FORUMS

Legendary is dead. Fix it. Discord is not the answer.

Posted: //
Nov. 3, 2017, 4:32 p.m.

I sat in Discord waiting for a legendary group on a friday evening.

Same queue length as before - 15 minutes (is my max - after that its just a joke).

Half the threads about Legendary are usually answered with "goto Discord."

Well discord doesnt solve anything. Legendary still forces me to queue for a ridiculous amount of time and doesn't work and I'm gutted. There is no end game.

To the devs: Fix this: Why is this not THE PRIORITY?
There are so many ways.

1. Give the Hero ships an optional T5 buff and let them join legendary. Their credits can still accumulate as before.
    or

2. Allow battlefield buffs that even out the differences for T4. Offer battlefield rewards "courage under fire" and ""Underdog" to give incentives for T4 ships to get in to Legendary straight away.
    or

3. Make T5 ships "rentable". deduct part of the battle bonus for a player renting a ship out - or reversely offer an "investment" bonus to those that own their ships.
    or

4. Make a legendary lobbby that all players can see - and make the queue for legendary visible so that players get notified when other players are joining it. That will build impetus.
    or

5. Let us autoqueue our ships for legendary matches so that we get pulled into them when a place pops up.
    or

6. reduce the headcount neccassary for games. Offer 3 x 3, 4 x 4, 5 x 5, 6 x 6. 7 x 7 and let it escalate as the group to join grows.

PLUS

Mosty importantly: reduce the grind to legendary and build interest in it by offering prizes and tournaments.

YOU HAVE NO END GAME DEVS! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!?!

Im going to take a break from the game for a few months cos this it is so disappointing to be forced to wait to game on a weekend. Its outright disrespectful to your players and I have 4000 other games to play which would never do that.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

Nov. 3, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

Game is in Beta. Can hardly run tournaments when the game is being actively developed.

Everything you have said would take a lot of development time.

Really there needs to be incentives to play T5 ships. The problem is the players who have them don't want to play the same people all the time. Apparently there are over 200 players with T5 ships, but how many of those people are actively playing? I don't know.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 3, 2017, 4:52 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 3, 2017, 4:58 p.m.

• *Game is in Beta. Can hardly run tournaments when the game is being actively developed.
  • Everything you have said would take a lot of development time.
  • Really there needs to be incentives to play T5 ships. The problem is the players who have them don't want to play the same people all the time.
  • Apparently there are over 200 players with T5 ships, but how many of those people are actively playing? I don't know.

People aren't even bothering to play legendary with their T4s. In theory the absence of t5 ships should mean legendary is a T4 free-for-all. It takes 2 days of playing to get a T4 But people still don't bother.

The game is in beta but its pricing model is most definitely not - and that leads players to have reasonable expectations. The game is charging money. Ive close to 80 bucks in - including cash I spent on credits to purchase modules and ships cos I cant grind them fast enough.
If you're saying they will all be reimbursed (and also everything wiped ion the tree) then I guess I will believe it really is a beta - but I understood they won't be reimbursed and theres no more wipes.

So "Beta" in that the game isnt finished" -- fair enough. Buit "beta" in the sense that I shouldnt expect a real game for my money? No. And beta or not: Players have come and gone because there is no end game - even those who did invest money.

Lastly: The fact there is no end game should be as disconcerting to the devs in beta as in release: Even more so. It means there is nothing to keep players wanting to stay.

Nov. 3, 2017, 5:46 p.m.

Bonita#7095 posted (#post-166024)

The game is in beta but its pricing model is most definitely not

This.

Nov. 4, 2017, 3:22 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2017, 3:49 a.m.

HepTagoN#7086 posted (#post-166026)

Bonita#7095 posted (#post-166024)

The game is in beta but its pricing model is most definitely not

This.

And your not forced to spend money. Arguing that you can buy things means a game is not in true beta is just plain wrong. Look at all the games that have been on steam in early access, charging full price for a game still being developed. Didn't Ark even have an exspantion while in development. PUBG is still in early access and is one of the fastest selling games.

Yet it's ok of these game to ask you to pay full price and play the game while it's being developed, that then could fall through and not be finished of released, but Dreadnought give tou the options to buy stuff if you want to, oh no, they are the Devil.

There is no End game in a shooter. Your confusing MMO end game with this. In a shooter you play for the match. Or till you get the ship you want and the modules you want then the game starts. Your taking thinking that just dose not fit in a shooter. Maybe it's because I'm old school that I don't feel that way.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Nov. 4, 2017, 4:58 a.m.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle Belial. Players arent sticking around and the Legendary mode is deserted.
Plenty of players have a T4 but noone puts them into legendary - This is a symptom of a serious problem.

The challenge of any shooter is to compete and improve. To build up and diversify and specialize to the highest level possible. Not simply rinse repeat the same old thing over and over and over and over again.

The "End game" is not a conclusion (I hit level 60 hooray!) but a capability (now I can do the elite dungeons!).

In Dreadnought it is about climbing an arduous grind tree to end up with a T5 ship that you can compete against the best and most veteran players with. Where real skills are needed.

