customisation from tier to tier then most games i have played. If feel it would be boring to have every mod accesible from the start... as Notmynick said, accomplishments are a big motivational driver.

Oct. 28, 2017, 11:02 a.m.

Sturmkraehe_#6883 posted (#post-163003)

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-162927)

On every t4 you can use the t3 mods for that actual slot... you can very well customize your fresh t4 to your likings!

Dreadnought allows you more customisation from tier to tier then most games i have played. If feel it would be boring to have every mod accesible from the start... as Notmynick said, accomplishments are a big motivational driver.

While that is true, A ship that has no T3, will not have options to change modules. The same is true if you have a T3 and not unlocked all of the modules on it. When you get to T4 you will be limited on what you can qeuip.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 28, 2017, 12:18 p.m.

Yeah, no. Ships like Koschei doesn't have a T3. Some modules like warp or arty pod simply doesn't have a T3 version either.

Equipment is not an accomplishment. You can double the exp needed for next tier ship for all I care, but the fun of customizing your ships is locked behind a grind wall as of current. And that's not fun

Oct. 28, 2017, 4:23 p.m.

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-163061)

Yeah, no. Ships like Koschei doesn't have a T3. Some modules like warp or arty pod simply doesn't have a T3 version either.

Equipment is not an accomplishment. You can double the exp needed for next tier ship for all I care, but the fun of customizing your ships is locked behind a grind wall as of current. And that's not fun

True, t4 ahipa without a t3 variant are stuck with the oem mods and some mods are t4 exclusive. But you realize that you do have customisation options in all the other cases?

If you feel that getting the right equiment is not an accomplishment and something you want to invest into that´s alright, that´s your opinion. The defs chose another road and i for one appriciate it. I played other games where it took me MONTH to get the equipment i wanted (just to have to grind new equipment with the next expansion smile). For the Aion it took me ONE evening to have everthing i felt needed and 3 to have everything i wanted to try... didn´t feel like a wall, for me it was fun. The Dola on the other hand, there i can feel at least an uphill slope! =)

Oct. 28, 2017, 4:28 p.m.

Sturmkraehe_#6883 posted (#post-163087)

Captain Nemo#8277 posted (#post-163061)

True, t4 ahipa without a t3 variant are stuck with the oem mods and some mods are t4 exclusive. But you realize that you do have customisation options in all the other cases?

If you feel that getting the right equiment is not an accomplishment and something you want to invest into that´s alright, that´s your opinion. The defs chose another road and i for one appriciate it. I played other games where it took me MONTH to get the equipment i wanted (just to have to grind new equipment with the next expansion smile). For the Aion it took me ONE evening to have everthing i felt needed and 3 to have everything i wanted to try... didn´t feel like a wall, for me it was fun. The Dola on the other hand, there i can feel at least an uphill slope! =)

I found the Dola a breeze to level.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.