FORUMS

New Player - Some questions before I dive in

Posted: //
Nov. 12, 2017, 7:51 a.m.

I've played MMOs, MOBAs, team shooters for a very long time. Played WOW at launch, if that gives you any indication.

I'm looking for a new game because the toxicity of Overwatch and League of Legends is enough to drive me to drink bleach. I have some questions for y'all.

1. I see a lot of concerns about queue times. Is there anyone left in the game to play with?
  2. How pay-to-win/pay-to-advance is the game? I've played League of Legends for years and only ever spent money on cosmetics.
  3. What's the community like for a new player?
  4. Would you, personally, recommend this game to someone looking for something new to play? I obviously like the tem/competitive genre (League, SMITE, Overwatch, etc.)
  5. What resources (guides, etc.) are available for a player who is just getting started?

Thank you in advance.

Nov. 12, 2017, 8:48 a.m.

Sihada#4123 posted (#post-170494)

I've played MMOs, MOBAs, team shooters for a very long time. Played WOW at launch, if that gives you any indication.

I'm looking for a new game because the toxicity of Overwatch and League of Legends is enough to drive me to drink bleach. I have some questions for y'all.

1. I see a lot of concerns about queue times. Is there anyone left in the game to play with?

There are plenty of people to play with, It's only Legendary ranked games that suffer from long queues.

1. How pay-to-win/pay-to-advance is the game? I've played League of Legends for years and only ever spent money on cosmetics.

It's not, you have the choice. you don't need to at all. You can pay if you are finding things slow, but I've not done it and I have quite a few T4 ships.

1. What's the community like for a new player?

The community is very friendly, its not anywhere near as toxic as others as it is still young.

1. Would you, personally, recommend this game to someone looking for something new to play? I obviously like the tem/competitive genre (League, SMITE, Overwatch, etc.)

If you are looking for team play, then find a clan/group to play with, as squad sizes currently are for 4 people, as communication in game is limited if your not on a 3rd party voip.

1. What resources (guides, etc.) are available for a player who is just getting started?

There is this Rookie Helping Hand Flight Manual

Thank you in advance.

You are welcome.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 12, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

There are plenty of people to play with, Only legendary have queue time problems.

1. How pay-to-win/pay-to-advance is the game? I've played League of Legends for years and only ever spent money on cosmetics.

It's not. Its up to you if you want to speed things up. I've not spent anything on progression, and I've got a few T4 ships.

Very friendly.

1. Would you, personally, recommend this game to someone looking for something new to play? I obviously like the tem/competitive genre (League, SMITE, Overwatch, etc.)

Bets bet is to find a Clan, as squad sizes are only 4 players. Communication is limited if your not on VOIP.

1. What resources (guides, etc.) are available for a player who is just getting started?

we have the Rookie Helping Hand Flight Manual

Thank you in advance.

Your welcome.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Nov. 12, 2017, 8:53 a.m.

There are plenty of people to play with, Only legendary have queue time problems.

It's not. Its up to you if you want to speed things up. I've not spent anything on progression, and I've got a few T4 ships.

Very friendly.

Bets bet is to find a Clan, as squad sizes are only 4 players. Communication is limited if your not on VOIP.

we have the Rookie Helping Hand Flight Manual

Thank you in advance.

Your welcome.

Nov. 12, 2017, 8:54 a.m.

Welcome to Dreadnought Silhada! My name is Tim, I work with the Community Team here on Dreadnought.

You made it really easy for me to make sure I answer all of your questions, so thanks for that!

1. Queue times are a tough nut to crack sometimes. We have the players, it is just getting people matched the right way. The system is ever evolving, and we are collecting data on it, so ultimately, the more you play, the more we are able to figure out how to make MM better.

2. We don't have a pay-to-win model, but we do have a pay-to-speed-up-your-advancement by converting experience. Keeping in mind that in order to gain that experience that you convert, you still have to put in work to gain it, so it is not just pay to get further in the game. The other hard currency options you have are things like, as you mentioned, cosmetic items such as coatings and decals.

3. I would actually flip this question back to you in a few weeks and ask you how it was. There is a Discord server full of a lot of veteran players who are always looking for new people to play with, but I would be curious what your experience has been like!

4. If you're looking for something that is super face paced, like Overwatch, Dreadnought is not that game. If you're looking for something a bit slower paced (but fast match times), Dreadnought is the place. An average TDM match takes around 12-15 minutes.

5. As I mentioned, the Discord is a really great place to go for information, a lot of players are really excited to help new people taking the helm of their first ship. The forums are another great resources. The Rookie Helping Hand Flight Manual is a great place to start! I would recommend following our social media channels, we do information about patches, as well as in-game content on both Facebook and Twitter!

Our Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/playdreadnought
Our Twitter is: http://www.twitter.com/playdreadnought
The Discord Link is: https://discord.gg/6Nq3tF
Dev Road Map: https://goo.gl/YNRtfJ
Dev Road Map Updates: https://goo.gl/HmFyZ7
Rookie Helping Hand: https://goo.gl/Y3ptem

Welcome to the fight, let me know if this helps, and if not, I'll write other things until it does help!

