FORUMS

The three things about this game that will make me lose interest (no, it's not corvettes or the grind)

Posted: //
Nov. 2, 2017, 6:56 p.m.

1. Having to unlock some ships through totally unrelated ship classes. For example, having to grind through the T3 Dola (a pretty crappy destroyer that I otherwise wouldn't use) to unlock a T4 Koschei. What I would really like to see is each ship class (for each manufacturer) to have a ship through all the tiers like the Jupiter Destroyer line, Oberon Tac Cruiser line, and Akula Dreadnought and Artillery lines.
  2. The disparity between Tier 3 and Tier 4. It's still way too great. T4 gets fighters, interceptors, bombers, endurance mode, drones, way more Officer Briefings, etc that Tier 3 doesn't have access to. It's really no contest, the team with more T4 ships is going to win almost every single time. The way to fix this would be to keep T1 and T2 in the Recruit fleet, isolate T3 in the Veteran Fleet, put T4 in a new Advanced Fleet, then keep T5 in its own Legendary Fleet.
  3. The matchmaking system. I'd say a good 80% of my matches in this game are either on a team that completely stomps the other team, or on a team that gets completely stomped. Neither case is even remotely fun. The only game I've really seen with a worse matchmaking system than this is Robocraft. lol With as much skill disparity between teams as I've been seeing lately, I'd say the only way to fix this (besides isolating the Tiers into their own fleet ranks) is to throw out the current system and start over from scratch. The current system just plain does not work.

Nov. 3, 2017, 5:41 a.m.

1. I think its unfortunate that the game design forces us to play styles and mods we have no interest in to earn the right to play how we do want to. Imagine being if WoW forced you to play as a archer or cleric from level 1 -30 to be a warrior past level 31. Some of the trees are kinda stupid, and generally specializations should be career choice progressions rather than "we're gonna make you tick off a lot of boxes and waste your time before we let you get to your preferred playstyle."

2. Im not sure about this: I often see T3 ships dominating veteran matches... especially some Corvettes and destroyers, but certainly T3 dreads and tacs are way underpowered in vet matches. I wish players could find or purchase temporary buffs, or there was more team enhancement skills (like paladin auras I guess) which could level out the difference.
    Either that or give us the ability to mix and match defensive and strategic modules across different tiers and classes to open up customization.

3. I win or lose depending on whether my team understands how to play together - and this is entirely random. I can get the top score in one match and sub 300 in the next. Its just totally up to the team composition and especially when I'm Jutting (I work towards my Monarch) there is no point to beg for healers or make recommendations cos it will just lead to arguments and mockery. I can live forever with a good healer but I barely bother to check if there is one around now and just shrug and die when there isnt. The majority of recent games my teams havent had any healers at all so I can go full armour mode but then i never really get anywhere in the rankings cos noone in the team will bother to use me as a damage soak.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

Nov. 3, 2017, 6:31 p.m.

My comments on your points:

1. No opinion, as I haven't tried the Dola. But I have heard it sucks.
  2. Totally agree. however, perhaps it could be: RECRUIT: T1, VETERAN: T2-T3, LEGENDARY: T4-T5.
  3. I think this may be mostly due to 2.

Thank you for pointing these out.

Nov. 3, 2017, 10:07 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 3, 2017, 10:11 p.m.

Sgt_Saunders#5165 posted (#post-165724)

1. Having to unlock some ships through totally unrelated ship classes. For example, having to grind through the T3 Dola (a pretty crappy destroyer that I otherwise wouldn't use) to unlock a T4 Koschei. What I would really like to see is each ship class (for each manufacturer) to have a ship through all the tiers like the Jupiter Destroyer line, Oberon Tac Cruiser line, and Akula Dreadnought and Artillery lines.
  2. The disparity between Tier 3 and Tier 4. It's still way too great. T4 gets fighters, interceptors, bombers, endurance mode, drones, way more Officer Briefings, etc that Tier 3 doesn't have access to. It's really no contest, the team with more T4 ships is going to win almost every single time. The way to fix this would be to keep T1 and T2 in the Recruit fleet, isolate T3 in the Veteran Fleet, put T4 in a new Advanced Fleet, then keep T5 in its own Legendary Fleet.
  3. The matchmaking system. I'd say a good 80% of my matches in this game are either on a team that completely stomps the other team, or on a team that gets completely stomped. Neither case is even remotely fun. The only game I've really seen with a worse matchmaking system than this is Robocraft. lol With as much skill disparity between teams as I've been seeing lately, I'd say the only way to fix this (besides isolating the Tiers into their own fleet ranks) is to throw out the current system and start over from scratch. The current system just plain does not work.

To add my thoughts on this:

1.- Normally I would agree, I have always enjoying being the healer/support in teams and MMO's. But having tried it this way, for example, having to go through the Nov and Dola to get to the Koshei, I have found that I enjoy playing a tanky DN. Something I would not have discovered if I stuck to what I normally do, so in a way I'm thanksful.

2.- I can't say much on this point as I haven't reached that tier, but like 95% of other multiplayer games, the higher end, higher tiered, more built up players will always romp those that are below, even if it's only some levels below (I look at each tier as increments of 10 levels). Normally the best way to deal with those teams is through organization and voip.

3.- Skill disparity will always be a strong factor in multiplayer games with random players and small teams, due to small team competition requiring tactics and communication, most players are shy to go into a voip to play with strangers.

Almost makes you wonder why not just implement voip to the game, it's not rare these days though most organized guilds will have their own.

https://static.greybox.com/static/media/images/Pedro_Signature.original.png

Nov. 4, 2017, 7:14 a.m.

I don't get the Hate the Dola gets I really enjoyed playing it. Once you unlock warp jump it really comes alive.

The differences between T3-T4 is not that great. OB do make a difference, but not that much. Skill and team play is the biggest difference. The team that plays better as a team will win out over personal skill 9-10.

Legendary has a problem that us true. And the problem is, T5's take a lot to unlock, and a lot to gear up. I think this is what stops people playing there T5 ships.as well as why be the underdog in legendary when you can be top dog in Veteran.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.