FORUMS

Any Tipps for the Koschei?

Posted: //
Oct. 30, 2017, 7:30 p.m.

Im really having trouble with this ship.
You are the primary target for any kind of ship. The heals dont give enough XP.... its imo a desaster of a ship.
I was able to suffer trough the grind so far, that I got auto-Beams. Still, the ship cant resist anything.
Not sure if I can bear this crappy ship any longer... actually I just bought it for the briefing.
Any tips on how to get this pile-of-to-be-scrap working?

Oct. 31, 2017, 2:05 a.m.

Being the "primary target" of your opponent implies you're the primary threat against their success. That fact alone makes me love commanding my Koschei.

I don't think the perceived shortfalls of the Koshchei are born from its Captain, but rather from the lack of cohesion from the other Captains on your team. They need to know how to block you from attacks by positioning themselves between you and the enemy. They also need to avoid leading your Tac Cruiser into danger, and instead ensure you have a safe place to launch your repairs from -- a place beside an obstacle where you can't be easily targeted.

For your part, strive to show them your value in every fight, and hopefully they'll learn to appreciate your presence more. Target Warp can be fun (it has a 15K m range) -- appearing out of nowhere and saving their a$$ from the scrapyard. Repair Drone and Auto Repair(self) can help keep you alive longer, but positioning (line of sight) always trumps any amount of repair you can apply to yourself.

If you're more concerned about points and saving yourself instead of taking hits for the team, commanding a repair ship likely isn't your best role in battle.

Oct. 31, 2017, 2:18 a.m.

ZapBrannigan#5399 posted (#post-164317)

Im really having trouble with this ship.
You are the primary target for any kind of ship. The heals dont give enough XP.... its imo a desaster of a ship.
I was able to suffer trough the grind so far, that I got auto-Beams. Still, the ship cant resist anything.
Not sure if I can bear this crappy ship any longer... actually I just bought it for the briefing.
Any tips on how to get this pile-of-to-be-scrap working?

Other then the Officer Briefing, its just a paper weight now. They nerfed it to death a few patches back and its not worth using for anything anymore.

Oct. 31, 2017, 6:47 a.m.

Never-die build:
Modules: Repair Drone, Repair pod, Overclock Pulse, Energy Generator
OB: Retaliator, Module Amp, Slow and Steady, Adrenaline Shot
Game-play: Module amp the drone and the pod so you will never die.
Can tank up to 4 ships focusing you as long as you keep healing someone to activate adrenaline shot. Very good in onslaught since you can keep healing the CC.
Counters: Drain and Disruption will kill you.

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.