Beam weapons for non-support ships?

Posted: //
Sept. 15, 2015, 7:38 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 15, 2015, 7:39 a.m.

Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-6721)

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-6718)

Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-6713)

The corvette can have secondary beam turrets like in the image above however they do not take out missiles like the anti missile turrets that also use beams. The corvette's secondaries are super short ranged, high damage weapons. Would be cool to hear more about what you guys think though, as I also think it would be cool to see some more beam weapons.

thanks for the info,once again smile

You don't have to thank me, it's fun to read what you guys think. I should thank you for being interesting smile

What else can we do?Give me one person who didnt liked dreadnought after seeing one video of it! Keep up the good work,and as i said before,whenever u can throw us an info about the game,we are desperate to learn more smile

"The First Of His Name"

Sept. 15, 2015, 8:46 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 15, 2015, 8:46 a.m.

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-6724)
What else can we do?Give me one person who didnt liked dreadnought after seeing one video of it! Keep up the good work,and as i said before,whenever u can throw us an info about the game,we are desperate to learn more smile

fractured space/star conflict fanboyz smile smile

Dreadnought Wikia

Sept. 15, 2015, 10:37 a.m.

I really like the idea of a Close-Combat-Shotgun-Like-Weapon on the Corvette.

I would put that on my Fulgora asap

Sherogorat and IrishrOy after a good nuke

Sept. 15, 2015, 11:10 a.m.

Sherogorat#7757 posted (#post-6728)

I really like the idea of a Close-Combat-Shotgun-Like-Weapon on the Corvette.

I would put that on my Fulgora asap

Yeah, I knew you would be all for something like a plasma-scattergun or smth. like that xD
Mobile shotgunners are always a pain in the X for the enemies. But also pretty risky for the user, tho smile

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Sept. 15, 2015, 11:19 a.m.

Doesn´t have to be just plasma.
But yeah, the idea of a shotgun-like weapon is really awesome

Sherogorat and IrishrOy after a good nuke

Sept. 15, 2015, 1:26 p.m.

Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-6713)

The corvette can have secondary beam turrets like in the image above however they do not take out missiles like the anti missile turrets that also use beams. The corvette's secondaries are super short ranged, high damage weapons. Would be cool to hear more about what you guys think though, as I also think it would be cool to see some more beam weapons.

I've always been a fan of the way Star Trek beam weapons worked. (Usually they fired one beam at a time in bursts.) Maybe a beam weapon that has high damage, but since the individual weapons overheat after one burst, another beam weapon fires while the first one is on a long cool-down, then a third fires while the other two are on cool-down, etc.

Sept. 15, 2015, 1:39 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 15, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

Captain_Korth#1604 posted
I've always been a fan of the way Star Trek beam weapons worked. (Usually they fired one beam at a time in bursts.) Maybe a beam weapon that has high damage, but since the individual weapons overheat after one burst, another beam weapon fires while the first one is on a long cool-down, then a third fires while the other two are on cool-down, etc.

So a whole setup could kinda look like the good old wild-west-gatling-gun smile

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

Sept. 15, 2015, 2:51 p.m.

irishrOy#2575 posted (#post-6749)

Captain_Korth#1604 posted

So a whole setup could kinda look like the good old wild-west-gatling-gun smile

By burst, I meant a singular beam, not a bunch of them. Though that's more or less how I would picture all the beam weapons on your ship firing together. (Though I would probably make it even slower than that.) Honestly I'm sure that there's probably a ton of limitations to being able to implement this, so I'll just trust the devs to make the game great. Just giving them some ideas on how beams might be able to work. (I'll honestly pay for and use them, even if they turn out to be the worst weapons in the game.) smile

Sept. 15, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

DEVASTRATOR#4326 posted (#post-6726)

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-6724)

fractured space/star conflict fanboyz smile smile

The are clueless,they will find out some time smile

"The First Of His Name"

Sept. 15, 2015, 11:37 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 15, 2015, 11:45 p.m.

http://www.twitch.tv/tangentgaming/v/13779474
check the dreadnought at 1:08:08 difussing like all the missiles he get on him smile

p.s. d@mn it,sorry people,its almost 7 am in greece,havent slept yet after work,didnt even notice my above post..

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.