FORUMS

PC Game Update 1.9.5 & Balancing Spotlight - Feedback Thread

Posted: //
Nov. 9, 2017, 5:29 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 9:28 a.m.

Hey captains,

PC Update 1.9.5 is here and brought lots of new features and balancing changes, especially regarding Corvettes.

>Check out the complete Patch Notes over here<. Please also have a look at this interview with Game Designers Torkel and Sam about how we do balancing in Dreadnought.

Please let us know what you think about that update in this thread.

Hardy Schilling
Dreadnought Community Manager - German

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing right!"

Nov. 9, 2017, 6 a.m.

Wait, you didn't nerf T4 corvette?

The update on the autogun and broadside modules are good. But I don't get the nerf on offensive lock down, not like anyone ever use it on a dread. Stasis nerf is a bit uncalled for. Sure 2400 range is cheating, but 1200 range is ridiculously low, about 1600 range is alright, dread is too slow to follow anything anyway

Oberon arty buff is good

Weapon breaker torp range buff is a bit ... high. It makes heavy torp even less of a choice now, since weapon breaker torp only deal 10% less damage, but have 2x the range, and a debuff.

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 9, 2017, 6:46 a.m.

Oh, at least corvettes became playable now, after ridiculously overpowered stasis pulse nerf. Lots of my friends say they will start playing Dreadnought again.

And if you really want to consider corvettes people, then nerf Artillery Cruiser's proximity mines. That a press-x-to-kill module and a pure cheat. Or at least make mines killable from main weapons. With mines AC are almost unkillable, and require no team support, what is totally wrong in this game.

Nov. 9, 2017, 7:13 a.m.

dreadpony#0823 posted (#post-169435)

Oh, at least corvettes became playable now, after ridiculously overpowered stasis pulse nerf. Lots of my friends say they will start playing Dreadnought again.

And if you really want to consider corvettes people, then nerf Artillery Cruiser's proximity mines. That a press-x-to-kill module and a pure cheat. Or at least make mines killable from main weapons. With mines AC are almost unkillable, and require no team support, what is totally wrong in this game.

If you fly into the mines that's your fault really.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 9, 2017, 8:06 a.m.

You can literally see mines on map

"I am the law, I am the justice!" - Captain Nemo https://puu.sh/xsWjl/cee5668700.jpg

Nov. 9, 2017, 10:20 a.m.

Instead of constantly changing the Nox damage, I'd rather see its behavior back to the way it used to be.

Right now the Rate of Fire with this massive damage and rapid fire is heaven for people with macros and a pain for those who can't macro this. It also greatly favors people with low ping so Europeans are at a disadvantage here for example.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Nov. 9, 2017, 5:18 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 5:27 p.m.

*FIX THIS FORUM SYSTEM*** Lincrono's post starts here
If you fly into mines as ANY ship you deserve what's coming, and if you fly on top of an arty, you deserve to eat whatever is in that catapult.

Regarding the Patch, Disappointed to see no changes to break up the TV heal ball, and nothing dealing with with TIV corvettes. Corvette speed isn't the issue, it's a complete and total lack of any counters that actually work at TII and a lack of any good counters at TIII and TIV. Every 'counter' that exists relies on the Corvette $crewing up, that is a toxic system.

Bravo on the Oberon artillery changes, it took you long enough.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 9, 2017, 5:21 p.m.

Thank you for fixing the graphics!

Nov. 9, 2017, 6:06 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 6:09 p.m.

sorry, devs, but I'm done!!!! Your team have no QA!!!! each patch creates tons of new bugs... and just throwing sh-t like ZILANT HERO SHIP with 60k HP and zero info about it's modules + BROKEN Sh-t like "REQUEUE FROM END-OF-MATCH SCREEN" which doesn't work a single time ...
I don't want to write here anymore(it seems to solve all issues you need another 10 years and f*cking new investors who fire you all)!!!!
You can delete any critique as you always do! GL

Nov. 9, 2017, 6:26 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2017, 6:28 p.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-169504)

Regarding the Patch, Disappointed to see no changes to break up the TV heal ball, and nothing dealing with with TIV corvettes. Corvette speed isn't the issue, it's a complete and total lack of any counters that actually work at TII and a lack of any good counters at TIII and TIV. Every 'counter' that exists relies on the Corvette $crewing up, that is a toxic system.

Bravo on the Oberon artillery changes, it took you long enough.

Well Corvettes speed is part of the issues, for some ships, depending on the firing angle, turret traverse speed is to low, then if they are below you, good luck hitting them without seeing them, and they still zoom across entire formations without being hit so often in tIV games.

The problem is well as you point out, the lack of short range defense usable without having to sacrifice to a ship particular strength, this is well visible with the Oberon line of Drednoughts or the tIII Akula Vektor which is quiet light and mobile.

Those ships have the same very low 45000 HP to allow them to be mobile, reposition fast, offer fast fire support and yet, they have to share a common Tech three with Dreadnough having nearly 50% more HP and a higher DPS.

This means that a tIV Lorica canot be used to its full potential simply because if its player wants to retain proper mobility (Jump Drive) and offensice capability together with missile defense, he cannot deal with vettes.

The Chernobog withh equaly be vilnerable to fast Corvettes unless he stays with the pack, if we have to deal with tIV at every game, we might just as well have better short range defenses t odeal with Covettes.

Even Heavy Flack Turrets have a DPS which is not providing sufficient defense against a maneuvring target, 15 rounds in a clip plus 5.62 sec reload time, equals you're DEAD, the vettes have launched his Missiles and already half depleted your DPS while you havent managed to hit him with more than 25% of the rounds you fired if you're lucky.

Short range defense for Dreadnought without more than one module is way to week, especially for those with low H.P, as simple as that.

I dont really understand WHY design Dreadnought with nearly 50% less HP than my Jutland and yet not give them the possibility to use their maneuvrability and play their role to the full without becoming XP feeder for Corvettes players.

In a game wit only one Corvette, even with a tIII, using the ship mobility (in this case Chernobog), i was able to target the healers in a camping party using yo-yo tactics, break the locks, dodge return fire, get myself 8 kills and been killed only once.

Now, i'm not asking for a capability that would leave all Corvettes coming in range dead instantly, but equal chances to survive the engagement by countering their attack without having to sacrifice my offensive capabilities.

Right now, the bias is completely on the Corvettes side and negates the very purpose of fast attack Dreadnoughts, unless you gear up your ship specificaly to counter them and camp with the pack surrounded by healers.

So the lighter, more maneuvrable Dreadnought are left without the possibility to be used to their full potential.

https://i.imgur.com/81J0daK.jpg

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.