But that its not present: Therefore the game lacks an endgame. We are reduced to sitting in Vet games praying the next random team has someone in it that knows how to heal or that novices wont accidently pop in to fill out the numbers..

The cash shop is aimed towards progression: Buiyng credits to pay for ship and modulke unlocks - and these are mandatory to open up the next tier of ship. It is not unreasonable to be frustrated when you realise that all that grinding, and all that cash spent to get to a T5 is uselss cos.... the game doesnt exist at that moment.

Lastly: One year ago people on the forum were complaining there were no legendary games and were told to wait until more people had T5s.
A year later and there are no games and people are being told "Go to Discord and arrange matches."
Both answers were wrong.
This is disingenuous. Hoping for 16 people to sit and wait for a moment to play a game is not good enough when THE WHOLE POINT of the game is progression is ridiculous.

The truth is that T4 gets you into a legendary game - but people don't bother and people leave the game. THIS is a massive issue.

Nov. 4, 2017, 6:58 a.m.

The problem that I see is the tier system. Why move up a level where your T4 is now the underdog ship, when you can farm T2 and T3's. In your all powerful T4. That is where the problem is. Also why move up with out giving your self the best chance vs T5's if your T4 is not maxed. You are putting your self at a disadvantage.

As for spending money to progress faster, that is an individual choice. But the people who probably have T5's are all in the same clans and don't want to fight each other. They want to crush other people not each other.

I also know players who don't play T5 because they are not actively playing dew to some modules being bugged and find it game breaking. Other don't play because the T5 pool was so small and got board of fighting the same people. The problem is people rushed to T5, and got board. Now other people are catching up, but will face the same problem when it comes to T5. Because of what I've already said the tire system. In your T4 you can get matches faster in Veteran, and your not the weaker ship.

I think the solution is revert the range changes to T3, move T4 to Legendary only, and make veteran a T2 vs T3 only division. Unless you force a change like that legendary will always have the same problems.

Nov. 4, 2017, 11:15 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2017, 11:23 a.m.

Bonita#7095 posted (#post-166021)
Im going to take a break from the game for a few months cos this it is so disappointing to be forced to wait to game on a weekend. Its outright disrespectful to your players and I have 4000 other games to play which would never do that.

Ah - welcome to the club, though in my case, I'll be waiting for a year or perhaps even longer, given the current state of the game.

Most elite players left because the game got more and more broken due to the introduction of numerous bugs.
Right now, developers are more keen on introducing more content with little heed paid to the bugs that come with such content. Given that developers were more interested in getting more new players into the game and with little care given to keeping the elites on board tells you where the developers' priorities currently lie (the maintenance removal update was designed specifically to keep new players in the game - but the bugs that came with it (TE got removed fora few months) were the trigger point of the elite player exodus). TE is still not working. Developers will say that it is and is just not part of the 'any' queue, but when I uninstalled the game, no player I know has been able to get into TE for a a few weeks.

More importantly, elite players got tired of posting complaints here and being ignored (TE complaints being one example - developers insist that TE is still fully operational - but it's all a big joke, really).

The fact that this forum is still filled with spam threads 3 months after this became an issue tells you everything you need to know about the developers' pace in fixing things.

Like I said, give it a year or maybe 5 - things will be fixed sometime in 5 years from now, unless developers finally bail out on this broken game. I just read the history of yager - apparently they already filed for bankruptcy 2015. Given the pace of this game's development and the obvious lack of urgency in fixing bugs/retaining players, it now all makes perfect sense.

Nov. 4, 2017, 11:58 a.m.

Part of the reason I dont wait a long time for legendary matches is because I realized kind of what Brother Belial mentioned. Even though the battle bonus is bigger in legendary, I still make more credits and xp by playing Vet and even recruit and being the top dog. Not to mention the cooldown time on the legendary bonus is long enough it will still be on cooldown when you get out of your next match so you are left playing recruit and picking on new players and that cant be fun for them. So i just end up swapping back and forth between vet and recruit. Ive played several legendary matches with a tier 4 and it wasnt that bad. I found that it was more about going up against more experienced players than it was that my ship was out matched and my reasons are more about making the most credits as possible in my time online than about being outmatched and not wanting to run a tier 4.

Nov. 4, 2017, 7:54 p.m.

SunnyKim#6347 posted (#post-166335)

Part of the reason I dont wait a long time for legendary matches is because I realized kind of what Brother Belial mentioned. Even though the battle bonus is bigger in legendary, I still make more credits and xp by playing Vet and even recruit and being the top dog. Not to mention the cooldown time on the legendary bonus is long enough it will still be on cooldown when you get out of your next match so you are left playing recruit and picking on new players and that cant be fun for them. So i just end up swapping back and forth between vet and recruit. Ive played several legendary matches with a tier 4 and it wasnt that bad. I found that it was more about going up against more experienced players than it was that my ship was out matched and my reasons are more about making the most credits as possible in my time online than about being outmatched and not wanting to run a tier 4.

That's mainly because not many can equip T5 modules yet (due to few people playing). Once in a while i go up against an equipped T5 and yeah they out class me completely on my T4.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.