FORUMS

I want to like this game, so help me like this game

Posted: //
Oct. 30, 2017, 8:26 p.m.

I like the concept, I like the look and I like most of the execution of this game. I have put in some hours and supported the game with some bucks but...

It seems like at least once a night, I will have a match finish with the match's points not being tabulated to my ship. Win or lose, this makes me feel empty about the game I just played. I am already facing a heck of a grind to get anywhere on my tier 4 ships, this takes wind from my sails. You do not want me to question the grind anymore than I already do. I'm already on that edge.

Add to this the absolute uselessness of the match maker. Playing four or five matches in a row where one side (often mine) is so poorly matched against a superior opponent, one questions why one plays. It's supposed to be fun, right? I consider myself an average player, feel free to blame me for the teams performance, that's always fun and easy to do on boards like this but we all know when a match starts if one side is stacked.

I don't define fun as victory. Some of my favorite matches we have lost. It is the games function and in it's interest to provide the circumstances for all players to have fun. Do not leave your players as I am all too often finding myself. Wondering why I am playing.

Oct. 30, 2017, 10:09 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 30, 2017, 10:10 p.m.

Did you submit a bug report the match where you did not gain XP or credits? It's happened to my self more times than I remember. I just tend to ignore the rewards now and focus on the fun.of the match. I do agree sometimes it feels like a match is stacked. But then I get that feeling from time to time on a lot of PvP modes in games I play.

Also this game is in Beta so something's are going to be buggy, not a great thing to hear when you are considering spending money, but it is a fact. I've gone from.being a heart beat away from uninstalling to just playing one match at a time for the fun of that one match. I personally have found the games way more fun, win or lose.

But that's my personal take on it.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 31, 2017, 2:20 a.m.

Treat this game like Dota, play it for the match, not for the outside progression.

I don't even notice the exp bug until someone posted it, because I pretty much don't care.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 31, 2017, 3:51 a.m.

I appreciate your advice however I must care to some extent. If I'm to be matched against tier 4's who have every module they would want, my barely t4 ships do not feel evenly matched at all.

Oct. 31, 2017, 4:25 a.m.

UbuRoi#1469 posted (#post-164459)

I appreciate your advice however I must care to some extent. If I'm to be matched against tier 4's who have every module they would want, my barely t4 ships do not feel evenly matched at all.

Everyone has gone through that, including me. While people started on January, I started on August. Until now I'm still leveling many of my T3 and T4.

You can try to follow a path, which I think is easy:

• Dreadnoughts first, get exp mainly from armor amp module with tank - berserker etc bonus. On T4 you pretty much wreck everything with stasis pulse + interceptors. You don't need to be good to play dreads
  • Aion healer line next, very straightforward
  • Destroyer lines, suicide dash build with missiles/torps and module reboot. From T4 you can switch to storm drain combo. You will die a lot but you get a lot of exp
  • Arty lines, though require skill to aim, the range help a lot even if you are T3. Equip mine and maneuver modules to deal with vettes.

Get the free 2 months Elite status by winning 500 games. That speeds you up a lot

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Oct. 31, 2017, 4:25 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 31, 2017, 4:26 a.m.

UbuRoi#1469 posted (#post-164459)

A lot of T4s out there do not have every module they want. It took me a good while to get all the ones I wanted on my Jutland. I do fine some ships are easier to "level" than others. I also find time of day to be very important to when I get my higher XP hauls.

We are not saying don't care about how you are progressing, but not to focus on it at the end of every match.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 1, 2017, 9:22 p.m.

I started in January. Played with Elite status for most of the time since. Got to be seal clubbed a lot while working through the ranks.

Tier 4 ships feel worse than the tier 3 ships you used to unlock them. If there is a precursor, you may use the modules from the tier 3 variant. Makes a lot of difference in enjoyablility.

If it first appears as a tier 4 ship (Koschei, Jutland) you just have to grind through it.

During my tenure so far, my computer has been pretty consistently trouble free. What bugs there were did not keep me from playing, just sucked some of the will to play.

That all changed with 1.9.1. The enhancements to the graphics brought me down hard. My 34 in. 2560x1080 monitor worked fine until then, even though it was technically not supported. Now my mouse won't work on part of the screen, shows up on the monitor on the right, and the main monitor, and basically responds like cr*p. Crashed almost every time I try to play and winds up my computer to high gear just trying to get into the hangar.

Yes I've uninstalled it, for now. We'll see if it is working after the next patch.

I took up Fractured Space while waiting for the next patch. If the tier progression there is anything like pre-shipyard, I now get it. Much prefer no tier levels.

Doesn't seem so grindy. I'm only about 9-10 hours in so far, but enjoying myself. If Greybox never fixes my issue ( I hear others also have it), then I will manage. Otherwise, I've got 3 months worth of Elite I can pay for with current GB.

Nov. 1, 2017, 10:09 p.m.

The progression system is dumb. No way around it.

But when you crack into T4 and get a couple modules the game is great.

If you're trying to manage through T3, I recommend playing vettes. Their basic modules are good and you can speed around and keep warping to make the weaker hp not matter as much.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.