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Nov. 12, 2017, 3:43 p.m.

here is the no B.S. answer to your question. tier 1-3 ships take absolutely no time to reach and max out. in less then a week you could have a pretty good selection of ships with decent progression to play with and not have to spend 1 penny for it, even have some fun in vet matches once in a while. no queue problems in recruit or vet fleets.

tier 4 is where you really need to pay for elite status. the last 2 patches they nerfed XP payouts. this latest patch 1.9.5. i really feel like im getting less xp then before. 1.9.0 i could earn over 10k xp in a match without elite with a good game, 1.9.1. with elite status 5k ship xp average with 10K payouts max when i get a good game. hardly ever do i break 10k xp. now 1.9.5. current version, with elite it's hard to earn over 5k xp per match. without elite status your lucky to get 5k xp, usually 1k-3k xp payouts. when 1 mod in tier 4 costs 14-30k each.... your looking at some serious time investment.

DO NOT BUY HERO SHIPS!!!!!! they are the biggest scam in the game. ask around why. there is talk they will adjust hero ships to give only free xp but that's not the case now, so dont buy one. only subscribe to elite status if your going to give them any money. i would highly suggest the 14 day or 30 day only, after that your going to be pretty burnt out, only 2 game modes available and they get repetitive fast, unless your a diehard.

pretend legendary t5 ships don't exists right now. t4 is endgame, if you really want to play legendary fleet, level a dread or the potato healer. people run around with starling missiles that do 60k damage which pretty much 1 shot anything less then a dread. artys, vets, destroyers, tacts are target practice, especially if you got 2 people shooting starlings, 120,000 damage instantly if they are on comms coordinating.

if you see a group of people with SOS in their name just back out of the match before it starts and save yourself some time. if your on a team with them you pretty much fight for their left over xp and if your against them prepare for a beatdown that you cannot overcome, they have enough ships they can counter anything you can throw at them and they are very well coordinated, rarley will you ever just go up against just one of them. better use of your time just to find a new match then try and compete with dreadnought super-lifer die hard fan boys that have a 1-2 years more time than anyone else.

hope to see ya in game!

Nov. 12, 2017, 3:49 p.m.

Shazbot1#1608 posted (#post-170662)

here is the no B.S. answer to your question. tier 1-3 ships take absolutely no time to reach and max out. in less then a week you could have a pretty good selection of ships with decent progression to play with and not have to spend 1 penny for it, even have some fun in vet matches once in a while. no queue problems in recruit or vet fleets.

tier 4 is where you really need to pay for elite status. the last 2 patches they nerfed XP payouts. this latest patch 1.9.5. i really feel like im getting less xp then before. 1.9.0 i could earn over 10k xp in a match without elite with a good game, 1.9.1. with elite status 5k ship xp average with 10K payouts max when i get a good game. hardly ever do i break 10k xp. now 1.9.5. current version, with elite it's hard to earn over 5k xp per match. without elite status your lucky to get 5k xp, usually 1k-3k xp payouts. when 1 mod in tier 4 costs 14-30k each.... your looking at some serious time investment.

DO NOT BUY HERO SHIPS!!!!!! they are the biggest scam in the game. ask around why. there is talk they will adjust hero ships to give only free xp but that's not the case now, so dont buy one. only subscribe to elite status if your going to give them any money. i would highly suggest the 14 day or 30 day only, after that your going to be pretty burnt out, only 2 game modes available and they get repetitive fast, unless your a diehard.

pretend legendary t5 ships don't exists right now. t4 is endgame, if you really want to play legendary fleet, level a dread or the potato healer. people run around with starling missiles that do 60k damage which pretty much 1 shot anything less then a dread. artys, vets, destroyers, tacts are target practice, especially if you got 2 people shooting starlings, 120,000 damage instantly if they are on comms coordinating.

if you see a group of people with SOS in their name just back out of the match before it starts and save yourself some time. if your on a team with them you pretty much fight for their left over xp and if your against them prepare for a beatdown that you cannot overcome, they have enough ships they can counter anything you can throw at them and they are very well coordinated, rarley will you ever just go up against just one of them. better use of your time just to find a new match then try and compete with dreadnought super-lifer die hard fan boys that have a 1-2 years more time than anyone else.

hope to see ya in game!

You make SoS sound like an unstoppable force lol. They're good, but that's no reason to quit and screw over your team, taking away any semblance of a fair fight

Nov. 12, 2017, 4:07 p.m.

FooJub#4039 posted (#post-170663)

Shazbot1#1608 posted (#post-170662)

hope to see ya in game!

You make SoS sound like an unstoppable force lol. They're good, but that's no reason to quit and screw over your team, taking away any semblance of a fair fight

Indeed, there good, but not unbeatable. I've been on teams that have won against them.

Nov. 12, 2017, 10:11 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 12, 2017, 10:13 p.m.

Returning after a few months and queuing is much better than it used to be. In average, on tier 4, I will wait around 2 minutes to get to a new match, which is pretty good.

Pay to win has nothing to compare with recent Battlefront or Shadow of war controversies. It's only cosmetic but it's still very little though.

The community is decent. No bad word and no bullying during the matches in the few days I have played.

I would definitely recommend this game cause it has become pretty awesome over the months. The graphics are top notch and the special effects during combat are amazing. The UI has been so much improved. Once they include the full controller support for PC, it will surely become my favorite shooter.

Nov. 13, 2017, 7:54 a.m.

Would recommend to join discord for questions. It's where a big part of the community hangs out and there's a boatload of information and game knowledge available: https://discord.gg/dreadnought

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.