Posted: //
Nov. 9, 2017, 9:25 p.m.

I dont think any ship should have as many power plays as the corvette:-

1. 100% damage reduction shield
  2. Mobile Cloak that doesnt break when using weapons or modules
  3. Big Bombs not 1 but 2
  4. Area of effect (big) radius abilities
  5. Enhanced engine mods for faster get away

Dont get me wrong its a small ship and needs as much as possible but surely to give it everything, and limit every other ship seems abit biast and showing some dev favour to the corvette. I have used a corvette and decided not to play them because i found them too op for what they were, i dont mind the ship it has a purpose (although with all that armament and fire power) who would need another 7 ships?????

In the hands of an experienced pilot this ship needs no other, it can warp into the middle of a fleet, disable, nuke and kill, take a lot of damage and just warp and boost out. I dont know any other ship that can do that as effectively and efficiently as a corvette. If you give something so much armour and fire power and excessive module usage then why play any other ship that's on offer (once you have mastered the corvette you dont need to fly anything else) with that said and the understanding that this is a team based game i cant help but wonder why the corvette has become the 1 man show, maybe it should be re-named to the Master-Troll.

Balancing as stated is one of the hardest tasks in game dev especially a game of this genre, but if you are going to create specific roles ships then thats where you place your focus on :-

1. Module selection availability
  2. Weapon type and damage type (i.e a healing tac cruiser would sacrifice fire power and armour for healing power and energy boosts)
  3. Armour resistances and damage reduction algorithms should be different given the ship class and role
  4. Shield strength and duration should also vary.
  5. Mobility boosts should only be available to certain class's of ships

Meh im sounding like im back in work.............

Basically there is no defining ability that separates one ship from another, other than the fact that the corvette has too many abilities and too much damage mitigation through its shields, in my honest opinion i dont think that all ships should have access to all modules, and i think that there should be more distinction between ship roles and not quite so generalized.

Nov. 10, 2017, 1:23 a.m.

Thank you for fixing the bug that sets game into lower resolution after each restart...however, i am still suffering from getting stuck in infinite loading screen which forces me to restart the game. Maybe next patch? smile

Nov. 10, 2017, 3:54 a.m.

I've had at least 2 battles since this patch where I got 0 experience even after it shows me making several thousand. This is a big issue and needs to be fixed ASAP!

Jutland ballistic broadsides are now worth using, I like it, but the main guns are still basically worthless other than for shooting down fighters in Onslaught mode (it takes usually 3 hits to kill them). Going with the battleship theme, if the Jutland main guns did tons of damage, but had 1 round and then a long reload (like ww2 main guns) that could be fun. At this point anything that makes these main guns worth firing is appreciated. The shortened range stasis pulse makes sense, it was too easy to root multiple ships in one go and so far I'm able to snare my main targets and corvettes that stray too close. I might consider tweaking it up to 1500m at most.

The particle beam buff was needed, but there is still no reason to use them on any destroyers, the main guns still get most of the fire time. The one ship that could use it the most due to range is the Vindicta. I tried it out for a couple matches and it still wasn't worth it. Point blank flak is just too useful against vettes. I'd say put the particle beams on another ship that could use them.

I suspect the maps are beautiful, but I haven't seen them yet.

How about a capture the flag type battle mode? All this Onslaught is getting repetitive.

Nov. 10, 2017, 6:56 a.m.

Thank god you improved the spawn in TDM. Makes a massive difference to the quality of play.

I've noticed no XP gains sometimes. Last match I warped into a game that had already started, got 3 kills and ended up with ZERO XP at hangar.

Nov. 10, 2017, 9:39 a.m.

Hi guys,

Personally I have a temperature problem. Before the patch the game turned between 60 and 65 C. Since the 1.9.5 I am between 75 and 80 C !

Nov. 10, 2017, 9:44 a.m.

I don't know if is a problem of this update... yesterday, after the patch, the game worked well, today the game continues to get me out of the match... sometimes the game tells me that it has lost connection with the server... my internet connection seems to work well...

Nov. 10, 2017, 10:28 a.m.

We've already identified a fix for the missing XP issue and are getting a hotfix ready ASAP.

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Nov. 10, 2017, 5:43 p.m.

Hello,

This is my first post here so I am kind of a newbie. But I have been playing from the start. Out of all the updates , this is the best one. I don't know what you did , but corvettes don't seem so OP now. I started with 12 friends IN this game and I am basically the only one who still plays it. All of them got tired of corvettes picking them off. And how silly it was that the game was named dreadnought , but the actual dreadnoughts had to huddle in fear from smaller weaker ships.

It got so bad i actually started my trying to use corvettes just to counter them. That was until i booted the game up after the update. OH man do dreadnoughts seem powerful now ! My medusa got crushed by a heavy 3 times in a row.
Just to try things out , I pulled out my zartan and found out I could no longer rely on speed. I still got crushed , it just took a little longer.

Time to bring back out the Trident and morning star smile I started seeing these massive battles of heavies , basically out tanking each other.

After this update , the game actually feels like a big military space battle smile ( Minus the healing ships and green goo beams lol )

Nov. 10, 2017, 5:49 p.m.

Why did you have to make Saturn's eclips so beautiful! I literally wanted to look at it instead of playing. Great job. Im kinda sad about the stasis pulse range decrease. Corvettes have to be really silly to get close enough to my Jutland now for it to be of any use.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 10, 2017, 6:54 p.m.

Though my resolution stays locked now. I cannot use 3440x1440 like I used to be able to do PRE-UHD BREAK.
I have an Nvidia GTX 1080 and even in the hangar, my mouse is laggy moving around. I had to drop back to 2550 x1440 which sounds not that bad, But i'm on Dell 34" UWHD screen and it looks OK but not what I spent all the money on this gear for it to look like...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.